a day in the life

the wandering (baby daddy au)

 

a day in the life
kris/chanyeol
slice of life, slight drama, baby daddy au / pg13 / oneshot
“Laugh it out,” he said, referring to Yixing, “Come on, no need to be shy China boy.” and then glared at Yifan silently demanding an explanation why he was alone in a room with his ex-boyfriend.
 
 
i named this verse baby daddy au lol so unoriginal. this verse will remain here and will not be cross posted on my lj
 
 

 
 
Chanyeol glanced at his wrist watch and heaved out a sigh. Ten minutes, he was told, but it was now nearing twelve minutes and the bedroom door had yet to open. Tapping his foot impatiently on the floor, he shouted, “Sehun, baby, come on! Da–“
 
The bedroom door finally opened and out came a sour-faced six year old marching towards him. “I’m done!”
 
“What’s with that face?” he asked, amused at his son’s behaviour.
 
“I was just trying to look good for daddy!” the little boy reasoned out with a stomp of his foot, face still scrunched up and while he was trying to show his father that he was unimpressed at him, Chanyeol found his expression rather adorable.
 
Chanyeol tried his hardest to keep a straight face. “I know, and you do.” A smile graced his lips as he watched Sehun keep on fidgeting with the hem of his new shirt. “You look so good, baby. I’m sure daddy would love your surprise.”
 
That seemed to do the trick as Sehun’s face visibly brightened. It was almost too cute how the mere mention of his other father always, always cheered him up in an instant.
 
“Really, papa? I practiced so hard.”
 
He nodded. “Yes, really. Luhan hyung said you’re like a pro now.” he said, grinning and then grabbed the small snapback that was hanging on the coat rack and put it on Sehun’s head.
 
As they headed towards the coffee shop he owned, Chanyeol could not help but think how lucky he was and how perfect their life was. Well, almost, if not for a few problems here and there but that was absolutely normal. Other than that, things were always peachy at the Wu household.
 
Things were far from good at the start. His son would have had a broken family if he did not trust his gut feeling four years ago to take Sehun to China when he asked about his other father. It had taken him a week of weighing the pros and cons of introducing the then two year old to his father through his homeland before he gave in to the request. What he did not expect, though, was the said father showing up while they were taking a stroll at the park. It seemed like fate did want them to end up complete and a happy family after all. That, he was eternally grateful for.
 
“Yifan’s in the staff room.” said Yoochun when he bumped into him on his way to the kitchen in hopes of finding his lover. Sehun had skipped towards Luhan as soon as they arrived for a last minute practice. “By the way, mom wanted to give little Sehun a gift. It’s in the staff room.”
 
“Right, thanks.” he replied with a smile. “What’s he doing in there?”
 
Yoochun shrugged. “I dunno. But he’s talking to some guy inside. Can’t understand though because they were blabbing in a language I can’t even comprehend.”
 
“You mean Chinese?”
 
“Probably.” he said and then left to wipe some tables.
 
Mostly likely, he thought, because that was the only other language Yifan knew how to speak that Yoochun didn’t. Over the years, the two have grown close and sometimes they would team up against him and converse in English in front of him just to spite him knowing that he barely knew the language.
 
 
 
 
 
He would have appreciated it if his cousin told him who exactly Yifan’s visitor was because bursting inside the room, gaping in surprise and promptly walking into the lockers with a loud bang was very unattractive. Although on a positive note, it brought laughter to his lover, but that’s besides the point. Beside Yifan was Yixing who looked like he was trying so hard to stifle his laughter.
 
“Laugh it out,” he said, referring to Yixing, “Come on, no need to be shy China boy.” and then glared at Yifan silently demanding an explanation why he was alone in a room with his ex-boyfriend. You did not even bother to tell me about it, his glare said and the message got through because Yifan visibly cowered.
 
“Well,” Yifan said after clearing his throat (and regaining his composure). “Yixing is here for a reason.”
 
“Oh no he’s pregnant with your kid too.” he deadpanned.
 
There were some things he needed to do and one was to stop being immature and another one was to at least try to listen to their explanation. But then, Yixing’s presence was making it hard for him to do so. No one could really blame him if he felt threatened by the latter’s mere presence. He managed to take Yifan from Yixing and he knew he could steal him back if he wanted to. Now he could only hope that nothing of that sort would cross Yixing’s mind.
 
“Be nice,” Yifan reprimanded lightly. “Yixing’s dance class, you know, the one he’s teaching, has a fundraising concert this weekend and he wanted us to watch.”
 
“Well, no I didn’t know about his class because you never told me but okay, if it’s for a cause then we should definitely go.” Chanyeol, if anything, surprised himself with his reply. He was ready to retort with something sarcastic but the angel in him refrained him from doing so. He would have probably embarrassed himself or worse, it would have ensued a fight between him and Yifan. “I didn’t know you were still in contact though.” he muttered, trying not to sound and feel betrayed.
 
Yixing smiled and answered, “We aren’t, exactly. This is the first time I’ve ever visited him after the break up. You could say that I’m quite desperate for help.” he chuckled. “And besides, we broke up in good terms so I don’t see any reason why we can’t be friends.”
 
“Am I not a good reason?”
 
“Don’t misunderstand.” said Yifan with a sigh.
 
“If it makes you feel better, I have a girlfriend.”
 
Chanyeol blinked. “What? Don’t you like guys?”
 
Yixing chuckled lightly. “Yes, but I happen to like girls as well and I like this one a lot.”
 
Somehow, after breathing an audible sigh of relief, Chanyeol felt that Yixing could be his best friend.
 
 
 
 
 
“Daddy!”
 
Sehun barged in the staff room without warning whatsoever that Yifan pushed Chanyeol off his lap in surprise, the latter falling on the floor ungracefully. Yifan cursed and then cursed again upon realizing that he swore in front of his innocent son. His slip up didn’t go unnoticed as Chanyeol hit him on the arm after helping himself up. “That hurt.” he hissed, but reached out to wipe Chanyeol’s spit slick and bruised lips with his thumb.
 
The briefly neglected little boy stomped his foot on the floor, a frown slowly decorating his small face. “Daddy!” he whined.
 
He chuckled and patted Sehun on the cheek. “What is it, baby?”
 
“I have a surprise for you!” He faked a gasp and tried to scoop Sehun in his arms but the boy resisted saying that he was a big boy and should not be carried anymore. Although a little sad that his son was growing up so fast, he cannot help but be amused at how convinced Sehun was that he was not a kid anymore.
 
“Okay then,” he said and let Chanyeol push him back down the couch. His lover occupied the space beside him and both waited for their mini me to reveal his surprise. He knew Chanyeol was aware of the surprise but he was not going to ruin it by asking.
 
A smile graced his lips as Sehun cleared his throat and raised both hands over his head to form a heart and grinned. “Daddy, wo ai ni.”
 
He waited for what was coming next but there seemed to be nothing else. “Oh,” he muttered, blinking quite rapidly. “That’s it?” Sehun nodded and he ignored Chanyeol smothering a laugh with a hand. He cleared his throat and grinned. “Ah! My baby knows Chinese. And daddy loves you too.”
 
This time, Sehun did not protest when he pulled him to sit on his lap, wrapping an arm around his middle. “Luhan hyung taught me.” Sehun said with so much enthusiasm that he practically bounced on his spot in Yifan’s lap. “Papa said Luhan hyung said I’m a pro now!”
 
Chanyeol avoided his eyes when he tried to make eye contact with him. He grinned, pulling the proud boy in a tight hug. “Why yes you are. Luhan hyung’s right, you are such a pro. You speak Chinese better than I do.”
 
“That’s because I’m special.” Sehun said with a grin, his eyes sparkling in happiness and pride.
 
“Because you’re special,” he said. “How does a sleepover at Uncle Yoochun’s place sound?”
 
He shot Chanyeol questioning look but the latter just smirked at him that almost made him shiver. He wasn’t so sure if he wanted to know what was on his mind. Chanyeol smiled in triumph when Sehun nodded almost enthusiastically. The little boy had always liked Yoochun because he had a big and furry dog which he loved to play with. “Daddy I want a dog and I’m going to name him Pinku pinku!”
 
“What was that all about?” he asked as soon as Sehun ran out of the room to tell his Uncle Yoochun about staying over the night.
 
“You see, I have this cockraising concert and since it’s for a really good cause, I was hoping you could come and watch, if you get what I mean.”
 
Yifan scoffed, “You are so vile.” but stood up to lock the door anyway. Chanyeol grinned.