Chapter Seven

Just A Dream

Jongdae

“Okay, thanks C.C, I’ll see you there soon, bye.” Liu said hanging up the phone.

She ran her hand through her hair and turned to me, “Can you give us a lift to Hangang Park? Mieko and I are going to meet up with the others there.”

I nodded my head and grabbed my keys, “Come on ladies, let’s get going. Katashi, Yixing, I’ll be back, we have a game of Mario Kart waiting for us and be prepared because I’m going to beat you so bad you won’t even know what’s going on.” I said taunting the guys.

“Okay, we’ll just see about that!” “Yeah, bring it on pretty boy!” they yelled at me as I walked out the door.
                                                                            -
The ride was kind of long and boring seeing as we kind of lived far from Hangang Park, according to Mieko they could not meet up anywhere else, they could have just gone to a pub or something, but anyway, this park was really awesome so I can see why they would want to go there.

“Well girls, don’t have too much fun without us guys, we still want to be a part of this.”

“We’ll try but we can’t make any promises there.” Mieko chuckled.

Mieko

We stood on the curb waving as Jongdae sped away. (Liu is right, he really is the best for Mei. I mean you have to admire the guy still loving her so much seeing as she doesn’t even remember him that well). When Jongdae’s car was no longer in sight we turned around to enter the park and I was immediately awed. This place looked so beautiful and we have not even stepped inside yet! It was so huge!

We were meeting the girls near the river. There were so many people there that it would have been impossible to find them if it was not for C.C’s bright red hair... or Mi-Cha jumping excitedly and waving us over to them. We went over and greeted them and sat down on a bench while Liu explained what we would all be doing.

Liu

“Okay, so here’s the plan, C.C, I know that you and your mom are really great at baking and cooking so I’m putting you guys in charge of the cake and catering. I was thinking that f or the cake could be blue, green and white with maybe swirls on it to represent waves because you know that she really loves the sea.”

“Sure, we’re on it and mum can do some traditional Korean food because, you know, that's her favourites.”

“Awesome, Hwayoung, I know that you are a dress making goddess so I need you to make the dresses, we’ll give you our measurements. Jongdae said the he has got Mei’s measurements. I don’t know how he got them and I don’t think I want to find out either. And by the way, don’t make her dress to fluffy or frilly; she hates that stuff on dresses. Also, I was thinking of her having a reception dress, I already have a design, here it is,” I say handing her a piece of paper with a short, lacy dress design on it, “you can tweak it or change it if you want to.”

“Okay, cool. I may need some help making all the dresses though.”

“We’ll all help you.” C.C said patting her on the back.

“Okay Mi-Cha, I need you to find and organise a place for the reception and Ae-Cha, I need you to do the same thing but with a church. It would be awesome if you could book places that are near to each other but if that isn’t possible then too bad. Sook-Bok, you and I are in charge of decorations, you’ll take the church and I’ll take the reception venue.”

“And what will Mieko do?” Sook-Bok asked.

“Mieko’s in charge of entertainment just wait until you hear this girl sing. Oh, and get your boyfriends in on it too, I want this to be the best day of her life.”
                                                                            -

For the next month and a half, Liu and her entourage ran around preparing everything while Jongdae kept Mei busy and completely clueless by taking her out to the movies, or to the park or out to dinner. Jongdae’s Halmeoni called them ‘The Wedding Ninjas’ and she was right, they could give David Tutera a serious run for his money.

Soon it was a week before the wedding and they had finished everything ahead of schedule which was not surprising; the wedding was on June 16th at a church in Seoul, the reception will be at a wedding hall not far from the church. The dresses looked stunning- no, fabulous- no, gorgeous, there are no words to describe them. C.C’s design for the cake looks great on paper but no one will see it until the day. Now all that was left to do was to tell Mei...