A Past Comeback

Reversing Introvert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 – A Past Comeback

Solbin, never having been a heavy sleeper in the first place, was easily stirred to consciousness when she heard a sudden squeak in the cabin and saw a small beam of light flash in the corner of the room. Curiosity getting the better of her, Solbin sat up to see Yujeong sitting on her bed and cowering underneath a blanket that was securely wrapped around her.

Confused as to why the counselor was yet to have fallen asleep and was shining a flashlight about, Solbin slid her feet to the floor and was about to stand up to approach Yujeong when the floor creaked, eliciting another squeak from the counselor.

Yujeong immediately directed her flashlight to the sound, nearly blinding Solbin in the process.

"Solbin! What are you doing up?" whispered Yujeong as she shined the flash light in the younger's face. 

"What about you?" asked Solbin just as quietly as she shielded her eyes from the light.

Yujeong noticed and quickly flicked the light to the corner of the cabin instead, "Sorry! I'm still freaked out about the night walk and those creatures flying out after us…"

Solbin nodded in understanding. Personally she had just brushed it off since she knew she was already in the safety of the cabin but she supposed that Yujeong was easily frightened and it was difficult for her to do the same.

Despite the darkness, Yujeong saw Solbin's nod, and she bit her lip in contemplation wondering if she should ask the question on the tip of her tongue. After a moment's silence the words just slipped from Yujeong's lips, "Do you want to come with me for a little walk outside? I'm too afraid to go alone and I'm too nervous to go to sleep…"

Solbin blinked in surprise as Yujeong's words finally sunk in and she nodded again, "Okay…"

There was nothing wrong with simply accompanying Yujeong on a little night walk since the older was clearly still jumpy. Aside from that, it wasn't like Solbin was feeling sleepy at the moment. In all honesty Solbin was actually happy with being asked to take a walk with the older; she really liked Yujeong although she didn't really know how much that affection really extended to, but she was willing to go along with what she had then.

 

The night was slightly chilly but it wasn't anything that a light jacket couldn’t fix. The two walked side by side along the lake close by their cabin, Yujeong holding on to the flashlight and shining it in front of their path so they could see where they were going.

The older was the first to initiate the conversation as she pouted, "I'm such a coward… I can't believe I'm still freaked out over the whole night walk."

"It's okay," replied Solbin quietly, not really sure on how to comfort the older.

Yujeong shook her head as she waved her hands about slightly, "No, it's not because I'm supposed to be the counselor in charge and I should be looking out for all of you but I turned tail and ran like a chicken!"

The way that the older was jumping about and pouting had Solbin thinking of the cute bunnies she had seen beside the trail earlier on their previous walk, 'cute… really cute…'

"But we all ran too," replied Solbin trying her best to console the older, she never really was good at doing these things.

"I know but-" Yujeong stopped mid-sentence as the bush close by began rustling. "What's that?" Yujeong grabbed on to Solbin's hand in terror as the bushes began to shake again.

Solbin looked towards the source of the noise but before she could suggest to quickly get away from there, two small fluff balls emerged from the rustling bushes.

"Oh, bunnies…" noted Solbin as the furry animals tumbled out into view.

Yujeong took in a deep breath, "Oh my gawd, it was just bunnies…"

"Bunnies are fluffy," commented Solbin as she watched one bounce away. Solbin took a few steps forward, ready to continue on the trail since there weren't any more scary problems but the hand holding hers prevented her from doing so; looking back she saw Yujeong still holding on to her hand with both of her own.

"Um… please… please don't let go of my hand okay?" asked Yujeong nervously as she gave Solbin a pleading look.

Solbin felt a light and warm sensation flutter in her chest as she looked at Yujeong's expression and there was nothing left to say but, "I won't."

Yujeong smiled gratefully at the younger and intertwined their fingers together tightly, "You're the best."

Heat began making its way towards Solbin's cheeks as she stuttered out a few incoherent words quietly.

Yujeong thought Solbin was trying to say "It's nothing…"

The older girl smiled again and pulled the younger with her to continue on their little walk.

"Thank you for coming along Solbin."

The younger regained some use of her words as she mumbled a quiet yet embarrassed, "You're welcome." Thank you for letting me come with you…

 

The day after that surprisingly peaceful night was a special event in Camp Laboum, the cabin mingling.

The members of Petit Macaron were all ushered into the main hall just like all the other cabin groups by their counselors.

"Okay, so today you will be interacting with all the others who are part of the camp as well. It's a good way to make friends and see all the groups that were formed, maybe exchange a few tips on performing or-"

"Get some phone numbers and head to that delightful little spot at the tree where all the really good action happens," interrupted a much too familiar voice for Yujeong's liking at the moment.

"Weren't you lost in the woods?" asked Yujeong almost exasperatedly with a raised eyebrow.

Soyeon laughed loudly, "Please~ I'll always come back to you and your kiddies Yujeong, you don't have to worry your pretty little head about that."

Soyeon patted Yujeong on the head as the latter gave a 'why do I know you and why are we friends?' look in return.

"You left your kids behind again didn't you?"

"Shhh, people might start thinking I'm not doing my job if you keep asking me that," shushed Soyeon quickly as she looked around checking to see if anyone heard Yujeong.

Completely ignoring the self proclaimed 'dignified' ert, Yujeong turned her attention back to her cabin, "Anyways, you are free to interact with everyone here so please have a good time and enjoy yourselves!"

"Yes! Enjoy yourselves to the very fullest, remember there's no better place than the great outdoors to finally just give in to those raging hormones," added Soyeon joyfully.

Yujeong sighed, "Must you in every time?"

" of course," replied Soyeon with a grin.

As the counselors bickered over their usual things, the rest of Petit Macaron slowly made their ways away from the two and began their excursion of the rowdy crowd that was beginning to form in the main hall. Eventually the members one by one got distracted and ventured off on their own, leaving behind Solbin, Haein, and Yulhee.

"Alright time for some interaction~ Who seems like they'll make a cute friend for Solbin?' wondered Haein as she looked around the crowd.

"Yes we can't let this opportunity escape us," said Yulhee as she joined her girlfriend in looking around.

"Um, I don't really think that's a good idea…" Solbin timidly stared at her feet as she played with her fingers nervously, she always disliked large amounts of people crowded like this it really made her want to give into her introverted ways and run to go hide somewhere.

"Nonsense, it'll be perfectly fine," waved off Haein as her eyes caught on to a particular cutie on the other side of the main hall, she pulled Yulhee over and pointed, "That one!"

Yulhee squealed as she caught sight of the girl Haein had her sights on, "Perfect for Solbin to make friends with! Let's get her!"

Solbin wasn't able to stop her two insane friends as they swiftly weaved their way through the crowd to retrieve whichever girl they were looking at while Solbin stood there wondering how the both of them were able to do that so quickly.

"How did-" Solbin bit her bottom lip as she realized she was now alone until Haein and Yulhee came back for her, 'What am I going to do? I want to go back to the cabin, I don't like doing this. Where's Yujeong?'

Just as Solbin turned around to make her way towards the exit before she began having a full blown panic attack, another body bumped into her, causing her to stumble slightly.

"I am so sorry!" said a deeper voice, most likely the person who bumped into her, "Ah, wow you're really cute…"

Solbin looked up, after catching her balance, in shock to see a boy around her age gawking at her.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about that I really didn't mean to suddenly bump into you. I can make it up to you later if you want? Just the two of us?" asked the boy with a shy smile gracing his features as he looked awkwardly towards the floor.

Solbin could feel the muscles in her  face begin to tense up again as all her words stuck in , she tried remembering what Yujeong told her in their lesson but her brain just couldn't bring anything to mind. Tongue tied and at a loss of what to do, Solbin felt her face contort into her scary expression once again.

Another boy who was most likely conversing with the first one took notice of the conversation and decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter