Results

Reversing Introvert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 – Results

The eve of the Laboum Music Show arrived faster than the blink of an eye and before anyone realized it, show time was merely right around the corner. The previous days were all a blur as everyone put every ounce of their concentration and energy into perfecting their performances. But there were definitely quite a few moments that stood out in Solbin's mind; after the confession between her and Yujeong, the two were closer than ever.

Although their relationship wasn't announced officially to everyone just yet due to all the hectic preparations for the Laboum Music Show, it didn’t mean they couldn't still have their moments. Yujeong was definitely the more romantic one in the relationship as she brought Solbin to all the secret sights on the camp grounds where they had their little dates and spent their time getting to know one another even better. Even though there wasn't much time left, they were still making the most out of every second.

At the moment Petit Macaron, Pitter Pat, and Red Velvet were seated on the stage after their final practice for the day. Yujeong and Sojin stood before the group of girls ready to go over the procedures of the show once more before the big day while Soyeon apparently had business to attend to in the main cabin.

"Okay, since Soyeon is still a bit busy at the moment, Yujeong and I will give you all one last pep talk before tomorrow," said Sojin.

Yujeong nodded, "We just wanted to tell you all that each and every one of you have worked very hard. You've all done exceptionally well at this camp and we couldn't have been happier to guide you along on this whole experience."

"It has been great getting to know all of you girls and we hope that you have liked the camp and have made plenty of new friends. We realize that the main event is tomorrow and we hope that tomorrow will be a success, and even though there can be only one winner, the experience altogether was definitely worth it right?" added on Sojin with a smile.

All the girls let out a small cheer as they agreed with the counselor, well almost all of them. Jinye only scoffed, "Everything is going to go down the drain if we end up being the losers, tomorrow everyone better be stepping up their game, especially the Pitter Pat cabin. I want to win and none of you better mess it up."

The others gave Jinye wary side looks as the girl took the attention with a satisfied upturn of her nose.

"Jinye, that's not the type of attitude you should be bringing to the stage, this is a friendly competition it's not about winning or losing. The Laboum Music Show is mainly for giving everyone the experience of performing together and showing their newly developed skills to an audience," chided Yujeong, finding Jinye's remark quite unsettling.

"What's the point in that? Only the best gets recognition so why would anyone want second place? Although I don't really have much competition here anyways, and our weakest link may be Jiae, but even she can do better than your cabin - especially better than Solbin," sneered Jinye.

Solbin looked down at her hands in shame when her name was called out, despite knowing that Jinye was saying these things to make her seem more superior over everyone else. Solbin couldn't help but take it to heart, and she felt hurt. Yulhee and Haein immediately noticed the sudden change in Solbin and were about to retaliate but Yujeong surprisingly beat them to it.

Yujeong has really reached her limit with Jinye's demeaning comments; she had thought that Soyeon would have been able to get through the stubborn girl but clearly that wasn't the case. "Solbin has been doing just fine, she's improved greatly and giving her all in the practices. You have been warned more than once already Jinye, you are supposed to keep your behavior in check and be respectful towards all other campers."

Jinye glowered at Yujeong, unhappy with being rebuked in front of everyone. This did not bode well for Jinye's short temper, "I am doing perfectly fine. Just because you can't seem to take what I'm saying well doesn't mean anything. I'm simply saying what's true; is it supposed to be my problem that you can't seem to have a cabin of any worthwhile competition? Maybe you should consider improving your counseling."

Everyone was deathly silent as Jinye's words hung in the air. No one dared to speak. They were shocked that Jinye had the audacity to even insult a counselor.

But one voice did gain the courage to speak up, "You're wrong…"

Jinye snapped her head over in the direction of the feeble voice, "Oh really? We're going to go through this again Solbin? Didn't you learn anything last time?"

Solbin swallowed thickly as the memory played back in her mind, but she knew this was something she had to do; she's had enough of Jinye's bullying and she's not going to just sit here and let the other talk down on Yujeong. The older girl had stood up for her so many times already, and now it's going to be Solbin's turn to return the favor. So she mustered up as much courage as she could and looked straight at Jinye, "…Yujeong is a great counselor and everybody in the cabin will prove you wrong."

Jinye lets out a bitter disbelieving laugh, not even fazed by Solbin's words, "Please, I'd like to see you try. You and your cabin will get nowhere in this competition. You can even thank your counselor for going too easy on you all while I've been making sure everyone in my cabin has been pulling their weight."

"What you're doing isn't making everyone pull their weight, you're just bullying them," replied Solbin, her voice growing steadier. "You're doing all of this so that you can have the attention focused on yourself. You're probably the most insecure one of all, so you show off in order to make yourself seem better."

"Now you're just talking nonsense," snapped Jinye, finding Solbin's words irritating. How dare someone as weak as Solbin dare to question her; Jinye wants to put the girl back in her place. Jinye stood up and walked towards Solbin, looking down at the girl who flinched, "You're going to regret saying all of that, you-"

"Bae Jinye," called out a familiar voice from the audience area.

Everyone turned their attention to the voice and saw none other than Soyeon standing there with a piece of paper in her hand. Solbin felt a bit relieved that the attention was diverted away from her, and she caught Yujeong beaming at her.

Seeing as she caught everyone's notice, Soyeon continued: "Please come down from the stage. You are coming with me to the main cabin so that we may discuss the details of your expulsion from this camp."

"What?!" exclaimed Jinye, her eyes widening in shock.

"You heard me; even after being placed on probation and warned to mind all other campers you not only continued to disregard your warnings, but you also took it a step further and even endangered a fellow counselor by switching the cord labels on the lights," explained Soyeon calmly.

Jinye's expression quickly changed from shocked to outra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter