Opus One: The Advent of the Legend

The Aurum of Vanadis
“Opus One: The Advent of the Legend”


 
   


 

 

          He runs as fast as he can, the fastest he can be, like a bandit being chased by cops, and at last! He made it, though not in time but still he made it. He quickly barged in and catches his breath for a moment.

 

          “I’m here! Sorry I’m late!” he proclaimed and he sure got everyone’s attention. A pretty man with medium-long hair welcomed him.

 

          “Oh! Jaejoong-ah! You’re here!” the pretty looking man greeted as soon as he saw who just came.

          “Heechul-shi I’m sorry I’m late, school kept me up today.” He explained as he heads to the staff’s room, not minding his manager.

          “It’s fine Jaejoong-ah, I understand; and it’s you we’re talking here, so no big deal.” His manager said setting aside the tardiness, because Jaejoong; after all, was his best employee, everyone likes him.

          “Thanks hyung, so… where’re the orders?” he said after changing his uniform and tying his shoes ready for work.

          “Oh, it isn’t that much, really. Based on how many minutes you were late.” Heechul then handed him the list of the orders, it’s about more than ten on the list.

          “Whoa! There are plenty of orders today.”

          “Nah, it’s the same amount every day, it’s just that you’re a bit late so it got stacked up. But really, Jaejoong-ah, you don’t really need to work you know? I mean you’re studying. I can always find a person to replace you.” His manager explained with concern.

          “No Heechul-shi, it’s okay. I love working and school is boring, work is my life.” He said ignoring the suggestion.

          “You really think maturely for a teen. Well okay, whatever you say.” He replied not really getting the point.

          “Well I’m mature enough; so then, I need to finish this before another order comes.” He said while waving the list.

          “You’re right, alright then; the orders are all in the counter. Be careful, I don’t want to lose an employee like you, and hospital bills are pain in the , I won’t pay for it if you get injured.” Heechul joked as he follows Jaejoong to the counter.

 

          “Haha, I’m a good rider okay? Thank you Heechul-shi for the concern, I promise I wouldn’t get hurt.” He said as he bid farewell heading to the door to exit, once out he carried all the orders to the parking lot were the motorbike is.

          When he finished arranging the orders, he gets his helmet and stare at the already visible moon for a while, he took a deep breath and hopped onto his motorbike to deliver the orders. While looking at the sundown he can’t help but feel that something extraordinary might happen, like a dejavu, but he set it aside and do his work.


 
   


          He works as a delivery boy just after school finishes and a waiter at an Italian restaurant owned by Kim Heechul, a beautiful bored businessman who loves Italian cuisine, he also owned a flower shop, no wonder, because his family was famous plant stuffs and he inherited this from them, though rich and adoring he is still looking for something, something that’ll make him happy. And this is how they are alike.

 

          Jaejoong has been working at the café for almost three years now. He has been the most hardworking and kindest employee, the reason Heechul still kept him. He took the boy when he applied for the job when his café needed people for it is just newly opened. Although he knew that the boy was still young, he can’t help but feel that the child holds something else.

 

          Jaejoong didn’t let him down, he had fired some of his employees for being caught abusing Jaejoong, he can’t blame them though, the kid is irresistible, but not his type, he sees Jaejoong as his dongsaeng.

 

          Most of Heechul’s employees are male and they often mistook Jaejoong for a girl so they flirt with him, but at the later end, they go asking Heechul to fire them with their swollen faces due to Jaejoong’s punches, he got quite the attitude FYI.


 
   


          “Thank you Mrs. Han, please order again.” He bowed as he received the payment and a tip from the customer.

          “No, thank you Jaejoong-ah, you’re such a nice and hardworking kid. Of course I’d order again.” The customer complimented him and after saying goodbye she closed the gates.

          “Thanks again Madam!” Jaejoong greatly bowed one more time and heads back to his motorbike.

          “Well, that should be the last! Better head back for my shift.” He then wears his helmet back and humps on the vehicle, started the engine and gets moving.

 

          When he’s already half of the road he noticed something glimmering. He checked on the side mirrors but there aren’t any vehicles behind so he ignores it.

 

          After another minute of driving, he again noticed the same light from earlier. He again looked at the side mirrors but again there was nothing, until his eye dropped on his hands….it was shining, like a very white light, a blinding one. He was very shocked, so shocked he lost track of the road, the motorbike reached the gutter of the road causing him to fully lost control of the vehicle, he was send-off flying and landed on the grass, gladly the soil was quite clammy due to the humid weather.

 

          He wasn’t injured, just some dirt here and there. Once fine, he tried to sit and took off his helmet, he massages his temples. “What just happened?” he asked himself as he slowly recalls what caused it…his hands.

 

          He quickly checked his hands, it wasn’t shinning anymore. “Huh? I-it isn’t glowing? B-b-but…just now…what’s going on? I’m certain it was sort of glowing earlier…but now? Oh Jaejoong, you’re just tired, quit imagining things, just get up and ride on the motorbike, you still have work to do…” he ordered himself and soon he realized something was missing…

 

          “THE MOTORBIKE! Where it is?!” he blared as he looked from left to right until he finally spotted what he was looking for. He stood up, dust himself clean and walks his way to where the bike is, it’s not damaged as well.

          “Thank God! There aren’t any orders left or else, no matter how good Heechul-shi is, I know there’s still a devil inside of him, plus! How would my pay would end up? Oh come on… let’s return to the café.” He said as he put the vehicle up. He wears his helmet and brings the motorbike back to the road.

 

          He started the engine and drives back to the café, this time, focused and alert.


 
   


          After a long time of driving he finally made it back to the café, it was almost eight in the evening that time, he turned the engine off and parked the vehicle on the parking lot, he carried the delivery bags inside of the café. He was welcomed again by his manager.

 

          “Jaejoong-ah! How was it?” Heechul asked as he waits for Jaejoong at the counter.

          “It was… quite okay…” Jaejoong answered while fetching the money he earned from the deliveries.

          “Quite? What do you mean? Did something happened?” Heechul asked as he looked at Jaejoong who was busy counting the cash.

          “Kinda, it’s weird though… I got 5,000 won, I guess, here count it again.”  Jaejoong said while handing the money to his manager.

          “But Jaejoong-ah, what happened I want to know.” Heechul said after receiving the money and following Jaejoong at the staff’s room to change.

          “It’s nothing, it’s just that I flew from the motorbike because I thought my hands were glowing, but it’s nothing, don’t worry, I didn’t have any bruises, just imagining things.” Jaejoong simply said and forgetting what happened.

 

          ‘His hands glow?’ Heechul stopped at the doorway as he thought about what Jaejoong just said.

 

          “Hey! Heechul-shi! Are you okay?” Jaejoong called his manager’s attention while waving his hands in front of his face, after changing from his waiter uniform, he walked passed his manager to get ready for work. His manager finally got back to earth after a while, still puzzled about what Jaejoong said, but then again, he ignores it as well and returned to his business.


 
   

 


          The café is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, which only means no rest, but the employees are taking shifts every time and every day. Jaejoong would work after school from six to eight in the evening as a delivery worker and sometimes as a cashier, then from eight to twelve midnight he works as a waiter. He is lucky because during those times people are probably resting, much of their costumers during those times consist of people having their night shifts, like him.

 

His day-off would fall on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, just so he has time for school stuffs and also for him to rest.


 
   

 


          It’s twelve midnight, time for Jaejoong to go home; he leaves as soon as another worker came to take place. He headed to the staff’s room to change and arrange his things. After changing, he exits the room and bid farewell to his co-workers as well as to his manager.

 

          Heechul stays at the café until one in the morning and goes home; his house is not that far from the café so it’s okay. Heechul was sitting at the counter area, reading a book about plants while drinking his tea.

 

          “Heechul-shi, I’ll be leaving now, see you tomorrow!” Jaejoong bowed and started walking to the door.

 

          “Alright be careful!” Heechul said, after he heard Jaejoong leave the door, he read the last line of the chapter of his book and took a last sip on his cup of tea, he then closed the book and stood up to place the teacup on the kitchen where he can wash it, when all of a sudden… they heard a loud honk of a trucks horn at the front of the café and a blinding white light followed by a loud bash.

 

          “What happened?!!!” Heechul said while relieving the dazzle from the light. He can still sound the continues honking of the horn of the truck.

 

          He quickly rushed outside to see what happened, as well as his employees and some of the costumers.

 

          He spotted the truck, burning and damaged, it rest on one of the electric post at the front of the café, his head rotated a couple more degrees and to his shock he found a body on the floor where the truck’s tail is.

 

          But what’s weird is… the body is kind of glowing!

 

 

          He soon realized who it was……

 

          “J-Jaejoong?!!!”


 
   


          A/N: And that was chapter one… :) hope you liked it, thanks for the early subscribes and upvotes. What can you say so far? I’ll be waiting for some feedbacks. Have a nice day! ^_^