Chapter Two

Love From Above

It's been four months since that tragic accident happened. I stiil can't believe that mom left just like that. I always visit my mom's grave once a week. And I know father always do the same. We see each other from time to time. So today, I decided to visit him at Busan Med to check on him and to bring his favorite pumpkin soup. As I enter the office, I noticed that he wasn't there so I went to a nurse station and asked where my father is. A nurse told me the he proceeded to E.R. (Emergency Room) for the urgent surgery. It made me think how hard my father is working. I decided to wait for him at the office.

I waited patiently for my father and after an hour, he entered the room with blues. 

"Appa, what happened? Are you alright?"

Omo JiHyun-ssi! You're here. Actually, I feel bad for the family of my patient".

"Waeyo appa? What happened to your patient?"

"He passed away just now. He had a tumor on his brain. I tried my best to save him but his body says no".

"Appa, you already did your part".

"But I really feel bad. He's like my son. We got close with each other as I treat his condition. He had been so kind to me and also his family. He's so cheerful that you wouldn't realize he's in a serious condition".

"Appa, let's just pray for your patient".

"Ok, let's pray for him. By the way, what are you doing here?"

"I came to visit you and brought a pumpkin soup".

"Waaah~ Gomawo JiHyun-ssi. I'll eat this well".

Suddenly someone knocked the door so I decided to check on it. Then I saw a woman standing in front of the door.

"Appa, there's someone looking for you".

That unknown woman entered the room.

"Omo Mrs. Kim! How may I help you?"

"Dr. Oh, I just wanted to thank you for helping my child. You were there when he's fighting his cancer. I am glad that he met a doctor like you. I know he wanted to thank you for everything".

"It's my job to help him. And that kid has a special place in my heart. He's like my son. I've never seen a brave kid just like your son".

"Thank you so much".

That lady left after a minute. I think he's the mother of the patient. Appa really loves his patients that's why omma fall for him.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, I woke up early to prepare for school. It's been a hell week getting ready for the school's foundation day. And as a member of the school council, the president should be responsible for the event.

I went to a bus station a minute away from my house. Then I arrived at the school on time. As a daily routine, I checked the school council's office first for any update. I helped them with working on our plans for the upcoming event. Then suddenly, the principal entered the office and is looking for me.

"JiHyun-ssi can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure. Waeyo?"

"We've got a new transfer student. So you have to take him on a tour at the school campus. And I already put him on a class same as yours so you will be abe to guide and help him whenever he encounters a problem. Please be nice to him, he was born in America that's why it'll be hard for him to adjust".

"Yes, I'll take care of it. Don't worry too much. Just leave it to me and I'll do my best".

"Thank you JiHyun-ssi".

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After discussing our plans for the event, I went straight to my class.Then my classmates, specially the girls, flirts with the guy sitting at the back. While the guy . doesn't give any intention to flirt or talk back. I believe he's the transfer student because I've never seen his face before. I decided to talk to him later and went to my usual seat which is placed in front of him. As I pass by him and from the group of girls, I noticed his eyes were on me. Then suddenly....

"JiHyun-ssi~"

That guy called my name. I don't know why but I listened to his voice like it wasn't the first time.

"Annyeong haseyo! So you are the transfer student. How did you know my name? Did the principal told you that...."

"Because I know you".

I wasn't done with my sentence yet when he answered me back. He has a calm voice and an emotionless look. He's just looking straight to my eyes without any experession on his face. He got a cold image. I am shocked and curious at the same time. A question popped in my head the moment he called my name.

Who is he?