Away

Broken

“Argh! Why can’t I go out?!”

“It’s not safe” Sunggyu replied calmly.

“You can’t keep me cooped up in here forever!” Gage waved her arms. “I’m not a little girl; I can take care of myself. I’ve survived this long haven’t I?”

“That’s not the point.” Gage couldn’t believe what was happening. All she needed to do was run a couple of errands but her brothers wouldn’t let her go.

Woohyun stepped in placing a hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder “You know, she’s pretty tall for a girl… What if she disguised herself as Myungsoo and took Hoya or Sungyeol with her?”

“Fine” Sunggyu turned to Gage “Hoya’s going with you and don’t talk to anyone but him and the store clerk.”

She rolled her eyes but Myungsoo covered before she had a chance to say anything and dragged her out of the room. “Don’t.”

“What?”

“You were going to get snarky.”

“Whatever.” They just stood there for a while until there was a knock on the door. “Is she ready yet?” “Just a moment” Myungsoo replied as he tossed Gage some clothes and one of his caps before leaving the room. She joined the two in the hall shortly after.

“Oh we have got to get a picture of this” Hoya pulled his phone out of his pocket.

“Is this really a good idea? What if it gets out?”

 “It won’t” he replied making the two stand next to each other.

“Can we go now?” Gage pressed.

--

Zico burst into the house; everyone was already in the living room aside from Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi. “Did you guys hear?”

 Jia took a spot on the floor “Something interesting happen?”

 Zico started playing with a fire ball “Only that the ‘Broken’ Gage is single handedly pissing off the Sun, one member at a time.”

“I thought Eunhyuk said they weren’t going to let her out for a while?” Eli said.

“He did” Zhou Mi’s voice sounded from the steps and Zico groaned “This is my story.” Zhou Mi gestured for him to go on.

 “She went out with Hoys, dressed up as Myungsoo. Would’ve fooled anyone except…”

“Heechul” Chanyeol breathed.

Zico nodded.

“He would’ve known just by looking at her, she wouldn’t even have had to say anything” Lay had a thoughtful look on his face.

“She charmed him didn’t she?” Minhyuk spoke up.

“Hey!” Zico threw a fire ball in his direction but it missed.

“Try not to burn the house down” Zhou Mi raised a brow.

“They would’ve fought; Chanyeol says she can fight well enough without needing to depend on her charms. And this time she would’ve used the charm to alter his memory to make him think he actually ran into Myungsoo and Hoya instead of Hoya and herself” Minhyuk continued.

“That’s pretty specific. She’s a wolf not a witch” Jia pointed out ignoring the fact that this was the most Minhyuk had spoken in days.

“May I?” Zhou Mi stepped forward and Minhyuk nodded. “If I understand correctly from the information Eunhyuk has shared with me in the past. Some brokens although it’s rare have other magic, kind of like pack magic but it’s for them alone. However pack magic can add some oomph making personal magic even stronger. There is no way of knowing just how powerful Gage is, Seeing as she’s only known around as the rogue that everyone thought was a guy. Nothing was ever mentioned about her being broken or that she even used charms.”

Eunhyuk walked in just having gotten off the phone. He looked up and paused midstep not having realized that everyone was right there. Some wolf huh? Even the best get distracted.

“Sunggyu?” Zhou Mi guessed.

“Dongwoo” Eunhyuk shook his head. “Sunggyu isn’t happy.”

“I’d imagine not.”

“So what’s Dongwoo have to say?” Chanyeol asked.

“Gage may be staying with us for a bit. Though nothing has been decided as of yet.”

--

“You just found me and now you’re thinking about sending me away?”

Sunggyu pinched the bridge of his nose. “You know I could always just leave the city.” She suggested.

“That’s not an option” he sighed. “I don’t want to and I never said I was sending you away. I’m just trying to think ahead of things” he sat next to Gage on the couch “If things continue this way and DooJoon catches wind, you might need to lay low over with the Lotus for a couple of days.” She opened and he shook his head “It’s just a precaution it’s not like you have to go now.”

SungJong bound in and joined them on the couch bumping her shoulder. “We wouldn’t let Sunggyu send you away just because.”

“Were you able to get what you needed today?” Woohun asked from the doorway a lopsided grin on his face.

Gage nodded “Lay added a couple of things that he thought might help if I mixed with food every day and the medicine I mix for after the full moon and stuff.”

“What about stuff for charms?” Sungyeol asked from the floor in from of them making Gage jump. “He does that” SungJong told her as he kicked as Sungyeol. She nodded answering the question and wished that he hadn’t brought the subject of charms up again. Too soon.