Chapter Three

Love From Above

"Huh?"

The mysterious guy gave me a smirk that made girls around him melt. I was about to talk when a teacher entered our classroom. She's our homeroom teacher, Han sunsaengnim.

"Good morning class, so taday we have to welcome your new classmate. Will you introduce yourself in front of the class?"

"Nae".

His answers were short but he has a calm voice and cold-looking eyes. It sends shivers down to my spine.

"Good morning everyone. I am Jung Daehyun and I came from America. My parents decided to send me back to South Korea because of some circumstances. Please treat me well and I hope we can be friends".

So his name is Jung Daehyun. I've never met someone with that name. So how come he knows me?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As he was heading back to his seat, he looked at me with his deep brown eyes. I can't help but to look back at him. This time, he looks sincere and I feel time stops. Then suddenly, I hear a whispering voice that came from nowhere saying....

"Annyeong JiHyun-ssi".

My eyes widened as that voice came to me like a wind and the point is, it's like he's trying to communicate. Where did it came from? Was it his voice? But my eyes didn't catch his mouth opened or talked for a second. What was that?

He went back to his seat and the teacher continued to discuss her lesson. Meanwhile, I was shaking because of the transfer student and I just encountered a mysterious voice that came from nowhere when his eyes were looking straight to me. After a minute of discussion, the teacher gave us a seat work so I decided to check on him, I wonder if he's confused with the lesson. But when I look at the back, I noticed he wasn't listening but staring at me the whole time.

The teacher noticed that we're looking at each other so she shouted....

"Yah! The two for you! JiHyun-ssi and Daehyun-ssi! What are you doing?! You are supposed to answer the given activity!"

"Mianhaeyo".

I let out a soft tone and said sorry before she turns into a horrible monster and punish us.

"Mianhaeyo, sunsaengnim".

He said sorry while facing the teacher with an emotionless face. No sign of being sorry, no sign of being happy, no sign of being sad. I can't read wants going on his mind but his tone of voice shows what he feels. A soft and pleasant voice.

"Ok, I accept it. But can I check your works? Are you finished JiHyun-ssi?"

"N-nae.... hmmm. Not yet but I am working on the last number".

"Then finish it".

"Nae, sunsaengnim".

I immediately turned to my book and answered the given activity. While the teacher came to look for Daehyun's work.

"Wow Daehyun-ssi! You didn't told me you're already finished. How did you accomplished it in just a minute?"

I can hear their conversation since they're just at the back of me. And it's impressive that Daehyun answered the seat work fast. I am glad he doesn't need my guidance anymore. I just have to focus on this activity and mind my own business.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After the class, I approached Daehyun and asked him if he wants to tour the campus. He nodded and followed me outside. While walking, I can't think of a topic to talk with Daehyun because it seems like he's shy and cold. He doesn't talk to me either.

"It's ok. I am not the guy you used to think. You can to talk if you want".

He started to talk and it's like my questions were answered.

"O-ok. Why did you decided to choose this school?"

"It's because...." *whispers* "....my mission is here".

"What? Mission?"

"Nothing".

"You're weird".

"Am I? Sorry".

*laughs* "Fine. Let's just go to the campus garden. I'm sure you'll love it".

"Sure".

We went to the campus garden where different plants were planted by the students. We stopped by in front of the tree I planted.

"This is the tree that I planted".

"I know".

"Huh?"

"I-I mean there's your name here".

He's pointing at the piece of wood standing in front of the tree with my name on it.

"Omo! Where did it came from? I've never put that before".

"Huh? Maybe you forgot it. It has a date at the bottom of your name. Is it when you planted this tree?"

*took a deep sigh* "Yes. I planted this tree after I woke up from being comatosed. I was so lonely that my mom passed away so I decided to plant a seed here at school which is the tree you're seeing. It's the same tree that mom used to plant at my grandmother's house".

"Sorry if I asked".

"That's fine".

"Did you know that was the same day I came here".

"Really? Waaah~ What a coincidence. Oh! By the way, how did you know my name?"

"Because of your name plate".

"Aaaah~ I am sorry, I didn't noticed. But why did you called me".

"Oh JiHyun, you'll know when the right time comes. But don't worry I am not an evil guy".

"What are you saying?"

"I know every detail on what's going on with your life. And I know when you will die".

And after that, he smiled and left me.