Chapter 2

Fiancee of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A/N: based from the story "That girl of mine". this is gonna be a short story also. this part proofread by scribblingnonsense. ;))

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sungmin stared up at the tall, good looking stranger outside the door, wondering why he looked so familiar when he’s sure he’s never met him in his life. He was staring at him too, and for reason it made heat creep up his cheeks.He shook his head and  was just about to ask him what he wanted when his mother’s voice came from the hallway, curious as to what was taking him so long.

 

“Sungminnie!! Is that Kyu already?!” his mother called from the living room. Crap. Was I staring at him that much?!

 

Sungmin was about to shout that it was another guest at the door, but he froze when the young man at the door suddenly answered “Yes… I’m Kyuhyun”

 

Sungmin blinked at that. What did he say?

 

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun...my mother said I was going to stay here…I’m sorry if I’m late….”

 

Sungmin didn’t even realize he had already stepped aside for him to come in. His mind was numb and he was sure his face mirrored the confusion he currently felt.

 

Kyu….Kyuhyun? Is this my Kyu?...

 

But…

 

Why does he look like a boy…?

 

What?

 

He didn’t even got a chance to say something because the next moment his mother was running down from the hall to meet them! “Kyu!” she smiled happily. “I’m glad you made it safe!” she didn’t even seem fazed that she was facing a boy instead of a girl. “Sungminnie! This is Kyu! He’s your fiance!”

 

W-What?! She---She knew?! “Umma----” he tried to say something but she was already ushering the tall, dark haired man inside their house. “Don’t mind him, he’s just really thrilled to finally meet you…” Kyuhyun nodded politely, and Sungmin looked away when the man casted him a sideway glance.

 

Sungmin stood there stunned… This can’t be real...right?

 

“Sungminnie! Stop daydreaming and help Kyuhyunnie settle in your room!” His mother called,snapping him back to reality. Kyuhyun just stared at him “And behave okay, boys?” she chuckled “I’ll just be in the kitchen making a feast in celebration for Kyu’s arrival!” she pulled along Sungmin’s little sister, Luna along with her too, leaving the two boys alone in the hallway.

 

What are you even trying to imply., Umma?!

 

He sighed, mentally groaning...then he realized Kyuhyun was still staring at him. He cleared his throat, leaning to help with the bags the other brought with him. Explanations could wait later, he supposed. “Sorry about that, Umma can be a bit...weird sometimes...uh...nice to meet you...Kyu---erm...Kyuhyun--ssi”

 

“I don’t mind you calling me Kyu...or just Kyuhyun is okay” he said simply but Sungmin opted to ignore it as reality started sinking in his mind.  


 

So all this time… I thought I was really engaged to a girl...it must be just a joke between Umma and Aunt...Was I just foolish enough to take it to heart? Man that makes me feel stupid… He sighed, then again now that he thought about it...it would make sense after all if that was the case, his mother, while he knew she was the best he could ever ask for, had her quirks. “You’ll be sharing a room with me, is that alright?”

 

“I don’t really mind...If it’s not a bother...”

 

Sungmin shrugged “It’s fine...Umma insisted you stay with us, right?”

 

“What about you then?” he couldn’t meet his eyes at that. So Kyuhyun noticed his reluctance after all “You don’t look at all happy with me being here…”

 

“It’s not that…” he couldn't say it. How on earth was he supposed to say he was disappointed that his “Kyu” was actually a guy--taller than him no less--and that he felt stupid that he took the engagement thing seriously when it was obviously just a passing joke between their mothers. “I was just...surprised…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter