Entry 24:

The Curse of Innamorata

“Emily, can I please see you?”

It was a Saturday that time; I had just woken up to a bad day. Mom was shouting at someone (which I had suspected was my dad). Everything was loud. My phone rang, quite loudly too, and woke the living hell out of me.

“Hello?”, I asked with my usual morning voice.

“Emily, can I please see you?”

It was Sehun.

“Of course! When? Where? Now? Okay.” I got off my bed, already on my way to my bathroom when I heard him chuckling.

“Woah, easy there. But yes, I’d like to see you today. 12 noon sharp, meet me at Starbucks in front of school, okay?”

“Okay, Sehun. Oh, and Sehun?”

“Yep?”

“Sorry.”

“We’ll talk about that later, okay?”


It turned out that Sehun still asked me out on a date.

I had my tongue burnt because of the coffee, and then he had told me he loved me.

No, this is not a joke. And for once I thought I was the masochist for not telling Luhan I liked him.

“B-but, Sehun, I-”

“Yes, I know. You love Luhan. I get it. And I know he loves you too, no, I knew he loves you too. I didn’t tell you because I was afraid to get hurt.”

He had done it. I gaped at him. I really didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know what to feel. I didn’t know he’s been feeling too much inside and he still chose not to tell me.

“I’m really sorry, Sehun. I appreciate your feelings, but I can’t. I can’t possibly go out with you. I’m sorry.” I stood up, wanting badly to take my leave but Sehun held my hand and looked at me as if I was his only hope.

“I love you, Em, I always have since the day I met you. I might be selfish to say this but I really hope that you’d find that you could love me, too.”

He let go and I actually felt cold.

“Sorry,Em. I-I got caught up.”

We didn’t speak to each other for a good two weeks after that.