Farewell For A New Life

Rose and The Fire

◈  Last Chapter  

At the same time, all the sight went blurry, disappear into white and black smokes and the familiar darkness enveloped him again. He closed his eyes, felt his body became so light and shortly afterwards, his skin sense the softness of cotton. He knows he has returned to Gimlé and lay down on the bed in the tree house. He opened his eyes, and the first view is his guardian who sat at the bedside with her original form. Her face looks really pretty without the cuts anymore. Her scary red eyes now turned to beautiful light brown orbs. Her red hair falls over her big red wings. She looks glowing now, not dull like the first time he saw her. He pleased to see her.

The room illuminated by dim light from the fire lanterns that Jangmi made, he looking above to the clear roof, the moonlight shining so bright. Nighttime has arrived in Gimlé. And this is his last time to see the moon in that place. He turned his eyes back to his guardian.

“You’ve recovered now. You’re ready to go back to the world.” Jangmi said quietly. She cannot hide the sad look that written on her face. Chanyeol got up and inhaled the fresh wood fragrance as much as he could. He’s indeed feeling better than ever. He feels like he could run hundred miles, eating pounds of beef, even skydiving from Exosphere. He feels the strength effect from the healing absorb his body.

He was so ready to going back to the world, but he felt a tug on his heart that wants him to stay and lingering in this place. He knows he can’t do that. He also knows this is a farewell to Jangmi and Gimlé because after this, she will erase his memories and make him never remembered anything that happened when he was in coma. He would wake up with a new memory, as if he never met Jangmi or come to Gimlé. The problem now is how to make himself in the world could accept that he should be with Jangmi’s inner because otherwise, she would become weak if separated with her inner for too long.

“Jangmi, before you send me back to the world, I want to talk to you,” He said nervously. She raised her head, looked at his face. Her eyes met with his.

“Go ahead.” She allowed. Chanyeol take a deep breath and close his eyes momentarily, braced himself to talk to her for the last time.

“I’m so thankful that you’re my guardian, Jangmi. I really am. Despite of your carelessness to protect me, I’m still grateful you take the responsibility to fix your mistakes. Maybe I’m not too careful to take care of myself and always gave you a hard time to look after me. A while ago when I’m in the dimension, I met with your inner, she explained everything when I feel the anger inside me, knowing you cannot save me and heartrending my family. But she told me that you’re suffering too, then I realized I was too selfish to think about myself only.” said Chanyeol with choked voice.

Her eyes fell on the ground, tears formed in the corner of his eyes. She wants to spend more time with him, talking about many things that she could never say when she was his guardian in the world. He has made her experience the feeling he had never felt before. The feeling of loved by someone.

“I must confess that I was eavesdropping on your conversation with Soohyun. I am really sorry about what happened. I don’t have the slightest idea about it. I’ve made you have another hardship and what makes me extremely get pissed is the fact that I couldn’t do anything to fix my mistake ‘cause I know that you will erased my memories before send me back to the world. Your inner tells it all. I just wish that if I had gone back into the world later, I could accept the situation that your inner will come into my life and I have to stay with her so you could stay close with your inner that you may not become weak because she’s separate from your body.” He continued.

His expression filled with deep remorse for made her having another hard time because of his act. It’s very painful to see her so sadly to think about what will happen with herself in the world without him noticed her anymore. Before he knowing, tears already well up in his eyes. He turned his head didn’t want her to see him cry. He quickly wiped his tears and back to face her again.

“I’m ready to go back to the world, Jangmi.” He sighed and forced a smile. He stands up and Jangmi gave him space to stand in front of her.

“I just wondering if is there’s a way for me to feel your presence in the world later,” He said, could no longer hold back the tears to fall.

She held his hands and squeezed them gently. Her head bowed down and tears also fall from her eyes. “I was wondering the same thing, Chanyeol. And...” She paused, wiped her tears and swallowed hard.

“Thank you for giving me experienced a new feeling that I had not felt before in my life. Your kiss makes me feel loved, even if it becomes a problem in the end, but I am quite happy ever spent time with you...” She smiled sincerely. The smile Chanyeol loves so much. and too bad it shown to him for the last time.

“Goodbye now, Jangmi. Although this is not possible, I hope I can still remember you...” He move closer, kissed her forehead softly and closed his eyes.

She relished his kiss, if only she could feel it as often as possible.

When his lips disconnected with her skin, she spread her red wings, and red rose petals scattered out from it. Her hands his head slowly that emit bluish light in the placed she . She moved her hands away, pull out the glowing threads from his head to erase his memories. It was her first time she did it, and she hopes she does it right. She learned this when she was trained to be a guardian, but she never had the guts to erase someone’s memories. But now, she had to erase her own subject’s memories.

The glowing threads were vanished as soon as it detached from his head. Chanyeol gasped, feeling like something out from his brain. He wants to hold his head because it hurts, but he can’t do anything, his body become stiff as if someone took control of it. His chest tightened, breathing becomes heavy. Seconds later, gusts of cold hit his body. It was very refreshing. He felt her wings wrapped his body tightly. A shining light surrounding them and Jangmi took him back to the world. His eyes indeed closed, but he can still see himself in the sphere of lights and vaguely see the view of his body lying on hospital bed. He’s like floating down towards the world and when he was close enough to see the view clearly, suddenly the darkness enveloped him. He felt déjàvu, knowing the familiar darkness that he always felt before.

He opened his eyes slowly, but to felt his eyelids were heavy. He forced them to blink and opened properly. He inhaled the air deeply, filling his lungs. The medicine smell slightly fills his nostrils that attached with oxygen mask. He then recognizes that was the hospital smell. He turned to his right and saw many medical machines surround him, and on the left was the bag of transfusion liquid hanging. He tried to move his hands and legs that were stiff because he was in comatose for a while.

Chanyeol heard a footsteps getting closer to him and saw Baekhyun walking to him while gulping the water bottle. His eyes widened in shock to see his best friend opened his eyes for the first time in the past three weeks in comatose.

“C-Chanyeol... y-you...” Baekhyun can’t speak properly because of the shock. Hurriedly he walked closer to Chanyeol and pressed the button to call doctor and nurses.

“Ho-How long you’ve been awake?” His bulging eyes stares at Chanyeol intensely.

“Just... now.” Chanyeol said in hoarse voice. He didn’t know hearing his own voice after returned to the world causing a slight happiness for himself.

“How long... I’ve been in coma?” ask Chanyeol as he tried to rub the bandaged wound in his head. Its still hurts.

“Three weeks, I think...” Baekhyun murmurs, answering his best friend question.

Chanyeol let out a small chuckle, “So, three Gimlé nights equals to three weeks in the world? What a magical realm,” He muttered, quiet enough for Baekhyun to hear.

“Are you... feeling okay buddy?”

 

Soon, the doctor and nurses come in an instant to check on him. They give some neural response tests, taking several vital and internal organs check and asking about how his feelings. All tests results indicates he’s fine, he also shows good response and told them he feels so strong and no pain lingering on his body anymore.

Chanyeol was discharge two days later after the doctor reads his final condition result and he shows significant recovery. Even the doctor amaze how can he could be miraculously survived from that critically coma and just fine when he was woke up, just like nothing ever happened to him.

The management company gave Chanyeol a week to fully recover before going back to work. They held a press conference to give some statement and information regarding Chanyeol’s recent condition. During the whole recovery weeks, Chanyeol rest in the dorm, mostly spending time alone because all members is busy to perform from one place to another. They are big stars after all.

But something is bugging Chanyeol from the very first he opened his eyes. He remembers everything that happened when he was in coma. He remembers about Jangmi. He remembers about Gimlé. He also remembered that he was supposed to forget about that and live in new memories. He began wondering how can he didn’t forget. But then he thoughts that it was the better way to take the responsibility to find Jangmi’s inner. He secretly happy to know that Jangmi won’t have to suffer to stay close with her inner because he will found her for the sake of Jangmi.

His friends in EXO were curiously asking about what happened when he was in coma. He told them everything, literally everything including about he supposed to find Jangmi’s inner as soon as possible. He told them the names of their guardian one by one. Some of them didn’t believe him and just assume that it was only a piece of dreams.

“Seriously, no food in this world could make you full by just one bite, Chanyeol. It’s wasting food, we will be punished if we do that. And if serving food is easy as what that Jangmi girl did, we wouldn’t have to work so hard like what we did all this time. Believe me, it’s only a dream. I’ve read many stories about someone’s experience when they’re in coma.” Kris says, the one with rational mind.

“Yeah, it may be true. Your brain was damaged, Chanyeol. It’s possible for you to imagine something when you were sleeping for a long time. It was the drug that heals you and makes you feels stronger. And... many other reasons to explain the story about uhm... what you called dimensions. Psychologist would know that better. Maybe its side effects for a people who ever in coma.” Chen speaks, the second with rational mind too.

“For me... it was nonsense you have substitute souls sharing with a guardian. Fire-maker is only our concept. You have to back to the real world, Chanyeol. Don’t get too carried away to that supernatural realm.” Suho was the last rational minded who spoke.

Chanyeol sighs. He stands up and walks to the front of the members who gathers in the dorm’s living room. He took off his sweater and started to rub the palms of his hands. “Guys, I guess you might want to see this to believe my story.”

Chanyeol convince them by showing his fire-maker ability, the same way when he shows his super ability for the first time to Jangmi. Eleven EXO members immediately convinced and amazed by how Chanyeol make the concept became real. He closed his fist and the flame vanished. They even try to touch his palm to check if it’s hot or not. Their expectations are right indeed, they can feel his palm burning hot, but only Chanyeol didn’t feel it. They’re astonished.

“I don’t bluff. My story is real. I just don’t understand why I still remember everything when I supposed to forget all of that. I have to find explanation for this and the only thing I can get that is to find her inner.” Chanyeol said.

“We’ll help you, hyung.” The maknae Sehun speak up, followed by nods from all of his hyungs.

“But please, don’t tell anyone about this. It’s only secret between the twelve of us. I trust you all. If someone else knows about my super ability, my life would be in danger.” Chanyeol warned. The reason why they want to help supported by their curiosity because of Chanyeol’s words who told them how beautiful she is.

A week after he has fully recovered, Chanyeol back to work as an Idol. Many fans anticipate for his comeback and want to see their Idol’s face again. After the incident, Chanyeol were invited by many TV station to talk about the accident and what was he feels when in comatose. He gladly accept their invitation and willingly to tell his story. But he created another story for public. Only the EXO members and his sister know about Jangmi and Guardians World. He want to keep that secret only for people he trusts and want to believe that kind of things.

One day after done his work earlier, Chanyeol and other eleven members get some fresh air to relieve their stress and fatigue at Han River side. Some of them were playing basket and the others were going around riding bicycle, Chanyeol was one of them. He hasn’t found a way to find Jangmi’s inner, but he feels she was closer day by day. He wants to find her quickly so that Jangmi could get her strength.

“Chanyeol,” D.O called, he riding his bicycle next to him.

“I was wondering... the inner, is she a human or still a supernatural creature?”

“According to the dimension, she said that she lives as a human, and she is in human form when I met her. Why did you ask this?”

“Can you describe her? In a specific detail? Maybe we could find her faster if we have a clue about what she look like.”

“She has short hair, about shoulder length in brown color. She is petite, looks fragile. Her eyes black and wide—just like you. Her skin was white pale. I feel her presence became closer day by day, but I cannot found her anywhere. I’m worried to Jangmi if I can’t found her inner quickly.” Chanyeol describing while imagine her figure when they meet at the hospital. D.O nod, save an image of the girl Chanyeol described to his mind.

The bicycle team back to the basketball court where the other team were resting at the audience bench at the side of the court. Not long after, they went back to their dorm. It’s already midnight by the time they returned to the dorm. But they surprised by the presence of a girl at the front door of the dorm, was sitting while hugging her legs with two large suitcases along beside her.

“Excuse me...who... are you?” Asked Suho carefully. The girl raise her head and looking at him. Her eyes look tired at first but suddenly bulging when she saw bunch of good-looking boys standing around her.

“Oh, sorry for surprise you guys. Don’t worry, I’m not stalker or crazy fangirl of yours. I’m here because I feel Chanyeol is here.” The girl said. At the same time, Chanyeol came the last after park his bicycle and found the members gathered in front of the door.

“Hey, what’s going on? Why did you—” He halted when he saw the girl stand up.

“Ah, Chanyeol! We meet again, finally!” She says happily.

Shock expression immediately plastered on his face, and before he knowing, he shouted, “Inner!” with disbelief tone but sounds happy.

The other boys let out a loud gasp, starting to walk closer to the girl to see her better and satisfying their curiosity about that supernatural girl they looking for this past days.

“She’s the inner?! Unbelievable... she’s so damn pretty...” Xiumin who usually quiet, now cried out looking at the most beautiful girl he ever meet.

“How pretty...” Some of them whispered. The effect spreads to other members too, apparently.

She smiles and nod, appreciate their compliment. “Hello subjects—Uh... I mean... guys! Yes, I am Jangmi’s inner who transform into human because of this person,” She throw her gaze to Chanyeol. The latter just scratch the back of his neck shyly.

“My human name is Ahreum by the way.” She continued, showing her pretty smile and waving her hand to the boys, causing the admiring face from them. Chanyeol was the one who crash their thoughts about her by faking clear his throat and standing in front of her, blocked their view.

“How... did you find me?” Asked Chanyeol. Before Ahreum could answer, the door opened by their manager. His head peek out over the door and slightly surprise to see a girl standing in front of the door.

“Oh, you’ve arrived, Ahreum-sshi. Come in, and you too guys. I’ll introduce you to our new stylist, Miss Ahreum. She applied to our company to become the new EXO stylists. She’s too pretty to become one, right? Ah, she also told me she knows you, Chanyeol. She had no place to live since she was from far away, so I invite her to live here temporary because I thought she’s close to Chanyeol until we found her a place to live. Is that okay for you guys?”

“OKAY!”

“Definitely okay!”

They answer too quickly. Too happy to heard the good news in the middle of tiring night. The drained energy they felt earlier seems boost up again. All of the members entered the dorm with wide grins plastered on their face and hurriedly go to their own room to clean up the mess, in case Ahreum would use one of the rooms.

Chanyeol was not exceptional. He grinned ear to ear and looked at Ahreum for quite long. She mirrored his act. He stayed to hear some explanation from her.

“For how did I found you, I follow your scent with the help from Soohyun. He gave me a spell, I didn’t know what it is, but it makes me feel you better. I can sense Jangmi’s presence, where you must’ve been there too. Maybe that’s why fate took me to apply for the job. If only you could see Jangmi right now, she’s jumping like a school girl.” She laughed.

“I wish I could see her right now, Ahreum. I really wish. I really miss her.” He muttered.

“I know you must be wondering why you didn’t forget Jangmi. For your information, she cannot erase your memories. Because she is loved now. By you. It was the first time in history a guardian loved by the subject. In short words, love cannot be erased. And I will be the substitute of the new memories you should’ve had.” Chanyeol tilt his head, his brows knit in confusion. He wants to ask her, but it can wait. He had a lot of time to ask her later.

“Jangmi is saying something for you.” Ahreum take out a pen and a piece of paper and write Jangmi’s message. She stared at it after she finished writing and smiles. She handed the paper to Chanyeol and walk in to the dorm, leaving Chanyeol who smiling shyly when reading the message. He knows Jangmi watch him, so he nods.

“I will, Jangmi. I will...” He said, took one last look to the message.

 


“Love my inner for me. May she could fill your new memories…”


 

THE END—
◈◈◈




​Finally finished!!! Yeaaay~

Actually this chapter is quite long, but I cut some scenes of the story and this is the final. 

I don't want to make sequel on this story, let it be like this. Hehe~

Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote please~ 

Thank you all readers, silent readers or not, I'm still grateful if you read this story. 

But give me feedback to this story would be great ^^