SEHUN ¦ The Invitation

{OPEN} K-Shots (Scenarios and Reactions)

Waking up to find a golden envelope clutched inside her palms wasn’t exactly what Park Seohyun had expected. It was early morning and her window had been covered with tears from the sky. The birds were silent, not wanting to sing their songs of happiness anymore.

Opening the envelope carefully, not wanting to ruin the detailed decoration of the paper, her eyes widened at what she saw.

Are you scared of ghosts?

He’s waiting for you~

East Coast Manor.

East Coast Manor didn’t exist. She was pretty sure of that. It was a myth started a long time ago that East Coast Manor was home to a murdered boy, it couldn’t possibly exist. She sighed about to place the letter in the bin when she saw the other side of the golden paper.

At midnight look through a mirror and repeat the words: “I believe in ghosts.” Soon a pathway will open up for you which leads you to East Coast Manor. Someone there is waiting for you… He is lonely…

She shuddered at the shivers the note gave her. Not wanting to look at it anymore but realising it seemed pretty interesting she placed it into her pocket.

Throughout the whole day she had been thinking: Should I try it?

When it reached to only 1 minute till midnight, she walked towards the mirror. Looking at her reflection, she realised she had grown taller and also looked more feminine. Her legs were tall and she had curves in the right places. Her black hair had grown up to the middle of her back framing her small, pale face.

The bell ringed signalling midnight and she decided nothing bad can happen and it’s worth a try.

 “I believe in ghosts.”

Did she?

“I believe in ghosts.”

Is she lying to herself?

“I believe in ghosts.”

She didn’t know.

She waited for something to happen. Nothing happened. “This was a waste of time.” Turning around she failed to notice the static of the TV. Her eyes wandered looking for something to do when she thought she saw a figure of a boy a bit taller than her.

Her head rushed back to where the mysterious figure had been but everything was the same. Letting go of a breath she held she turned back. To her surprise the lights went off. Darkness trapped her in and a cold breeze made her shiver. She couldn’t make out anything. She felt something trickle on her back so she turned around. Horror filled her eyes as she tried to scream but it was impossible to since was frozen in fear.

Her legs helplessly trembled and her arms tried to find something to keep her legs balanced. She tried to run away but an invisible force was pulling her in. Slowly everything turned dark...

~

Wake up!

Seohyun felt as if someone was trying to wake her up so she let her heavy eyes open. She expected to be blinded by the morning light but when she looked up she realised she was inside a room she had never seen before, and outside it was night.

Wishing she had a watch to check the time, she slowly got up from the floor and tried to make her way around the dark room. Her hands roamed the walls hoping to find a light switch and soon enough she found one.

There was no furniture in the room but that didn’t take away the beauty it displayed. The walls were golden with paintings of traditional Korean events in mountains of colours. Her eyes wandered to the floor. They were made out of glass and she could see a room underneath her that seemed like a kitchen.

The golden chandelier complemented the room perfectly adding a touch of magic to the building. Seohyun let herself be mesmerized by the elegance of the room until a loud creak broke her trance.

Immediately, her body turned to the source of the noise to be met with the empty eyes of a boy. She gasped realising it was the same boy that she had seen before in her house. He had an unlined, fresh, baby-face which complemented the smile that was planted on him.

“Who are you?” She shouted coldly at him making him flinch. She regretted it immediately and so asked him again, this time much softer.

“Who are you?” She waited for him to reply but he just kept looking at her.

She walked closer. “Can you talk?” He shook his head.

“Do you live here?” He nodded. She smiled at him.

“Are- are you a ghost?” He nodded.

“Am I dreaming?” He nodded his head. I’m dreaming?

She remembered the words of the letter so she asked, “Are you lonely?” He nodded and she smiled at him again because he was really cute. To her surprise he grabbed her hand and she found herself in another room.

The room was painted with different bright colours and toys were placed everywhere. Sehun grabbed a blue teddy bear about the size of a guitar and pointed it towards her, mentally telling her to take it. Her pale hands picked it up from him, examining why he picked this bear and not all the other toys. At the front of the bear, there was the word ‘Sehun’ written on it.

“Is your name Sehun?” He nodded happily at her saying his name.

Her head started to feel heavy as she looked to see his worried face. “Sehun… I.. I feel weak…” He tried to hold her but she fell from his grasp into another world.

~

Once again her eyes opened, this time being blinded by the sunlight. She was on her bed and Sehun had disappeared. It was all a dream. Feeling disappointed she sighed. She really wanted to know Sehun and why she had dreamt of him. He had this warmth despite the emptiness inside him.

As she shifted on her bed she felt something soft. Her eyes widened when she saw the same blue teddy bear with Sehun written on it. She immediately grabbed it and a letter fell out. Her hands opened the letter.

Meet me again today?

Sehun~