003

Are You Ready?

Chapter 003

 

j               i               y              o             n             g

 

Lee Chaerin. Junior section B. You know my number; you’ll have to send me home later. See you.” Those words kept on repeating on his mind. Her voice, that sounds sultry yet so sweet. Love at first sight? Maybe, no. This is just a mere infatuation. He likes her more than an owner of a book he saw. But it doesn’t mean that he’s going to have real feelings for her. Or just might you know. The bell rang indication that it’s lunch time. He still has to meet his friends. When he entered the cafeteria, he saw his friends at their usual spot.

 

“How do I impress a girl?” Those are the words that he said before he can even sit. His friends looked at him with their brows creased. “I’m serious.” He added then Seunghyun laughed.

 

“Wow, looks like there are still things that Mr. Smarty Pants doesn’t know.” And to further mock him, he clasped his hands together and made face.

 

“Seunghyun it’s not funny. I’m dead serious here.” Jiyong stated with a pleading face.

 

“Who’s the girl?” Youngbae asked. Jiyong, you don’t need to impress her. You don’t.

 

“Oh. N—nothing, I was just joking. I got you there.” He stammered but he carried himself of. Then they started to eat until Lee Chaerin, the girl he’s been thinking of since this morning walked inside. Her eyes roaming around the cafeteria, looking for someone, when her eyes locked with him, she smiled widely and walked towards him. Jiyong began to panic, what will he do? His palms were all sweaty. He can’t focus. He breathed hard and when he opened his eyes, he was greeted by a smiling Lee Chaerin.

 

“Ji, I just hope that you still remember later.” She smiled.

 

“O—of course I—I do remember.” He buckled. And as if on cue, Chaerin’s smile turned into a grin.

 

“I know that you will go home a little late because you will study so I’ll wait for you still.” She said almost sounding like she’s explaining.

 

“Okay. Section B right? Wait for me.” He gave her a soft smile.

 

“I need to eat, bye, see you later.” She waved her hand and just like what happened this morning, he was left dumbfounded.

 

“Jiyong you need to see a doctor.” Youngbae snapped him out of his daydreaming.

 

“What?” He snapped back at Youngbae.

 

“A junior, typical senior move.” Seunghyun winked.

 

“If the two of you don’t stop, I’ll strangle you both to death.” Jiyong said before he laughed just to ease the awkward situation.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

c              h              a              e              r              i               n

 

“I can’t believe you did that.” Bom’s eyes widened.

 

“What? Is it that bad?” Chaerin asked Bom.

 

“No, it’s not. It’s just that you look so desperate.” Bom scolded her.

 

“I. AM. DESPERATE.” Chaerin answered her.

 

“I thought that you don’t want to continue this?” Her friend questioned.

 

“Thought. You know I always change my thoughts. Besides, he’s the only one who’s willing, why not give him a chance?” She rolled her eyes at her friend.

 

“You’re not giving him a chance; you’re giving the two of you chances.”

 

“Chances of what?”

 

“Of having something, you know? Deep.”

 

“And I want it to be deeper.” She smiled naughtily.

 

“Ugh! I can’t do this talk anymore. I’ll ask Dara to talk to you.” Bom said as Chaerin shrugged. ‘I do want to give ‘us’ chances. Because he is my exact opposite. A negative and a positive end will attract each other.’

 

“I figured this already out Bom. It’s not like I’m sacrificing everything, it’s just giving chances. You’re so tense.” Chaerin looked at her friend’s eyes.

 

“Fine. If that’s what you want. We’ll just support you.” Bom winked.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

j               i               y              o              n              g             

 

Jiyong was preoccupied so he did not notice that almost everyone in the school was gone. When he looked at his watch, he saw that it’s almost six, so he hurriedly stand up and run hoping that Lee Chaerin was still there, waiting for him.

 

“F, E, D, C, B!” He almost shouted when he reached her classroom, he opened the door and saw her, silently sleeping. So she really waited for him. The thought of that made him smile. “You waited.” He mumbled. “Hey.” He nudged her shoulder softly.

 

“Hmmm.” Chaerin groaned and he chuckled, how cute can this girl get?

 

“I’m sorry I was late.” He whispered to her and her eyes snapped open.

 

“Jiyong!” She exclaimed. “I did not notice that I slept.” She laughed.

 

“I did not notice the time because I was doing something. I’m really sorry Chae.” Chae, that sounds nice. She smiled at him and she stands up.

 

“Let’s go?” Chaerin grinned at him and started to stretch. She was about to carry her bag when he saw Jiyong already carrying it. “You don’t have to.” She said.

 

“I insist.” Jiyong stated and walked while Chaerin followed. The walk was silent, more like an awkward situation. “How come I didn’t notice you before?” Jiyong asked Chaerin.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe you’re too busy with your books.” She answered like it’s the most obvious thing, which really is.

 

“Are we there yet?” Jiyong asked Chaerin, again.

 

“Not yet.” She said. “Have you had any girlfriend?” It’s now Chaerin’s time to question him.

 

“No.” He said as he blushed a deep shade of red and looked down. “You? Seungri perhaps?”

 

“That brat? Of course, not.” She rolled her eyes in annoyance, hearing his name gave her chills.

 

“Then why did you write that in the book?” His eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Just for fun.” She answered and his face gave her a shocked expression. “Just kidding. She broke a friend’s heart.” She quickly added.

 

“Oh. Where are your parents?”

 

“France. I don’t know, but I know they’re still alive though.” Chaerin laughed. “I’m living alone.”

 

“Do you want to come over?” Jiyong asked her. “I will help you.” He suggested.

 

Chaerin’s eyes twinkled and she quickly agreed. So instead of walking her to her house, they ended up walking to Jiyong’s house. As they went nearer to his house, Chaerin started to be nervous. What if Jiyong’s family is against her? What? Lee Chaerin what are you thinking?

 

“Jiyong.” She blurted out and Jiyong looked at her.

 

“What?” He smiled softly. That smile.

 

“N—nothing.” Chaerin stuttered. Jiyong looked at her again squeezed her hand. Hard. That made Chaerin wince in pain and Jiyong laughed. “That hurts.” Chaerin pouted. Jiyong continued to laugh and stopped after a few minutes.

 

“We’re almost there.” Jiyong whispered and her nerves went crazy. It’s the first time that someone invited her. A boy who invited her. They reached his house and Chaerin was trying to be calm. “Come in.” Jiyong broke her out of her reverie and opened the door for her. They both entered and they were greeted by the sweet smell of food. “I’m home.” Jiyong said and he went straight to the kitchen where his mother was. “I have company.” He whispered to his mother and his mother immediately stood straight and went to the kitchen. When he saw a girl standing in front of their door she quickly smiled naughtily at Jiyong.

 

“I did not know you’re with a girl.” She squeaked. “Hi dear.” She greeted Chaerin sweetly.

 

“Uh h—hello.” Chaerin said and bowed. Jiyong’s mother gave her a hearty laugh.

 

“What a nice lady we have here.” She smiled sweetly. “Make yourself comfortable. I’m about to finish cooking.” Mrs. Kwon said as she returned to the kitchen.

 

“I do not know you’re such a respectful young lady.” Jiyong winked at her.

 

“Shut up.” She laughed at herself.

 

“Father’s about to go home. We can eat then we’ll study.”  Jiyong informed her.

 

“Okay.” Chaerin answered as she took her seat and watch television. After sometime, his father was already home and like his mother, she was given the same treatment. The dinner was fine and the study time they had was really hard. Well, for Chaerin it is because Jiyong won’t let her go home unless she finishes her homework.

 

“Come on Chae. This is your last homework. Do it.” Jiyong commanded and opened her book for her. Chaerin groaned for the nth time that night but she did it anyway. Her friends call her stubborn but it seems that this guy is way more stubborn than her. When she finished it, he gave her a congratulatory smile. “I will now send you home.” Jiyong said as he cleaned her things. They bid Jiyong’s parents goodbye and walked outside.

 

“Your parents are so nice.” Chaerin said.

 

“Only because you’re there.” Jiyong said.

 

“What do you mean?” Chaerin’s brows creased.

 

“They’ll tease me later.” Jiyong whined like a child that made Chaerin giggle.

 

“You’re such a baby.” She teased and Jiyong laughed along with her. They walked more and until Chaerin reached her house. “This is it.” She pointed and Jiyong nodded. “Goodnight.” She waved her hand and he did the same. Jiyong waited until he was sure that Chaerin was inside before he walked home.

 

He did his usual rituals before sleeping. He was about to sleep when he received a text message.

 

‘I enjoyed your company. Let’s do it more. I’ll take the bus tomorrow. Hope to see you there.’

 

He smiled as he read those words and he said he enjoyed her company too and went to bed. He remembered the book and checked the first dare. He turned the page of it and his eyes almost went out of its socket.

 

Dare #2: Steal Jung Soojung’s underwear and place it on the school’s court.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry this is kinda lame because the first one that I typed was deleted. Sorry ^^