Chapter 14

Age Is No Issue.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri held Taeyeon's hand tightly in hers as they sat in the cab, making their way to Yuri's grandmother's house. She hasn't seen her grandmother in years and now she was going back only because she needed help. The thought of using her grandmother's power only when she was in desperate need of help made her feel guilty all of a sudden; she hasn't been a filial granddaughter for a long time. 

“Yul?” Taeyeon frowned and scooted closer to her girlfriend, “what’s wrong? You don’t look okay.”

“I… I just feel bad.”

Taeyeon nodded understandingly and pushed Yuri’s head closer to her, allowing Yuri to rest her head on her shoulder. She gently rubbed the back of Yuri’s palm with her thumb, mumbling soft words of comfort to her. She couldn't talk too much about family, especially since she had her parents but Yuri didn't anymore. She didn't want to say something wrong or Yuri might misunderstand her words or actions. 

Yuri finally sighed and wrapped one arm around Taeyeon's waist, hugging her tightly. “I love you. Thanks for following me back to my Halmeoni's house.” Yuri mumbled into Taeyeon’s shoulder and nuzzled her nose deeper into the latter’s neck; Taeyeon was her main source of strength at this point. 

“Actually, how did you find out it was your ex-boyfriend behind it all?”

“I heard him on the phone,” Taeyeon mumbled, trying to remember what exactly she heard that day, “he even said that he didn’t care what his partner did; the only person he wanted was me… that’s when I called him out.”

Yuri fumed once she heard that, unable to comprehend the idea of anyone coming for her girlfriend. She clenched her fist tightly and gritted her teeth to stop herself from ranting out; Taeyeon was not going to leave her anyway. Taeyeon had chosen to be with Yuri despite the and even put her own career at risk even though she could have chosen to stay away from her to pursue her career alone. 

Taeyeon had chosen her. 

“Don’t be jealous, baby. I wouldn’t leave you just because my ex is still hankering after me,” Taeyeon cupped Yuri’s cheek and leaned in to peck her nose, “I love you.”

“I love you too…”

 

Taeyeon might have felt fine and excited a while ago but now that the mansion was in sight, she felt herself tremble everywhere. She could literally feel the blood rushing to her head at the thought of meeting Yuri’s grandmother. She was meeting her as Yuri’s girlfriend and not some crazy fan who wanted a piece of Yuri’s inheritance… it was going to be even tougher to seem as if she was only wanting Yuri’s love and not a single bit of money.

No one would believe that. 

“Tae?” Yuri gently squeezed her girlfriend’s hand, “are you okay?”

“J-Just nervous.”

Yuri let out a genuine smile of amusement for the first time of the day, finding her girlfriend all too cute. She could feel Taeyeon’s hand becoming really sweaty; Taeyeon was clearly becoming too nervous for nothing. Yuri knew what her grandmother was like and she'll eventually relent once she observed Taeyeon's behaviour as well as her kind heart. Her grandmother was not an unreasonable person; she just wanted the best for her.

Stopping both Taeyeon and her own footsteps, Yuri turned to face Taeyeon as she took her hands into her own.

Taeyeon’s breath hitched when Yuri came closer to her. “Do you have that little confidence in yourself, Kim Taeyeon?” Yuri asked softly as she pressed her forehead against Taeyeon’s, wrapping one arm around Taeyeon’s waist. Taeyeon felt her cheeks warm at the close proximity between them; it was still a mystery as to how someone like Yuri could fall for someone like her.

“I… I’m scared.”

Yuri leaned even closer and landed her lips on Taeyeon’s soft ones, cupping the shorter woman’s cheeks to deepen the kiss effectively. She hummed softly, allowing Taeyeon to step on her shoes so the height difference wouldn’t be too big. Taeyeon tangled her fingers in Yuri’s hair, the other hand caressing the back of Yuri’s neck - she could always depend on Yuri to get rid of her anxiety.

Breaking the kiss to get some air, Taeyeon smiled against Yuri’s lips and pulled back to look at her charming girlfriend.

“I needed that.”

“I know.”

Taeyeon smacked Yuri’s arm and huffed, walking ahead of her cheeky girlfriend. She was not angry but Yuri needed to stop teasing her like that sometimes. Yuri simply chuckled at her cute teacher and jogged a few steps to catch up with Taeyeon, slipping her hand into Taeyeon's smaller and much cuter one. 

“HALMEONI!”

“MY PUPPY!”

Taeyeon clamped her hand over to muffle her giggle at the sound of someone calling Yuri a ‘puppy’ – it was even more adorable since her grandmother was the one who gave her the nickname. She made sure she wasn’t directly in sight because of her trembling limbs and because of the terrifying aura Yuri's grandmother had. Yuri was totally different from her relative, obviously.

Yuri broke the embrace she had with her grandmother and turned back to face Taeyeon, stretching her arm out. She furrowed her eyebrows at her nervous girlfriend and walked towards Taeyeon, practically pulling the older woman with her. Yuri squeezed her hand and stood in front of her grandmother, grinning foolishly at the sight of Taeyeon’s crooked, nervous grin.

“Halmeoni… this is Kim Taeyeon, my girl—”

“Teacher. I’m her teacher, Madam Kwon.”

Old Mrs Kwon noticed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter