002

Are You Ready?

Chapter 002

 

January 03, 2005

 

j               i               y              o              n              g

 

“Fifty-six, fifty-seven, fifty-eight, fifty-nine and.” Jiyong hummed before his alarm went off. It’s exactly six in the morning, Monday, the first day of school since Christmas break. Jiyong was excited about this day, not because today is going to a day of full recognitions but because today is the day the he will meet her. Sadly, as of now, he still doesn’t know his Lee Chaerin. But of course, to meet her, he needs to put Seunghyun’s locker on fire first.

 

Jiyong spent his vacation planning how to put fire in Seunghyun’s locker without actually being busted. But he knows that Seunghyun’s brain is not really that much of a function so he knew that this one will be easy. He happily showered as he practiced making facial expressions. He never thought of doing this to anyone. Well, not for others will. But just this one Jiyong, he thought to himself.

 

The time struck at 7:00 and a car honked. There was already Youngbae, Seughyun, well the Choi Seunghyun. Not the Lee.

 

“Time to get in!” Seunghyun shouted as Jiyong stormed outside.

 

“Long time no see.” Jiyong gave his friends a quick smile as he entered the car. Sitting inside Seunghyun’s car at the back seat is torture. “You drive like my grandma.” Jiyong said.

 

“Guess what? My grandma drives faster than him.” Youngbae laughed as he pointed Seunghyun.

 

“You two have reckless grandmas.” Seunghyun laughed as he increased the speed of his car.

 

“Jesus thanks!” Youngbae sighed. Jiyong kept his sit, feeling nervous as ever. Jiyong, all you have to do is burn that Lee’s locker and you’ll meet her. Jiyong said to himself.  But what if she’s just making fun of you? No, no. It can’t be that. She’ll be the dead of him.

 

“And we’re here.” Seunghyun said.

 

“Thanks for the ride man.” Jiyong said. “I need to go first. I’ll be late.” He added and the two nodded their heads.

 

He entered the hallways and when he spotted his target, his palms started to get wet and all. He saw Lee Seunghyun hiding his pack of cigarette in his locker before heading out of the hallway. As soon as there’s nobody in sight that could suspect him or anything, he immediately run towards his locker and get his own pack of cigarette. Being smart helped him though. The cigarette was made of cigarette-alike papers which contain materials that can produce fire easily. He even had to buy firecrackers just to put in his cigarette. When it’s all the done, he cracked his passcode and swapped the two.

 

Jiyong looked at the clocked and saw that it’s almost 7:30. Students may fill the hallway as soon as possible so he needs to fasten up. Lighting one cigarette, he put it inside Seunghyun’s locker as he quickly run. Well, he ran just to make sure that no one will caught him sneaking into his locker and putting ‘cigarette’. As he walks away, he heard some cracking sounds inside a metal locker and as he turned around, he saw Lee Seunghyun’s locker burning.

 

Teachers immediately came and the fire was put away before it can damage anything else. He walked towards the locker as the commotion build. Then he saw Seunghyun being scolded by their administrator.

 

“I told you Seunghyun, no cigarettes. What are you going to do now?” Their administrator with an auburn hair and a tall figure not to mention, beautiful said, her name is Hanbyul. Park Hanbyul. Seunghyun was looking downwards as his fists close. “Detention after class, is that clear?” She said in a stern voice. “Do you hear me?” She raised her voice.

 

“Yes.” Seunghyun answered while rolling his eyes. Jiyong secretly smiled to himself. He can now call Lee Chaerin.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

c              h              a              e              r              i               n

 

“I told you.” Dara said while running towards her.

 

“Told me what?” She asked as her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“The you know?” Dara wiggled her eyebrows and winked at her.

 

“No way!” Chaerin squealed.

 

“I can’t wait to tell Bom!” Dara shrieked.

 

“But how did you know that you know, someone did it?” She asked her friend again.

 

“Guess whose locker is this?” Dara said as she showed a video on her phone with a burning locker.

 

“Serves him right. That’s what happens when he breaks my little Minzy’s heart.” She laughed. “Where’s Minzy by the way?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe, laughing in a bathroom stall or maybe hiding inside the library. But probably she’s late. She’s in-charge to pick Bom today, remember?” Dara said nonchantly. Chaerin was about to answer her friend when her phone started to ring. She and Dara gave knowing looks to each other. She picked up her phone but not missing the fact that the call was from an unknown number.

 

“H—hello?” Chaerin stuttered as she tried to make her voice confident.

 

“Uhm, Lee Chaerin?” She looked at Dara and mouthed ‘What to do’ before Dara pushed her away and smiled naughtily at her before walking away.

 

“Uhh, yes, this is her speaking.” It’s very hard to be calm because just listening to this man’s voice makes her senses wild.

 

“About, uh, about the book.” He sounded uncertain as she is.

 

“The notebook you mean?” She laughed. “Are you really willing?” She asked the unknown man.

 

“I really don’t know but I have this feeling that this will be fun.” The last word came out as a question. She giggled and easily puts her disgust face. Since when did she learned to make this expressions?

 

“You don’t know how you made me happy.” She stated it as a matter-of-fact way. “But what’s your name?”

 

“Kwon Jiyong. My name is Kwon Jiyong.” She heard a voice behind her talking, she breathed deeply as she calmed her nerves. What if he’s not handsome and all? Ugh, I’ll be doomed. She thought but her thoughts were easily erased when she looked back.

 

OH. MY. GOD.

 

was literally left open when she saw him. Her soon-to-be property or soon-to-be her owner. Whatever, he scorching hot. His brown orbs where you can lose yourself. His manly scent that will make you drool, how come she did not notice him before? He smiled nervously at her snapping her out of her reverie.

 

“Hi.” He said as he tried to formally ask her to a handshake. She reached for his hand and pulled him, intertwining his fingers.

 

“You are so cool.” That’s how she started their conversation. That made him chuckle, he stopped walking and faced her.

 

“No, you are cool.” He smiled at her.

 

“Lee Chaerin. Junior section B. You know my number; you’ll have to send me home later. See you.” She said as she waved her hand at him.

 

Lee Chaerin ended up leaving a dumbfounded Kwon Jiyong. He really needs to finish those dares. He wants to finish those dares.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

How was it? I'm so sorry that I couldn't update this more often. loll. What do you think?