Burnt Out

Reversing Introvert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 – Burnt Out

"Sojin, have you talked to Jinye yet?" asks Yujeong as she picks up the day's activity schedule from the counselors' main cabin.

Her fellow counselor frowns, "I did but I'm not to sure how well my words got to her. Jinye sort of just brushed off the entire thing."

"Oh, I see…" Yujeong is slightly displeased with the news, she was hoping that Sojin would be able to get through to Jinye but the girl is apparently more stubborn than Yujeong thought, "Okay well hopefully Jinye will behave herself better when we have the choreography practice session today."

Sojin nods in agreement, "Yeah, if not it looks like she'll need to have a more serious talk and possible punishment if she takes things too far. Her behavior at the camp fire yesterday was highly inappropriate."

"Okay Sojin, I'll see you at the choreography cabin a little later after breakfast," Yujeong waves to Sojin one last time before she makes her way outside and back into the dining hall where the rest of the campers are eating their morning meals.

As she approaches her table with her still half asleep kids, her eyes automatically find themselves focused on Solbin who's mostly picking at her food rather than eating it. Yujeong finds that she is unable to resist the urge as she pats Solbin on the back gently, "Are you not hungry Solbin?"

Solbin jumps slightly in her seat and looks upwards at Yujeong with surprise evident on her face before she relaxes and replies with a soft, "Not really…"

Yujeong frowns again when she sees Solbin return her gaze to her food and poke at it, 'She must still be upset over what Jinye said…' but before Yujeong is able to say anything to cheer Solbin up, Hayoung calls out to her.

"Counselor Yujeong, what are the main activities for today?"

"Well since yesterday was the singing activity, today we will be focusing on dancing. We will be going to the choreography cabin and learning a few simple steps from popular girl group dances. Sounds like fun right?" Yujeong smiles at the members sitting at the table as they soak in the information.

"Cool! It'll be fun," grins Junghwa happily.

"We get to show off some of our moves," adds Hayoung excitedly.

Yeoreum however interrupts the joy at her table with a question, "Wait, will we have the choreography cabin to ourselves or…"

Yujeong bites her bottom lip as the entire table turns to look at her, "We'll be sharing with the Red Velvet cabin… and also with the Pitter Pat cabin again…"

Solbin freezes up at the name of the cabin as the others continue to stare at their counselor with uncertainty.

"It'll be okay this time though! Sojin has talked to Jinye so what happened at the camp fire shouldn't happen again," says Yujeong quickly trying to console everyone.

Everyone merely exchanges glances but accepts their counselor's words.

"Nothing will get that chick to calm herself. I swear if she badmouths Solbin or anyone else again, she's gonna find herself at the bottom of the lake," mutters Yulhee under her breath quickly.

"It'll be okay…" says Haein in attempt to calm her girlfriend before glancing at Solbin who's turned pale again. She throws her arm around her friend, "No worries Solbin, we'll make sure to watch out for you."

Solbin nods but still feels her stomach becoming queasy just at the thought of having to see Jinye again, 'I have Haein and Yulhee with me… Will this really turn out okay?'

Yujeong senses Solbin's distress about the situation and places a comforting hand on her shoulder as well, "I'll be there so don't worry Solbin."

The worry in Solbin's chest starts to ebb a little as she hears Yujeong's reassuring voice and looks up into her kind smile and Solbin finds herself believing those words.

'Maybe things will be fine with Yujeong there too…'

 

After cleaning up from breakfast, Yujeong leads the entire Petit Macaron table to the choreography cabin. As they enter they quickly take notice of the other two cabins that are already beginning their stretches and warm-up routines.

"Hey, come on in you guys," greeted Sojin with a wide smile as Soyeon waved happily.

As Yujeong approached the two other counselors in the room, the rest of Petit Macaron joined the other girls in their warm-up.

Solbin did all that she could to avoid looking anywhere near Jinye's area by staring at her feet but that didn't last long as Haein and Yulhee nudged her sides.

"Look, Jiae's wavng to us," pointed out Haein as she and Yulhee waved enthusiastically back.

Tilting her head up, Solbin lifted her hand to return the greeting but Jinye walked up to Jiae with a disgruntled expression and pulled the other girl's hand down.

"Will you stop doing that and get back to stretching?!"

Jiae frowned but reluctantly did as she was told since she didn't want to enrage Jinye any further. Satisfied with Jiae following her orders, Jinye turned towards Yulhee, Haein, and Solbin, giving them a once over before scrunching her face up in blatant dislike and walking away.

Solbin hid behind Haein as best as she could to stay out of Jinye's sight; she didn't want to deal with any more bullying as her scarred childhood was enough.

However annoyance ignited within Yulhee as she gritted her teeth, " How dare she! Why that little-"

"Yulhee! Wait, don't start anything!" Haein grabbed Yulhee around the waist to prevent her girlfriend from marching right up to Jinye and beating the crud out of her.

Fortunately though the counselors decided it was finally time to start their choreography practice.

"Okay! I bet you're all excited to practice some dance moves!" announced Sojin as the girls quiet down, "We'll be teaching you all a few well known choreo moves like-"

"The Wiggle Wiggle dance by Hello Venus!" interrupted Soyeon as she hit the play button on the stereo, blasting the music as loud as possible before she began jumping right into the dance steps.

Yujeong let out a gasp as she quickly flipped the stereo off, "No way! Nope! We are not teaching these girls that!"

Soyeon whined, "Awwwww, come on it'll be amazing! All the butts galore! We'll really wow everyone who happens to walk in and see it!"

Yujeong shoots Soyeon a disapproving look, "No, we are probably going to get fired if we teach them that choreography."

"Ah when are you ever going to get over your prudish ways," sighs Soyeon disappointedly.

"What!? You're the ert!" replied Yujeong.

"Correction~ I'm a dignified one~" sang out Soyeon playfully.

Yujeong just sighs because she knows there's really no winning with her friend, "Sojin please tell the girls the real dance we'll be teaching them before I give in to the urge to throw Soyeon outside."

"Oooh feisty now aren't you Yujeong?" Soyeon grins at the twitch of irritation she sees in Yujeong's eyes.

But Sojin speaks up with a light laugh before any rebuttal can be made by Yujeong, "Sure, we'll be learning a new dance that's been pretty popular lately, Pit-A-Pat!"

A chorus of murmuring and excited whispers erupted around the room as the girls recognized the name of the dance.

"Glad you girls are eager to learn this dance! Let's get started shall we?" said Yujeong as she pushes a few buttons on the stereo to set the Pit-A-Pat song, "Sojin, Soyeon, and I will show you the basic dance steps first and then you'll all have a chance to try them out for yourselves. Afterwards when we all get the hang of the dance steps we'll all perform the dance from the beginning to the end."

It ends up taking them most of the afternoon as they go over step by step of the choreography, being sure to point out the specific points and major details of the dance moves to the girls. They spend their time correcting any mistakes they spot out and encouraging the girls to do their best, eventually after lunch and a few more hours of practice the counselors were able to say with confidence that the girls had the dance down pretty well and were ready to perform the dance from the beginning to the end.

Solbin begins to forget a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter