Caught

Broken

“Normally when a person is caught after fighting for their life they continue fighting for it” Joon walked up to the figure that was currently being held by two of his men. He found it odd that the rogue they’d been tracking for three days wasn’t struggling to get free but stood there quietly regarding him with eyes he couldn’t read. If he hadn’t been running off the high of being the one to successfully capture the rogue he may have heeded the warning the silence held.

“I guess you didn’t know that any wolf, rogue or not must have permission to enter Midnight even if it’s just to pass through. Now” he cracked his neck “It’s a shame I can’t kill you myself. Seeing as you’ve killed a number of our men and even injured our dongsaeng. DooJoon would like to take care of you personally.” He reached out a hand moving closer. “Let’s take a look at this rogue we’ve heard so much about.” Ignoring the rogue’s silence was his first mistake and attempting to remove its mask would be his last. He had managed to loosen part of the mask and in doing so activated a hidden charm that knocked out everyone in the room except for its user.

The rogue smirked after fixing the mask “You’re gonna have to do better than that. ‘tch’ if I didn’t need supplies I wouldn’t have even thought of passing through. If you idiots hadn’t started I would’ve been out of here the first day.”

The rogue were raced back to where he stashed his bags and found the fox he befriended the first night waiting for him. The were narrowed his eyes “You’re not leading them to me are you?” The fox sneezed as if it had been insulted, then yipped for the were to follow him. The fox twitched its tail after a while letting him know they were almost to the spot it found for the night. This was when he took notice of the direction they were heading.

Now Midnight is run by three groups and it doesn’t take long to figure out who owned what territory. Only the north and central parts of the city were ‘safe’ zones. “South… why are we going south?” The fox immediately stopped and snarled in warning at the two figures who had just stepped out of the shadows.

“Oh hush, it’s just us” the male said.

 “Who is us?” the rogue asked his defenses firmly in place.

“This must be the new friend you’ve been telling us about. Eh Chanyeol?” the female turned to him.

“Who are you?” he asked them once again, voice low.

The female smiled showing just enough teeth to tell him what they were or at least what she was. “We have plenty of-” She wasn’t able to finish before he took off. “-for that later” she muttered the last part. “Damn she’s fast for a wolf.”

Chanyeol silently snarled at the two making sure to show enough teeth so they’d know he was upset with them before he ran off for the house. The two shrugged and followed him back.

“What did you do to piss off the happy-go-lucky fox this time?” was the first question the pair received the second they stepped foot in the door.

 “Stuff it Zico.”

“They scared her away!” said a very angry fully dressed Chanyeol in human form from the stairs.

“You were bringing him to our territory with no intentions of bringing him here.”

A brief look of humor flashed in Chanyeol’s eyes before he shot back “And Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi want Gage to stay. Tell me how exactly does scaring him off help, Jia?”

She looked around the room before letting out an exasperated breath “Eli and I had been thinking that it might be easier to just bring him in right away.”

“We didn’t mean to scare him off. That wasn’t our intention” Eli spoke up attempting to take some of the heat from Jia.

“In case you forgot. He doesn’t take well to anything when he’s forced to do something” Chanyeol said as he took a seat on the couch next to Minhyuk who silently reached up and ruffled his hair.

--

In his haste to distance himself from the vampires, Gage ended up in the eastern part of midnight. He wandered down the street lost in thought; He knew he could still trust his fox friend- Chanyeol. The fox obviously knew the two vampires and might even be friends with them for all he knew but Chanyeol hadn’t been expecting them to show up.

Not having paid attention to his surroundings, Gage soon found himself on the ground. “Sorry about that” he took the offered hand and bowed his head in apology once on his feet. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.” His arm was wrenched behind his back before he had a chance to retract his hand. Gage stood still, the guy wasn’t hurting him, so he saw no reason to fight back… yet.

“I won’t hurt you unless you force me to.” Gage scoffed and the man narrowed his eyes but continued to speak softly in a calm tone “As a wolf, permission or not you are a guest in this city. As a rogue: to some an unwanted guest.”

Gage turned his head slightly “What am I to you?”

“That would depend on what you’re here for. My brothers would like to speak with you.” He told him before he started walking them.

 Gage shook his head, when will people learn? In one swift move Gage reversed the hold on him only he wasn’t as kind about it. He almost respected the guy for not making a sound especially with the amount of pressure he put on his arm. “Maybe if you had asked, I would’ve gone with you” Gage shoved him away but the guy went low swiping at his legs. He received a well-placed boot to the face in return. He definitely hadn’t been expecting it and it gave Gage the second he needed to make a break for it.

He turned down an ally and took the first roof access he could find. Deciding it would be safer there than spending the night on the street. He took in the moon as he settled in for the night and sighed knowing there was no way he’d make it out of the city before the full moon the next day.