Chapter One

Love From Above

"Omma, where are you going?"
JiHyun asking her mother.

"I'll be gone for a long time".
Her mother responds with a soft tone.

"What about me? Can I come with you?"

"No, I won't allow it. And besides, it's not your time yet".

"What do you mean?"

"Just trust me.I love you so much. Bye".

 

----MEANWHILE----

 

A nurse entered the room to check JiHyun's vitals then she saw the patient's fingers move. She immediately pressed the red button and called for emergency.

Another nurse and a doctor entered the room.

"How's the patient's condition?"
The doctor asked.

Her vitals are all fine. But I just saw her fingers move for about three times. I think she'll be able to wake up anytime".

After a minute, the patient opened her eyes slowly.

"Doc, look! She opened her eyes!"

The doctor smiled and was about to cry.

"Appa~" JiHyun's first word after getting her consciousness back.

The doctor hugged his daughter tightly.

"Thank you JiHyun-ssi. Thank you for coming back".

"What are you talking about? And what am I doing here?"

"JiHyun-ssi, be prepared for what I am about to say, nae?"

"Nae".

"You came here from a car accident including your mother. You were both severely injured. And then...."

"...."

"My wife, your mother, didn't make it. She was already dead upon her arrival".

"What?! That's not true".

"You were in a state of comatose for two weeks. And yesterday, your vitals went down, specially your pulse. I did everything to bring back your normal pulse rate. And I succeed. I am happy that you survived".

"But omma?" 
Because of the sudden news, tears started to fall on JiHyun's cheeks.

"Sshh~ Stop crying".

"It's all because of me. I should've stayed at home. I can't forgive myself".

"Don't blame yourself. JiHyun-ssi, do you know what your mother told the rescuer while trying to save her?"

"Please save my daughter. That was her last words. It gave me hope that no matter what, I will save my daughter. It's your mother's will to protect you. It's our will. Let's just be thankful that you survived. I know my wife is happy from above".

"Nae appa. I won't forget omma".
Wiping her tears.