Try not to run

Broken

Gage woke the next morning with a handful of fur and a heavy weight on her belly. She smiled as she sat up. Vaguely remembering someone talking to her as she slept the night before. She took a guess as to who the tan wolf could be. “SungJong?” He her hand in response and whined a question of his own. “I’m alright’ she replied scratching his ear “Thank you for keeping me company.”

Gage searched through her bag for a needle and lifted the hem of her shirt. SungJong stopped her, lightly clamping down on her wrist worried about what she was going to do. “It’s okay” She chuckled “I have to take this after every full moon. It’s basically a vitamin shot.”

He took a moment to consider her words before letting her go. “Is it alright if I take a shower?”

SungJong nodded and left only to return shortly with a towel in his human form. “Here you go” he set the towel on the bed “Feel free to use whatever” he said before turning to leave once more.

--

SungJong entered the kitchen, “Look who finally decided to join us.” SungJong rolled his eyes at Woohyun before taking his usual spot a top the counter.

“Received a call from Zhou Mi this morning” Sunggyu walked around the kitchen “The Sun no longer want Gage dead because of the rogue status. DooJoon personally wants to end Gage’s life.”

 “What did he do?” Sungyeol asked eyes wide as DooJoon rarely dealt with things on his own anymore.

“It wasn’t anything outside of defense.”

Woohyun and Sungyeol jumped holding each other’s arms and everyone looked in the direction of the smooth voice. Gage stood in the entrance dressed in cargo shorts and a sleeveless hoodie. Short hair still wet and slightly curling around the edges of the cap she was wearing in order to shade her eyes.

“What are you a ghost?!”

“I dunno why don’t you ask him” she pointed to Hoya. She studied him for a bit all eyes still on her, she frowned. “You didn’t use the cream the Doc gave you did ya?”

“How did you-”

“I was in pain not deaf. Sorry about that by the way” she poked her cheek.

Hoya shook his head with a sheepish grin on his face “My fault I should’ve asked.”

“What did you do?!” Sungyeol had apparently grown impatient waiting for his question to be answered.

“Stayed alive” Gage answered making everyone groan.

“She marked Ren’s face, killed and injured a handful of Sun lackeys, also knocked out Joon and a bunch of his men with a charm.”

“Who the-” Gage questioned from behind Myungsoo who happened to be the farthest from the entrance.

“How did-”Woohyun started before shaking his head.

Sunggyu sighed “Eunhyuk you know you can’t just walk in here.”

The accused man raised his hands in defense then pointed to the younger man next to him “I was trying to stop this one, you know how foxes are” he shrugged as if that were excuse enough. “Changyeol was worried about his new friend and I haven’t had the chance to meet her yet.”

“Gage meet Eunhyuk, he’s one of the leaders of the Lotus Moon gang.” Sunggyu started as Eunhyuk stepped towards Myungsoo and gage, hand extended in greeting only to freeze midstep “Well I’ll be, woudja look at th-” he lifted a barren wrist before turning to Sunggyu “We’ll be leaving now, wouldn’t want to give the Sun any ideas that we’re on good terms” he winked before leaving with Chanyeol in tow.

Dongwoo entered the kitchen shortly after “Why was- why is Gage hiding behind Myungsoo?”

“No one was hiding” She said stepping into view.

“Eunhyuk caught her off guard and she spooked.” Woohyun grinned.

“Says the guy who clung to the person closest to him only minutes before”

“Whoa” he raised his hands in defense “When did Myungsoo get the chance to teach you that?”

“What?” Myungsoo and Gage asked.

“That look.”

“I can’t see it” Sungyeol complained before he took her cap.

“Hey!”

“She looks… they look… is that why she smells like pack?” Woohyun shrugged in answer.

“I what?”

“You smell like pack” Dongwoo answered. “Let me show you” he waved for age to follow him “You to Myungsoo.” He brought them to the bathroom and positioned them in front of the mirror.

Gage took in her purple eyes before moving to Myungsoo’s dark ones and the rest of his features. “I don’t see it.”

“Smirk” Sunggyu ordered having followed them in and they did.

“Twins.”

Gage blinked “Excuse me, what?”

“Sunggyu had me check things earlier to confirm our suspicions. You’re our sister and Myungsoo’s twin.”

“That’s not… It can’t” She was frozen and there were hands on her shoulders. “Gage? Gage! Listen to me, you need to breathe!” Sunggyu’s voice sounded.

“Let me try.” The second Myungsoo touched her arm she gasped and would’ve collapsed if he hadn’t caught her.

“Quick bring her to her room.” Dongwoo ordered. He went to check her eyes shortly after Myungsoo put her on the bed.

 She grabbed his wrists stopping him “I’m fine.”

“Gage… you stopped breathing. It will make me feel a lot better if you let me check your vitals.”

She dropped his hands and nodded “Sorry.”

“Want to share?”

“I’ve always been on my own” She said quietly.

--

Gage stayed in her room for the rest of the day. She listened as her new found brothers switched guard outside her door. She opened it knowing that is was Myungsoo. He looked up from his seat on the floor.

“Come on in” they sat on the floor with their backs against the bed.

“This.. might be weird… can I sleep here tonight?” he asked.

“We’re twins, its fine.” She leaned her head on his shoulder.

“Please don’t run” he said softly.

“Is that why you’ve all been sitting outside?”

He nodded “I don’t know if it’s the twin thing or not but I’d gotten the feeling that you were going to run when you were in shock.”

“I’ve been running for most of my life. It’s kind of become a first response for me. For you I will try my hardest not to run from family.”