The Perseverance of an Affluent Thai

Dream High 3
       Many people say that when you grow up into an affluent family, you can easily buy all the material things you want and need, and you can reach all your goals without hindrances, because you have a lots of money. Nevertheless, there is this young lad who never believe to any kinds of sayings when after all some of that are not possibly true since he was a kid. He is Siwon Choi. He lived with his family in the capital city of Thailand. Plenty of girls were crazy over him, because of his beautiful looking posture, his tall and well-built body, and to his mysterious actions. But Siwon didn't care, he don't have any girlfriend, actually nor courting a girl in his whole life. He is focusing to something very important to him; his dreams. 
 
         Siwon is the only son in the family. That is why his father is trusting him so much. His father owns businesses to somewhere in Thailand and into any other countries as well; very successful and prominent. He doesn't have enough knowledge about their businesses, an he is not interested to learn any of it, but his father decided that he will going to study about Business and Management in the United States of America this school year. And yet he don't know how to insist his father's decision for him. Siwon has his own dream,. Furthermore, that dream is to become a musician someday. He is very secretive that even his own family do not know on what he wants to be. However, he always think that it is useless to tell them about his dreams when his father is always been a dictator to him. This man even planned to study at Kirin Art School where he can reach his dreams. 
"So, what's your decision?" Siwon's cousin asked him on the line.
"I still don't know. Still confuse and sick of my father's rules." answered he, flopping himself on the chair while making a sigh. 
"What? Oh no. Hey, cousin, you have to decide as much as possible. Remember, the audition is fast approaching."
"I know. Just give me tow days to think, okay?"
"Alright."
 
          Momentarily, some of the body guards of Siwon's father knocked on his door and entered his room with a respectful manner. Siwon was alarmed when the body guard called his name.
"What do you want?" in a sullen he questioned.
"Your father is waiting."
"I understand. I'll be coming." The body guard bowed his head and left as he closed the door back. Siwon placed his phone once again over his ear that his cousin is waiting on the line.
"Jao, let's talk again later. The king awaits." 
"I can wait."
 
            Siwon hung his phone and puts it in his pocket as he moves along the way to his father. He is very silent and does not want to talk even just a single word. But instead, he closed his eyes and tries to sleep as the driver starts the engine of their car. He and his father sits mannerly with distance apart from each other. They both act like strangers. Siwon doesn't want to talk first at all, in other words, he is not interested. While closing his eyes, he put his headphone over his head and is listening solemnly. 
His father spoke clearly, "What can you say about the business?" But obviously he didn't heard his father's question to him. And still he he did not respond. His father looked at him and found him with headphone attached over his head. He fell out a bit insult the way his son acted towards him. So he reached his hand over his son's headphone and put it down harshly. Siwon agitated but still acted like nothing happened between his father.
"Don't you know what you did was insulting?"
"It won't happen again."
"Well, you should."
 
          And it seems his father finds no interest to ask that question to him once more to his son. Even his son doesn't feel curious on why his father suddenly did that to him. They both show no affection at each other. That is why no doubt why Siwon is truly sensitive and always takes his pride.
 
       As they arrive to their one of the biggest companies in Thailand, they both step out of the car and paced together along the track but with no attentions at each other as if they are not like real father and son. They hastily walked through until they reached the fifth floor where the meeting had finally started. Most of the very important personnel have attended their meeting by the reason is that the son of their president is finally join the industry. He sat beside his father and is trying to catch their attention that he is not seriously fascinated about the business.
"Mr. Den Choi, it is an honor for us that the future president is here." the Department Head Officer gladly stated to Siwon's father.
"My pleasure, Mr. Arom. Essentially, he is excited to run the business as my replacement, right, Siwon?" he turned to his son with a smile in disguise. Siwon is sort if hesitating, manifestly, this is not his dream. It is just a someone' dream for him. As his respond, he just nodded his head although he knew it is just a lie.
"What are your points-of-view then, Mr. Siwon Choi about the business?" the Chairman with glasses queried him in a sudden. Siwon startled and don't know what to say back. His mind is already full of his dreams and plans.
"Erm... About that---"
"And what are your expectations in handling this sort of business?" the other personnel butted out.
"Is there any suggestions you want to add, Mr. Choi?" the other one asked beside him.
 
        A sudden state of affairs resulted into consecutive questions that Siwon still didn't answered. He is panting, but it's not on his actions. He is sweating, but they are seem invisible. He wants to utter just once, but he is numb. Profoundly he was nervous. He closed his eyes and lowered his head as if he was thinking that everybody is ready to listen to his answers. He make a sigh. Everybody is waiting as well as hi father, but with a dismayed expression. The young lad is already run out of options. To their surprise, he dragged his chair backward, erected from his seat, and evaporated, making his muted steps without looking back through outside.
 
      The personnel all cracked around with their own feedback towards Siwon Choi, while his father looses his temper and followed his son outside, clenching his finger onto his palms. He found Siwon then,   leaning his back on the wall with his head lowered down and a distinct problematic reaction. 
"Siwon!" a raised voice from his father called him. He was alarmed and moved rapidly off the wall. He saw his father, drawing near to him with madness on his face and glaring eyes. Siwon thought to himself that another nag from him will he hear one more time.
"Why did you do such things like that? You embarrassed me in front of my people!"  Siwon didn't respond, because he knew that his father is not yet done.
"I gave you a book to read for you to answer their questions! But I didn't hear any of them from your mouth!" added his father.
He raised his head and faced his father, "I burned the book. Presuming that it is boring." confidently and without fear he answered back. His father gets even more outrage as he could almost slap his own son, Siwon. And fortunately, he suppress himself not to do it by the reason that, no matter what Siwon do, he is still his son. He put his hand down with an evanescent anger.
"You uncivilized person! How dare you disobey me?! I couldn't believe that you are my son."
 
       Since from then, Siwon already expected that his father will going to say those words to him. Anyhow, his heart has been moved, that is why he feels hurt. He holds his tears not to show, but he stared his father with loneliness in his eyes. 
"In my part, I don't know why you're my father. You gave me things that I don't need. You didn't hear my cries. You always made decisions for me 'till I have none left."
"What are those words mean? Are you trying to threaten me?"
But he didn't replied, he continue on what he have started, "I am not your servant. I am not your slave. I am not your follower. I am your son. I have freedom as well. But you locked me up inside a cage until I don't know how to flip my wings. You didn't care about me, right? I must say, don't count me in as one of your puppets." Siwon's voice were waving and slowly he got rheum in his eyes. His father rooted silently and speechless. Quiescence in the atmosphere makes Siwon left him alone.
 
        For almost ten years had passed, Siwon finally expressed his feelings he kept for a long time ago towards his father. Feelings that he always carry since he was a little, and it's a burden for him most of the time. And now that it is done, he feels that he can breath so easily without any hindrances. He never thought again on what will he suppose to do father he disobey his father. As long as he feels that there is freedom for him and for his dreams, he is contented.
 
         From the instant he arrived home, he directly went his room and make a call to his cousin, Jao. He didn't care what might his father will do to him, all that he matters now is that he finally made up his mind. He is going to conquer his dream at Kirin art School in Seoul, Korea.
"Jao."
"Oh! Siwon, so what's up?"
"Prepare your passport and your things. We'll going to South Korea by tomorrow." announced he.
"Really? Are you sure about that? How about your father?"
"He didn't treat me like his own son, so it's alright for him."
"What?!"
"Are you going to prepare or not?"
"A--Alright. I'll prepare now." stuttered Jao.
"Okay. I'll just call you. See you tomorrow."
 
       Jao hung his phone while Siwon dialed a number again to seek some airlines with an available flight to South Korea by tomorrow. He is full of hope and with perseverance in his heart that he can reach his dreams someday. His search is over, finally. And he don't care whether the first class is still available or not, all he needs is to get out of his father's cage right away. And to stand on his own, even if he already knows that life is not easy, especially when chasing your dreams. So at last, their flight of schedule for tomorrow to South Korea is settled. He packed his things and documents and didn't make any signs out of his mother--- nor to his father.
 
        By early in the morning, he woke up on his bed and fixed it for it his last use inside his room. There were a bit of sadness, but he must go on. This is his opportunity and the only chance that he have been waiting for.  He tip-toed on every move he made--- until he make it to the gate. Siwon stopped for a moment and stared his house in just a second.
"I have to go. You take care of my father and to my mother, understand? Make them happy, not like me."
 
        These were the words he dropped before he left. Somehow you can see how strongly Siwon holds his beliefs, because no matter how complicated the situation is--- he will prevail them all and will win his own battle. After he embraces that moment, he trotted through his course and left.