004

Are You Ready?

Chapter 004

 

j               i               y              o             n             g

 

Jiyong’s head was aching; he did not expect that at all. If the first dare scared the hell out of him, the second dare will make him look like a ert, what will the next dares be like?

 

‘Lee Chaerin, you are really something.’ He thought as he began to close his eyes. He better sleep. He’ll just face Chaerin tomorrow.

 

Jiyong woke up earlier than usual, he should ride the bus today, Chaerin hopes to see him there. Their relationship is platonic, a senior-junior, she’s the owner of the book, he will finish the dares. Is he considered as a slave? The answer is no, Kwon Jiyong is a man who will finish those dares to know what will happen. Besides, it’s his last year in high school and he might have fun. Just this last year, he will be a real human.

 

Jiyong waited for the bus to come, it’ll pick Jiyong first then Chaerin. He better be early so he can pick the right spot for them. He picked the third to the last seat on the right side of the bus. It’s the perfect spot, he thought. As soon as the bus stops, students started to fill it, almost all the seats were taken but there is no Lee Chaerin in sight. He sighed; she told me she’ll ride the bus. The driver started the engine and was about to drive it when someone shouted.

 

“Wait for me!” A cute voice shouted as he heard running sounds. He looked outside the window and he saw her. Lee Chaerin is there, to take the bus with him. As soon as Chaerin entered the bus, she was greeted by a face she was just familiar with days ago. Kwon Jiyong is seating there and he reserved a seat for her. She walked to where he is seating and sat there.

 

“The bus almost left.” Jiyong said as-a-matter-of-fact.

 

“Sorry, I woke up a little late.” Chaerin answered apologetically. They both sat there awkwardly, as if Chaerin did not meet his family last night and as if Jiyong did not walk her home. The silence lasted for minutes until Jiyong broke it.

 

“Are you serious?” He asked Chaerin.

 

“What do you mean, serious about what?” Chaerin asked back.

 

“You know the whole dare thing.” He looked at her as if he’s waiting for her to say no.

 

“Of course, I’m serious. It is fun isn’t it?” She happily asked him.

 

“Fun, I can die you know.” He said and she giggled.

 

“What’s wrong? You know you won’t and I know you won’t.” She told him.

 

“But why do I have to steal Soojung’s underwear and put it as public display?” His voice getting lower as the bus stops again to load students, which Jung Soojung is.

 

“You know, she’s—I don’t know how to describe it.” She laughed.

 

“Are the two of you enemies or what?” Jiyong asked Chaerin, almost whispering, because as if it’s fate, Jung Soojung sat in-front of them.

 

“You don’t want to know.” She answered nonchalantly and winked at him. “I’m not giving you time limit you know.” She said.

 

“Good, I need to digest that first.” He laughed and she laughed along.

 

“But the sooner, the better.” She said and faced him. “You know, you decide how you do it; as long as you can do it.”

 

“As long as I can do it.” He repeated and grinned at her. He got his music player and put the earphones on. He closed his eyes, trying to relax when he felt her tug on the other one. She too, closed her eyes and relaxed.

 

“I did not know you’re into ballad.” She mumbled.

 

“You don’t know a lot of things about me.” He said. “Yet.” He quickly added.

 

So do you.” She said and they both closed their eyes. Chaerin nudged Jiyong on his shoulder.

 

“Hmmmm.” He moaned.

 

“We’re almost there.” She said and he opened his eyes the bus halted and students started to get down. Jiyong and Chaerin also did get down.

 

“Will I walk you home?” He asked Chaerin.

 

“Will you?” Chaerin asked back.

 

“You know the answer.” Jiyong grinned at her as they walked to the hallway. When he saw his friends near them; he quickly said. “Wait for me, okay?” Hoping that his friends did not see anything, she quickly said goodbye as she saw her friends waving. When he looked back at his friends, he saw them grinning at him. Those grins that will make you want to dig your own hole.

 

“You’re replacing us already bro.” Youngbae said as Seunghyun laughed.

 

“Yeah, but she’s beautiful.” Seunghyun told him. “Nice one Kwon, we do not know that you’re a good picker.” Seunghyun then winked at him.

 

“I just rode the bus and she’s also there.” Jiyong defended himself.

 

“Yeah, like when you walked yesterday and she met your parents and you walked her home.” Seunghyun said.

 

“That’s so coincidental dude.” Youngbae said sarcastically.

 

“H—how d—did you guys know?” Jiyong was lost in words.

 

“We went to pick you up this morning and your loving mother told us everything.” Youngbae .

 

“Auntie is a really good story-teller you know.” Seunghyun winked again. “Why don’t you introduce her to us?” Seunghyun proposed.

 

“Why would I?” Jiyong asked them.

 

“Because I don’t know, you’ll introduce her soon so why not as soon as possible?” Youngbae said.

 

“I’ll ask her first.” Jiyong said.

 

The day was fine but he cannot focus, he’s waiting for the classes to be over. This is the first time that he lost interest in studying. He was never observed with this attitude, but since he knew Lee Chaerin, he can’t seem to focus on anything that has nothing to do with her.

 

Three more subjects and he can see her again. Why did he take such classes? If he met Chaerin earlier, he will not take advance classes so he can meet her.

 

He did not see her in lunch because he spend his break trying to finish his homework and activities so he can have free time, he also read his lessons in advance so he can think on how he can steal Jung Soojung’s underwear at night.

 

Last subject, he can’t wait to finish his last subject. His teacher, Kim Ryeowook asked him to stay for few minutes after class before he has some matters to discuss with him. He inwardly groaned because he’s supposed to go to Chaerin’s room and pick her up. The class ended and he went to his teacher.

 

“Jiyong, I just wanted to congratulate you because you’re a very consistent student. Keep up the good work kid.” He said and Jiyong bowed.

 

“Thank you Sir.” He bid his teacher goodbye and hurriedly went to the library and did his assignment, he read some more and when he is done, he went to Chaerin.

 

“You’re early.” Chaerin said and he grinned at her.

 

“I am, so you can do your homework early.” He said as he pulled Chaerin’s hand and they went to the library.

 

“You can just tell me to come here. I know you went here before you went to my class.” Chaerin said.

 

“I wanted to.” He grinned again. “Let’s start?”

 

Unlike last night, Chaerin seemed to obey him. She worked hard to answer her homework as he looked at her notes.

 

“Your handwriting, it’s beautiful.” He mumbled. Chaerin looked at him. She was distracted. “Sorry, continue.” He chuckled and she did continue. After they finished doing her homework, they started to walk their way home.

 

“Where are you this Friday?” Chaerin asked him.

 

“At my house.” Jiyong answered.

 

“Tell your parents that you’ll help me with something and you’ll stay over. Friday-night.” She said.

 

“Okay.” He answered and grinned at her.

 

“You like to grin don’t you?” She .

 

“I don’t know, maybe.” He said.

 

“So, this is me. Bye.” She waved her hands and looked at him.

 

“Bus tomorrow?” He asked her.

 

“Bus tomorrow.” She answered.

 

“Be early.” He told her and started to walk.

 

“I will!” She said and he chuckled to himself. His phone vibrated after sometime and an SMS was received, from Lee Chaerin.

 

‘Bus tomorrow. I’ll be early; I enjoyed your company again. See you.’

 

“I enjoyed your company too.” He said as he typed some other words and sent it to Chaerin. Now, all he needs to do is lay on his bed and think of ways on how he can get Soojung’s underwear.