001

Are You Ready?

Chapter 001

 

 

DECEMBER 21, 2004

 

 

j               i               y              o              n              g

 

 

“3:19” Kwon Jiyong, Seoul’s smartest high school student said as he sought for a book that he needed for his research project.

 

“I told you dude it’s not here. I’m gonna find it there, okay?” Dong Youngbae, his bestfriend said. Jiyong looked up and saw his usual toothy grin.

 

“Okay.” He shrugged as Youngbae walked away. He tried to find that book. He knows it’s here. It’s really here. He was about to give up when he saw a blue-covered book, ‘Physics’. He smiled at himself. Finally, there you are. He thought to himself. He cleaned the cover, it was all dusty but it’s still recognizable. He opened the book and he was shocked that instead of seeing the title. Something else was written.

 

It says: Lee Chaerin’s Book of Dares. She wrote this in a book? Doesn’t she know that books are so important, but then he read it further.

 

"There are clues I've made. If you're brave enough to accept them you can turn to the page. If you don't want it, please put back the book to its proper place on the shelf, please."

 

Kwon Jiyong read the hand-writing to himself. He turned the page and saw that this wasn’t a lame prank or joke. The girl’s information is all here. From her name, to her address, to her contact number. Below the information were words that tell ‘I’m serious here. If you’re interested, call me. You can still back-out. You can’t turn the page unless you made a dare. Step by step, okay? I don’t care how you do it. After the first dare, you can call me. –Lee Chaerin’ He turned it to the next page. There’s no turning back now Kwon. He sighed as he read it further.

 

Dare #1: Set Lee Seunghyun’s locker on fire.

 

He chuckled to himself. The must’ve hated this guy so much. Typical dare, Lee Seunghyun, school’s biggest heartbreaker. Maybe he broke that girl’s heart and this is her way of revenge, using him as an instrument. But still, it’s vacation. So it means he still has two weeks to prepare and plan for this. And he still has two weeks before he can call her. Two weeks. He wants to do it now. And although he doesn’t know this girl, he was intrigued by her.

 

Is she skinny? Is she tall? Is she pretty?

 

“Dude, I found it.” He heard Youngbae at the other end of the library. They heard shushing sounds from the nearby readers. Then he looked at them and sent an apologetic look. He quickly hid the book in his bag then he walked towards Youngbae.

 

“So, can we start now?” He asked.

 

“Of course, so where do we start?”

 

“How about we start with the first page?” Youngbae chuckled.

 

“Right." Jiyong chuckled back.

 

-----------------------------------

 

c              h             a              e             r              i               n

 

“Bom! I told you this was a bad idea.” Lee Chaerin said to her friend, Park Bom.

 

“How was ‘that’ a bad idea?” Her other friend, Sandara Park asked.

 

Chaerin sighed. “Because, because no one will ever do things for people who they do not know!” She blurted out.

 

“Come on Chae! Just give this a chance! If this doesn’t work-out until the end of next year’s first month, we’ll stop and we’ll get the book back, okay?” Bom explained.

 

“It’s not just that!” Chaerin whined.

 

“Then tell us Rinnie.” Sandara said.

 

“I don’t know, it’s not just about the dares. It’s also about whom I will give my heart. You know, at the end.” Chaerin’s voice was filled with uncertainty.

 

“It’s still up to you. Maybe ‘he’ll’ understand it if you’re not yet ready. Besides, those dares are so hard to accomplish.” Bom tried to make her happy, maybe just a little.

 

“We still have two weeks before school. So, you can still think about it. In two weeks.” Dara wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“Yeah. Two weeks.” Chaerin mumbled.

 

-------------------------------------

Just a little update for you guys. I promise that it'll be longer next time. Thank youuuuu. I'm back. loll