New Feeling

Rose and The Fire
◈  Chapter Three 

 

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” He heard Jangmi voice and little relieved because he’s back. He opened his eyes and felt exhausted. The singing fairies still there. He said stop and ask the fairies to go home. Jangmi gave him water while the fairies sprinkle a bit of pixie dust into the water as a blessing before they gone and he drank it down. He felt light, but the exhausted has not gone.

“More?” She asked carefully when he placed the glass on the desk.

“No, it’s okay.” He leaned his head to the headboard and put his arm on his forehead.

“Are you okay?” She moved closer to him.

“I’m exhausted. How long I’ve been healed?” He asked, still in his previous state, calming himself.

“Two Gimlé nights. You must be hungry. You want me to make you something?”

“Yes, I want— Jangmi??” He stopped when he opened his eyes and saw his guardian has changed.

“What? You want me?” She looked at him confused.

“No, I mean... your cuts... and dress...” He pointed her face and her body. She was exactly like what he saw in the past dimension. Several cuts from her face were gone, leaving only on her nose and the corner of her lips. In addition, her dress was not faded anymore, it becomes a pretty bright red dress.

“I’ve been forgiven by healing you these two Gimlé nights. You saw me there, in your past dimension. I’m going to get to my original form after you are fully recovered and ready to go back to the world.” She smiled. The smile he likes.

“What do you want to eat? I’ll make it for you.” She offered.

“Mandu Ddeok Guk (Dumpling and Rice Cake Soup) would be good, but I don’t want you make it with magic, just prepare the ingredients, and we can make it together.” He said. She blinked, never in her life she cooked. She could easily find the ingredients and served the food magically. She didn’t know how to cook.

“But... didn’t you say you were exhausted?” She tried to find an excuse so that Chanyeol would rest and forget to make her cook.

“Not anymore, after seeing you.” She blushed. Never expected her subject would say that. Now she’s the one who forget momentarily that she cannot cook.

“You want to go down? I will prepare it for you.” She said shyly. He nodded with genuine smile on his face when saw his guardian blushed.

Jangmi wrapped her hands around him and teleported them to the ground.

“Whoa, that was awesome! If only Jongin could see what had just happened, he must be envy me,” He amazed, made a mental note to be used to Jangmi’s ability.

“Ah... Namu’s subject. He’s nice and innocent.” She said.

“What? Tree (Namu) what?” He was wondering what relation between Jongin and a tree.

“That boy, Jongin... his guardian name is Namu.” She explained.

“Ha! You guardians really use plants name into your names? Wow. Tell me all of their name and subject, I’m sure it will be fascinating like the fairies name,” His eyes perked up in expectation.

“You’re so excited about names, Chanyeol.” She commented. “Well, our name is given by the Highness since we’re created. Moreover, it has indicated from what we created. So, Junmyeon guardian is Cheongsu (Clear Water), Jongin guardian is Namu (Tree), Baekhyun guardian is Gonggi (Air), Sehun guardian is Beotkkot (Cherry Blossom), Kyungsoo guardian is Nancho (Orchid), Luhan guardian is Bitmul (Rain Water), Jongdae guardian is Meonji (Dust), Minseok guardian is Supul (Wood), Yifan guardian is Saenggang (Ginger), Yixing guardian is Myeoni (Cotton) and Tao guardian is Gureum (Cloud).” She explained while preparing the ingredients.

“So you were created from a rose?” He asked.

“Exactly.”

“I had to memorize their names, then. So I can tell the members about their guardians.” He laughed mischievously.

She surprised with his statement. She turned and looked at Chanyeol. She want to tell him that it was useless, but seeing him so happy make her discourage to tell that things. ‘Later, when he’s ready.’

“So, what will you do to these ingredients?” She said, looking at the table full of today’s menu raw materials.

“We’re going to cook, of course.” He stated, start to roll up his sleeves.

“I can’t… cook.” She finally confessed.

“Don’t be kidding Jangmi, you fed me delicious foods two times already.” He began to mix some ingredients to make dumplings filling.

“I did it with my guardian ability. I can’t do this with manual way.” Her sentences make him stop on what he was doing. He put the utensils down then looked at her.

“Are you sure? Tell me, how can you make such delicious food with your ability, then?” He crossed his hands on his chest. He was curious about it all the time.

“I did it by imagine and make it real. That simple.” She said casually. Chanyeol blinked, not believing what he just heard. If only he can simply do that in the world.

“Ha-ha... no way. If humans had the ability like me, then they didn’t need money anymore to eat and live comfortably. Then what is the point they live without effort then? God is fair, Chanyeol-sshi.” She shook her head.

“Ah... yeah, you’re right Jangmi. Then now, I will teach you how humans put their effort to eat delicious food. From now on, don’t use any of your ability. If you are caught using it, I’ll flick your forehead. Understand?” He said like a master. She nodded. Seeing his happy face lifting her mood, somehow.

She was given the task to make the dumplings. However he teaches her, she still can’t make the perfect shape. She tried sneaking using her ability to make perfect dumplings. But Chanyeol caught her red handed and immediately flick her forehead. And it leaves a red mark on it.

“Aww! Hurts!” She scowled and glared at him.

“I said no ability used, Miss Red Guardian,” He pinch the tip of her nose and get back to his work.

“Let’s switch then! I will do the chop. I can’t make it without using my ability. Making dumplings is too hard for me. And stressful.” She gave up, throwing her hands up in the air.

“Deal. Chop the rice cake to coin sized. Don’t. Use. Ability.” He instructed. She nodded. But Chanyeol shocked when he saw her pull out a sword from her fist to chop the rice cakes.

“H-hey! What would you do to the rice cake with that sword?! You can do it with knife, though!” He amazed, slightly anticipating her next act.

“Just stay still and see what I can do. Without using ability, right? This is the standard way for me.” She brags.

She swung the sword and chopped all the rice cakes at once into coins sized, as if a machine chopped it. She did it less than a minute.

“See what can I do? I can be useful in certain times, I told you.” She scoffed. The sword vanished into glowing dust when she snapped her fingers.

Chanyeol watched it in awe. But he doesn’t want to lose. He suddenly thought of something that could make her amazed.

“I think I have ability too, Jangmi. Watch this.”

He walked up to the compiled logs for the fireplace. He raised his hand and feel the flame begin to spread on his palm then he snaps his hand toward the logs. Instantly, the fire emerged out of his palm and burned the compiled logs properly.

“See? I have magic things too.” He smiled cockily.

“Oh My Highness... it works...” She gasped, cannot believe he can functioned her power in his body.

He nodded proudly. “Thank you for giving your power into my body, Jangmi.”

She smiled happily, knowing that she was succeeding transferred some powers into his body. And seeing her smile made him couldn’t help the feeling for not kissing her. He cupped her face and quickly put his lips right on hers. Feeling her soft and warm lips in his. She froze in place, eyes widened to realize what just happened. The kiss was short, but it made Chanyeol felt having the whole happiness in the world.

“I’m so happy Jangmi, that you’re my guardian.” He gave her a wide grin. Then he walk away to pick up the pot into the fireplace.

‘This is so wrong... This shouldn’t happen... my inner...’ She thought in fear.

“Hey, are you planning to stand there all day? Come, help me stir the broth, I have to finish the dumplings!” He said, still with a wide grin that shows his beautiful teeth.

“O-okay... Right away!” 

◈◈◈



Ooh... Chanyeol is getting attached to his Guardian... and it's bad for Jangmi.

I wish i can get some feedback from you guys. You know the feeling when your hardwork is appreciated?

Comment please :)