Drabble 6

The Kaisoo Thought Bubble
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Drabble 6

579 Words

 

 

 

“Give me your hand, hyung.”

 

Jongin took Kyungsoo’s hand and put it inside his jacket pocket, without letting go. Instead, he held on tighter.

 

“Warmer?” Jongin asked as he cherished the feel of a small cold palm. Even just for this short while.

“Thanks, Jonginnie,” Kyungsoo smiled. “It really helps.”

 

A snowflake caught on one of his lashes.

 

“Oh hyung, hold on.”

 

The tanned male extended his free hand to grab the lucky snowflake that landed on Kyungsoo’s beauty. He was stopped by another hand; bigger and fairer than his.

Sometimes Jongin thinks he could give Kyungsoo more warmth than this hand ever could. But well, Jongin didn’t want to hurt anyone. Kyungsoo would find out on his own anyway, right?

 

“Hey Jongin,” greeted the owner of the hand. “I’ll take care of it.”

“Yeah…”

 

Jongin’s hand returned to his side, as Kyungsoo’s hand left his jacket pocket. Chanyeol removed the snowflake.

 

“You are such a possessive dweeb.”

“But you love me.”

“I apologize for him, Jonginnie.”

“Nah, it’s all good.” I would have done the same thing if you were mine.

 

“So you’re done buying your sweater, Yeol?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yeah babe. I got you something too,” Chanyeol replied with a toothy grin.

 

Chanyeol handed Kyungsoo a paper bag, and told him to open it. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him, smiling the kind of smile Jongin could only dream of receiving. It was completely different compared to how Kyungsoo smiled at him earlier.

Kyungsoo opened the paper bag, and immediately squealed at the sight of Blue Pororo mittens. He jumped up and down as Chanyeol slipped his hands into the soft material.

“Hold still, Soo,” Chanyeol chuckled. “You better not be like this when I slip a ring on your finger.”

Jongin tensed. Kyungsoo blushed.

“I love them. Thank you,” Kyungsoo replied shyly, but was still hopping on one foot to the other because of excitement.

“There we go! Now your cute little hands will be warm even when I’m not holding them,” Chanyeol said as he leaned forward to claim a kiss.

Kyungsoo turned redder as he let his eyes close, smiling when a pair of lips  touch his.

 

Jongin clenched his fists. Kyungsoo was clueless about Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Jongin caught the two seeing each other for a while now, and it was obvious that Chanyeol was flirting. Kyungsoo deserved to know. Kyungsoo deserved to be able to confront Chanyeol. Kyungsoo deserved better.

But how could Jongin just… break Kyungsoo’s heart? Kyungsoo was so happy with Chanyeol. Jongin could never find it in himself to say anything bad about the giant. The last time someone brought up an old love affair Chanyeol had, Kyungsoo cried. He felt insecure, so little, and not enough. Chanyeol had to reassure him it was all over. It took three days before the small male was back to normal.

There was no way Jongin would bring up Baekhyun. There was no way he would hurt Kyungsoo. He… had to let Kyungsoo figure this out on his own… so he could be happy a little longer before everything falls apart.

 

All Jongin ever wanted was to have Kyungsoo for himself. Take care of him and treat him right. Maybe give Chanyeol a punch or two.

But now there were mittens on Kyungsoo’s hands, and he won’t need Jongin’s warmth anymore.

Jongin seemed to be just like the snowflake. Falling and falling harder for Kyungsoo, only to have Chanyeol brush him away.

 

 

 

Author's note:

I was in the car, it was traffic, wow is this angst, no snow in Philippines, might make a one-shot of this sometime in the future, idk, k bye~

 


CODED AND DESIGNED @ CLEAN EDGE LAYOUT REQUEST SHOP & GALLERY