Fly On

Hands In The Dark

A.N: Hi, this is SuperBlue:) I'm happy to have had a chance to work on this project for a really wonderful person:) Although it's short, I hope you like it and it inspires you to can keep holding on as well:)

Paring: YunJae

Rating: G

Genre: Romance

Summary: Every dream has wings. With hope, we enable them to take flight.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

For as long as JaeJoong could remember, his heart and soul has been in the mystery of the sky. He has always wanted to know what's beyond the clouds and behind the sun and moon. So every night he'd draw a picture of what he thought the sky looked like at the end of the day, and stick it under his pillow. By the end of his second year in high school, he had over a hundred drawings, stories, music and poems just about the sky underneath his pillow. None of his friends understood his fascination, but they never questioned the boys unyielding obsession.

Years go by and JaeJoong is still obsessed with everything sky. Twenty-one and college freshman, he decides that it's his calling to become a singer. So he switches majors without permission from his parents, and enters the music department. He feels it's quite possibly the best decision he's ever made. He meets new people and makes life long friends that only add to his joy of being alive.

By the time graduation rolls around, JaeJoong is so full of aviator knowledge that he's practically itching out of his skin to get to flight school. He chooses a establishment in Germany. It's big, expensive and exciting all wrapped into one. He's not at all homesick as he wanders the halls, taking in the beauty of all the model plans on display. One afternoon before classes, he finds himself so caught in his findings, he doesn't even notice there's someone else sharing the hallway with him.

"My favorite is the Spade F. It was made in the year 1918 in France." JaeJoong's breath caught in his throat as words failed him. The man who spoke was more handsome than anyone he had ever met. Tall, gorgeously tan and muscled in the right places. His smile was incredible too, blinding JaeJoong momentarily. And if that wasn't enough, he was a countryman, speaking the language.

"I think they're all beautiful so I can't say I have a favorite." He ran a nervous hand through his hair and offered a small smile. The other man held out his hand, eyes glinting beautifully.

"I'm sure I'd be able to get you to pick one. My name is Jung Yunho, training director." The name suddenly appeared in his head as he remember seeing it on his schedule. He had his class starting tomorrow.

"Nice to meet you sir. My name is Kim JaeJoong." Yunho smiled and squeezed JaeJoong's hand a little tighter.

"Nice to meet you as well JaeJoong. I look forward to having you in my class." And that's all it takes to get JaeJoong to fall. For once, he was in love with something other than the sky.

It doesn't take long for Yunho to have the same feelings for JaeJoong; maybe he felt the same all along. But it's almost a year and a half into JaeJoong's schooling and he's itching to fly. One night when he and Yunho are laying in bed, he turns over and stares at the ceiling with wide eyes.

"What is like to be so high up off the ground?" Yunho racks his fingers through JaeJoong's progressively growing hair as he presses his lips to his forehead.

"If feels like your weightless. The world, people, trouble; none of that exists up there. Just you and the occasional bird." JaeJoong closed his eyes and imagines the very same thing. Nothing, but clouds and air. When he inhaled he could swear he could smell the outside.

"Since I was little, I've always wanted to fly. It's in my blood Yunho." He stretches his arms up from under the sheets making Yunho laugh.

"Three more months and you'll have your license, just be patient." Patience. JaeJoong has known about being patient since he was a little boy jumping from the tops of jungle gyms for the rush of being in the air. When he broke his arm the first time, his mother told him to be patient because the cast itched. When he broke his leg the same way she told him to be patient until he was old enough to get in a real airplane and fly. 

"Can I wait that long?" He was older now, and he was still waiting.

"Just hang on baby." Yunho hums him the sleep and he dreams of love, wind and wings until dawn breaks through the clouds.

It's raining, JaeJoong notes as he steps out of the apartment and down the streets. Everyone is running for cover, not prepared for the sudden downpour. JaeJoong just takes his time, eyes straight ahead smile covering his face. He's always loved the rain, because these were the best days to read and nap and dream.

Crossing the street, he has no idea that the car coming towards him is about to lose control and hit him. The last thing he thinks before pain washes is over him is he can't wait to take his picture for his license.

Months turn into a year with JaeJoong laying in a hospital bed, paralyzed from the waist down. Yunho wants to say he isn't upset, but he can't help it. JaeJoong has been so strong through all of this. Not crying when his graduation from flight school comes and goes and when Yunho has to bring the camera to him in order for him to take his license picture. Now it's just the right weather for his first flight, but although he's been strong, he feels weak.

"Should I still be patient?" Yunho stops peeling the apple and looks up.

"Do you still have your hope?" JaeJoong slowly smiles and nods.

"Never went anywhere." Hearing this, Yunho stands up and slowly lifts JaeJoong from the bed and places him down into his wheel chair. They sneak past the front desk and out the door to the parking lot. Yunho drives them to the hanger and JaeJoong nearly cries in excitement. It's a slow process, but they make their way to the first jet. Yunho straps him in and JaeJoong looks at the pit in amazement. It's beautiful and majestic in all the ways only JaeJoong would find them. With all the dials and buttons, he feels just like a child. Yunho slides in next to him, and puts a head set on both of them.

"You ready?" JaeJoong smiles and nods, too excited for words.  The plane rumbles to life in a matter of seconds and they're off. JaeJoong's heart soars into his throat and tears slide down his cheeks. No, he isn't the one in control, but this couldn't be more perfect. The clouds surround him and at this very moment, all he can think to be is grateful.

Thankful to God. Thankful to his family. Thankful to Yunho. Thankful for hope. Thankful for life.