The Truth

Rose and The Fire

◈  Chapter Four 

 

After spending their afternoon to cooking, they finally finished making the Mandu Ddeok Guk. Jangmi with her magic make wooden chairs and a table. They’re planning to eat at the riverside. She called all night glowing creatures to brighten their dinner place in a language that only her and the creatures would understands. That place never fails to amaze Chanyeol.

“I haven’t eaten this kind of food before.” She said, placing the pot on the table with her magic finger.

“What food you usually eat?” He stared at her curiously.

“Pixie’s food, fruits... sometimes the angels send us their homemade bread. It was veeeery tasty. But we are guardian is rarely eat. Keeping an eye to our subject is priority.” She took a seat across to Chanyeol and started to scoop a bowl of the soup.

“But, are you guys not hungry then?” He handed the spoon and chopstick to her.

“Not really. We have power to make our self not feeling too hungry. Or, we could eat pixie waffle. Hunger is bearable for us.” She received the food utensils from him.

“Hmm... you have to try this, then. Food that made from manual cook can also delicious as the one you gave me with magic.” He smiled, ushered her to try the soup.

Jangmi spooned the soup and popped into . She savored the taste and nodded slowly. “Hmm... this is good! I don’t know you can cook this deliciously!” She squealed excited.

“Yah, you always watch me from time to time and still didn’t know I have this ability? It makes me sad,” He pouts playfully. But she didn’t pay any attention to him and just focused to eat the soup. His pout pulled up to a smile. He’s happy enough to see her like this. She finished her bowl before Chanyeol and smile widely at him, show her grateful for him made her the dinner.

“Jangmi, may I ask you something?” He asked with hesitation.

“Anything,” She nodded.

“What was the creature that had attacked me when I was lost?”

She sighed before answering, “It was Ammit, the soul-eater spirits. She is the mortal enemy of the guardians. She can appear anytime anywhere, she can also trap human into heretical world. She was obsessed looking for a subject that was being heal, because the guardian must have implanted some powers into the soul. In your case, I share my core soul with you so you can protect yourself. Since she couldn’t eat guardian souls directly, your soul is powerful to her and she desperately wanted it. She comes from ancient times and had lived thousands years ago. I wish you never meet her again the future.”

“I wish that too. She was awfully creepy.” He shuddered.

“I saw you in your original form in the dimension. What happened with you in the past?” He caught a glimpse of her sad look.

“I... I was punished, you know...” She inhaled a deep breath then exhaled it.

“Actually this is my second time being punished. Last time when I caused you bleeding in the head by my late action to save you when you were child, I was thrown into the darkest jungle in Gimlé. When it happened, you never realized that your time in the world had stopped because no guardian was watching you. Being late for saving such a pure subject and caused injure was the biggest and unforgivable mistakes. My wings, my inner, my light were taken. I was the same as myself yesterday back then. I look horrible and scary. I tried to use the remnants of my strength to you when you were child, to heal you. But it was useless. I thought I have no hope anymore to be your guardian, but then an angel come down to me after hundred years of miserable times and gave me one last chance to get back to the world to become your guardian, but with one condition, I have to sacrifice myself and fixed my mistakes in the past. That was when you saw me in faded state, saving the boy.” Chanyeol nodded now that he fully understood what has happened in the dimension.

She continued, “But I did mistake for the second time two days ago, and The Highness was furious and didn’t want to give me a chance anymore, and I’m being The Unforgiveable. It can only be revoke if I could heal the subject’s soul, and the last forgiveness will be given. But it has a price to pay. They give me one condition and I have agreed to it and they will give me back what I lost and return me to my original form after you’re ready to go back to the world,”

“And what was the condition you agreed to?” He asked in serious tone.

“Uhh... For that... I am afraid I cannot tell you, Chanyeol-sshi. This is my agreement with The Highness.” She smiled apologetically.

“What happened with you if you failed to heal me and can’t take me back to the world?”

She was surprised to hear that kind of question. She gulped her saliva nervously. “T-They said... the failed Guardian will become... a mortal and live as unknown mortal until... death took them.”

“Is that Guardians fear the most?”

“Yes. They said, died as unknown mortal is extremely painful.”

“Then what happened to the dead unknown mortal?”

“They disappear and forgotten.”

“Hmm... it sounds nonsense to me,” Chanyeol now had finished his dinner and drink the water.

“What do you mean?” She frowned.

He placed the glass on the table and wiped his mouth before answering, “How could they know it will be painful died as unknown mortal if the one who experienced it has disappear and forgotten? Were they shouting ‘Oh, damn! This is really painful dead as unknown mortal!’ when they were dying? Wasn’t no one would know if there are unknown mortal? Nonsense, right?” His explanation sounds reasonable, though.

“Don’t fear with anything that you’ve never experienced or never witnessed with your own eyes just because you heard it from someone else, Jangmi. But if that sounds harmful, you had better avoid those things. Everything’s will be alright,” He advised. There is a short silence while Jangmi absorb Chanyeol’s words.

“Thank you Chanyeol-sshi. Your words really gave me strength,” She smiled. She straight up and swung her hands magically then all the chairs, table, pot, bowls, utensils and everything in the dinner place disappeared and left no traces of their dinner.

“You have to rest, tomorrow is the last day of your healing period. And maybe you will go back to the world soon.” She said. She walked to the glowing creature and bow to them to show her grateful for brighten the place. Then they’re gone back to their original place in the woods.

When she turned back to Chanyeol, he was looking at the ground. She caught his sad look. She tried to read his minds.

‘I have to get back to the world, where I belong, but what if I want to live here with you, Jangmi? What will happen to us?’

She gasped quietly, doesn’t want him to hear. She frowned and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself. He should have told the truth, but now is not the right time.

“Chanyeol, we should go back to the tree house, is getting cold here. Come,” She tap his shoulder and walked towards the tree.

Chanyeol jolted from his thoughts and followed her. He grabbed one hanging roots and slowly lift up. He strode inside the tree house and saw Jangmi brought him a glass of water.

“Drink this. It will help you to recover your energy.” She said.

Somehow, he knows that the drink has chanted. He wanted to refuse, but she would know his plan by reading his mind.

“Thank you.” He smiled. He pretended to drink a little and pretend to asleep.

“Good night Chanyeol. I will be out for a moment to ask for advice from a friend to explain everything to you, later.” She muttered to herself while tucked him inside the blanket.

When he felt Jangmi’s present is no longer in the tree house, he opened his eyes then got up and sneaked out. He saw her sitting on the riverside alone with her side faced him, but the foliage blocking his view. He should go down some tree branches to see it more clearly. Right after he got the right place, he saw a bright light coming to her and transform into male form. He didn’t know what creature the male was. He didn’t have wings, so Chanyeol presume the male is not an angel or guardian.

“Soohyun, thank you for coming to my call,” Jangmi said.

“No problem. I’ve heard the story about the accident happened to your subject. Your friends told me that you’ve been sent here again because of that. You must be had a hard time to have to call me” The male replied.

“Not really, I just don’t know what to do, it’s like I’ve been abandoned by Fortune Guardian. My life is full of misfortune.” Her eyes fell to the ground with worried.

“Tell me, Jangmi.” He took a seat beside her, ready to hear her problems.

“I won’t get my inner back. My subject kissed me, with feeling. My inner stayed in the world now and became a mortal, Soohyun.” She folded her leg closer to her chest and hugged them.

Chanyeol gasped to hear that news. So, if subject kissed the guardian―with feelings, then their inner will be apart and become mortal? He really had no idea about that. He caused more trouble to her. He bit his lower lips while continued listening to their conversation.

“But you’re not going to die, right?” He asked.

“No, but he had to find my inner because I must stay close to her when I’m back to the world with him. I am getting weak if my inner and I apart. But in the world he was a celebrity, you know... it would be a biggest fuss if he found my inner and stay with her. It will be difficult for him to live. How do I tell him about this?” She looked frustrated.

“Just tell him, what’s the problem? I believe he will understand and find an excuse to protect your inner for your sake.” Soohyun said.

“It won’t be easy, Soohyun…” She hesitated to tell everything to him. But she had no choice, she needs advice.

“Why? Were you having agreement with The Highness?” Jangmi nodded. Soohyun released a deep sigh look at her with pity.

“Soohyun, I don’t know... he might have fallen for me... this is so wrong, I can’t let this happen. After him return to the world, he would never remember this place and forget everything that has ever happened. However I explain it to him, he would not remember anything after he lived again. How can I tell him to look for my inner and stayed with her? He cannot see me in the world. And if I separating with my inner for a long time, my strength will fade and if something happens to Chanyeol and I can’t save him again, I will be thrown into the darkest forest for the second time and I don’t want that. Enough for me to live miserable for hundred years there, I don’t want to be in that place anymore, Soohyun.” She cried. Soohyun wiped her tears.

Seeing that scene makes Chanyeol unhappy. Jangmi is his guardian and he didn’t like another male touch her. But because of her tears were caused by him, he swallow his ego and let Soohyun helped her.

“Does your inner still have your ability?” He asked.

“Yes, but not powerful as I had.”

“Then you can tell her to find your subject. She will find a way to become someone who can stay close to him without making people suspicious. Especially his fans.” He advised. She raised her brows confused.

“But his fans will be furious if they know he’s getting close to a girl, Soohyun. Besides, I gave him half of my power while I heal him, so I can’t leave his side or I will become weak.”

“Oh Lord, this problem is getting serious,” He muttered.

“No matter what, he must take the responsibility too, Jangmi. He kissed you and made you lost your inner. It became mortal and he must think what to do!” He shouted. His body glow white because of anger. “Too bad he won’t remember anything…”

“A-actually it’s my fault, Soohyun. I didn’t tell him everything. He didn’t know about the kissing thing.” She bent her head to her knees and started to cry again.

“Sorry I snapped at you, Jangmi. I just don’t understand why a really nice Guardian like you has to get through problems like this, as if The Highness and The Angels abandoned you.”

“Don’t talk like that, my friend. They were kind enough to give me another chance to be a Guardian. I’m too clumsy to be a great Guardian.”

“Don’t blame yourself too much, Jangmi. All I could say now, after you and he went back to the world, you have to need some powers to leave Chanyeol while he sleep and find your inner. You can tell her to find Chanyeol, no matter what. Since he could not remember anything and you cannot speak to him in the world, this is the only effective way I could think of. I know one angel friend who can lend you the power. He stayed in the world, too. I will ask his help when he visits my star later.” He said.

“Do you think it will work?” She still sobs.

“I hope it will, Jangmi. Believe me.” He smiled assuring.

“Thanks for your advice, Soohyun. I’m happy that you’re my friend who best at giving advice.” She wiped her tears then smiled.

“Anytime, Jangmi. I will be here if you need me. Don’t cry anymore, with this appearance you look scarier if you cry. Now you have the way to solved it, right?”

“Yeah, thanks to you.” She hugged him and they bid goodbye. Soohyun transform into a bright light then disappear.

 

 

Chanyeol froze in his spot and absorb to resuming what was just he heard. So he caused a big problem to her and now she had a hard time to explain to him. Now that he already knew, he felt bad but didn’t know how to react. It sounds dreadful to hear her story. He regretted to kiss her and cursed his feelings. She even make an agreement to erase his memories, she must be agree to it because she didn’t expect that she would be apart from her inner because he kissed her.

He felt very guilty and don’t know what he should do. He just wished that the plans Soohyun made could run smoothly and he in the world later, will be able to accept what would happen to him. Even though he knows, it was impossible.

He climbed back to the tree house and drank the water she gave earlier. He needs energy to do the healing tomorrow. And he should apologize to her later.

 

◈◈◈



Soohyun here is Kim Soohyun who came from the star. Haha. 

He just came in my mind for the role of Jangmi's friend who always giving wise advice.

His character just match with the story, I think.

Double updates again, my dear readers. Hope you enjoy :)

And comment please~