Blind game

Broken

A few days later Gage was sitting in the armchair in the living room reading when her vision was out. Calmly she reached up and felt the blindfold. “What now?”

“Well for starters we’re testing your other senses and then it’ll help improve them” Hoya explained “You’ll have to wear it for a week minimum. You’re allowed to take the blind fold off in the shower.”

She rolled her eyes even though she knew he wouldn’t see it. “Alright, fine.” She closed the book and made her way upstairs to Myungsoo’s room. “This isn’t your room” he chuckled.

“I know” she shrugged “Just figured I’d return your book as I won’t be able to read it for a while.”

“Truth or cover?”

“Well if you put it that way, I guess you’ll just have to keep wondering” she smirked.

Myungsoo shook his head “What I’m wondering is why they decided to start this today, when it’s your turn to cook dinner.”

“Hmm, that’s right I almost forgot. Well then you’re going to help me but you might want to put pizza on standby just in case.”

“Did you have something in mind?”

Gage nodded “Homemade mac and cheese and chicken. But now I think I’ll just do pancakes.”

“Dongwoo said he’s paying for pizza tonight.” SungJong said, on his way to his room.

Gage gripped the door frame and leaned out “Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!” She leaned back into the room “Well that takes care of that.”

Myungsoo chuckled “That was pretty smooth” his phone blipped. “Woohyun is waiting for you in the back with Sunggyu. You might want to put shorts on.”

---

Not saying a word, Gage walked out to about the middle of the backyard. She relaxed her shoulders and let her arms hang loose at her sides. Woohyun traded looks with Sunggyu. “You look ready for a fight.”

Gage turned her head toward Sunggyu “Wouldn’t you?” She twisted her shoulders and leaned back just missing the first blow. “See. Would you be kind enough to tell me whether I’m sparring with both or one of you?”

Sunggyu chuckled “Just Woohyun for today, we’ll work up to adding more. Today is more of a trial test.”

A hand ruffled her hair. Woohyun couldn’t help but chuckle at the face she pulled, giving away his position. Quick as lightning she twisted her body, fist arching through the air. Woohyun dodged, however Gage went low and swept his feet out from under him. Sunggyu winced. Gage moved away from her fallen brother and waited for the next sign of him.

He played around with a couple of misdirection taps. It worked a bit until she caught on and kicked back hitting him hard in the stomach. Once he caught his breath Woohyun grabbed for her in retaliation. Gage side stepped his movement and caught him in a hold instead. It was similar to the hold she had Hoya in months before. She hooked one of his legs making him drop to a knee.

“That’s enough for today” Sunggyu called.

“What a kick” Woohyun rubbed his stomach. “I know you bruised Hoya’s face but my god that’s some kick.”

“Sorry” Gage reached for the blindfold. Sunggyu stopped her hand. “It’s alright. Hoya never used that cream he’d gotten from Lay. We’ll make sure Woohyun uses it. Why don’t you go hop in the shower. Pizza should be here soon.” Gage nodded and went inside.

--

Gage came down for dinner dressed in a hoodie and basketball shorts. “Pop or water?” SungJong asked as she slid into an empty seat. “That was quite a number you did on Woohyun today” Dongwoo mused.

Gage shrugged “It was just a kick. Nothing was broken or ruptured. Just like with Hoya…I could’ve broken his nose or fractured something in his face but that didn’t happen.”

“But you didn’t know who Hoya was at the time.” Sungyeol pointed out. Gage moved the plate that was set in front of her “Is there any plain cheese?”

“Here” Myungsoo swapped plates with her.

“Thanks, No but I could tell he didn’t have any intentions of killing me like someone from the Sun. The problem was he hadn’t asked nicely.”

“Yeah remind me never to piss her off. She’s almost as scary as SungJong” Sungyeol muttered.

“Almost” she faced him and huffed “I can deal with that.” She shrugged. The guys all chuckled. “So… who am I sparring against tomorrow?” she took a sip of water.

“Well that depends” Sunggyu folded his hands. “How well do you know the woods out back?”

Gage tilted her head “Well enough.”

“Alright then, your choice. Hide and seek or bow staffs?”

“Hide and seek.”

“Alright then, you can pick two people to be on your team. We’ll start after lunch tomorrow your team will hide. If found you can either; run and try to hide again or fight and if you win: hide again. If you or you and your team can stay out there until an hour before dinner you win. If you’re captured and brought back to the house you lose.”

“Fun” she smirked.

“Soo… who are you going to pick?” Woohyun asked.

“Well how big is the opposing team? Will it be an even 3 on 3 or is it going to be 5 on 3?”

“Well unless we throw the twist in, it can’t be 5 on 3 because someone’ll have to play judge. Of course that person depends on who you pick.”

“What’s this twist?” Her brow furrowed.

“That also depends on WHO you pick.”

Gage pushed away from the table shaking her head. “Even if it’s for training They can’t be here, the Sun would definitely know something was going on.”

“It would most likely just be Chanyeol. We know he’s been wanting to help” Hoya tried to reason.

“If I wanted to see Chanyeol I could meet him in Central.”

“Or he would come here, like he has before.” Sungyeol added.

“Well he is a fox, he kinda does what he wants.”

“Exactly.” A deep voice chimed in next to her ear. To her credit she didn’t flinch.

“You shouldn’t be here.”

“When else was I going to show up unnoticed so I could be here to help tomorrow?”

“Fine. I guess I’ll pick Chanyeol and Myungsoo.”

“I’ll be judge.” Sunggyu appointed himself. “And a reminder no charms tomorrow.”

Gage scoffed “Like I need charms to play hide and seek.”