Chapter One

Just A Dream

I walked around this strange place wondering where the hell I was. I wasn’t even sure what my name was. I was about to call out for Bon-Hwa when I saw a man walk out of a room to my right.

“Bon-Hwa?” I whispered but even I could barely hear my own voice.

“Oh you’re finally awake.” He smiled to me. I didn’t reply. “Meili?” He came closer to me. “Meili are you okay?” he asked me.

“Who are you?” I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

He looked hurt, “Yah! What do you mean who am I?” He asked, “I’m the guy you’re going to marry. How can you go and forget my face like that?”

“Since when? I don’t remember you.” I said.

“Meili-"

“Don’t call me that!” I snapped, “My name is Ai, Lu Ai.”

“No, no it’s not, it’s Zheng Meili and I’m Kim Jongdae and we’re going to be married soon."

"What?”

Jongdae looked worried. “I think something’s wrong.” He said.

“Okay then. Let’s go and see a doctor then.” I said. 

He nodded and was about to leave the room when I grabbed his arm and said “I have one question though.”

“What is it?”

“Where are my parents?”

He looked down sadly. “I’m sorry, they died yesterday in a car crash and you came home and cried yourself to sleep.”

“Oh, okay then.” I said sadly.

Jongdae smiled and said “Come on, cheer up Meili, you have me and if you keep them forever in your heart they will never ever leave.”

I was totally shocked at what he had just said.


He said the same thing that Bon-Hwa had said. Maybe he is Bon-Hwa…No, he can’t be… Oh my goodness. Am I going crazy? Was everything just a dream? I still feel sad though because my parents are still dead. But maybe–hopefully I can still get by.