Pillows

Country Roads, Take Me Home

Baekhyun and Chen were rushing down the stairs with about a minute to spare. Baekhyun was on the last step before he tripped and fell face first, in front of everyone. It didn’t hurt him that much physically, but his pride sure was hurt. Way to make a first impression, Baek, he thought. As lay on the floor in shame, keeping his eyes locked on the ground, a pair of boots entered his line of vision.

“Get up.”

 

 

 

 

“Get up, quick, before the director arrives, here,” a hand offered to help him up and Baekhyun looked into gentle grey eyes.

 

“Thanks,” he took the hand, stood up and dusted himself off, “Uh, I’m Baekhyun.”

 

“Suho,” Grey eyes smiled and his eyes crinkled, similar to how Chanyeol’s would crinkle when Baekhyun said something Chanyeol called endearing. Baekhyun use to hate it before because he thought it made Chanyeol seem too much like his mother but right at this moment it made Baekhyun yearn for both Yeol and his mom.

 

“Hey! Suho!” A short guy with blond haired called from across the room, “Amber, here, says you’ve started to imitate me as your ‘party trick’.”

 

“Uh, yeah, about that Jonghyun, I - ”  Suho started but was cut off by a pillow flying at his head, “YAH!”  

 

“It is a really good imitation,” a short girl with a brown hair bob-cut yelled to the Jonghyun guy from the couches at the far side of the room. She broke into peels of laughter when Jonghyun threw a pillow at her as well.

 

“You declare war on IU, you declare war on me,” cried a guy sitting near the girl as he lobbed a pillow in Jonghyun’s direction. The pillow hit a girl (who looked kind of like Jonghyun).

 

“YAH! Wooyoung, you idiot! Take this!” Pillows began to fly across the room and the noise leveled increased.

 

Chen was all for it, he even grabbed a pillow and sent it flying into some poor girl’s face. Baekhyun was watching everything with a bemused expression until a pillow hit him on the side of the head.

 

“WHO DARES TO MESS UP MY HAIR THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING?!?” he picked up the pillow and joined in the fight.

“WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE DOING?” A voice broke through the laughter and shouting coming from the trainees, “HAVE YOU ALL LOST YOUR SENSES?” Every single trainee froze.

 

Baekhyun turned his gaze to the voice. A man that Baek had not seen before was walking down the stairs; he looked extremely upset.

 

“Oh, Wonnie, darling, don’t mind them too much, they are just kids,” A gorgeous girl with honey coloured hair came running up behind the man.

 

“Do you think this is how we acted in the navy? All playing about like small children?”

 

“Siwon, you forget, you’re not in the army anymore, this is an entertainment industry.”

 

Siwon took a deep breath, straightened his tie and continued down the stairs. Chen glanced over at Baekhyun and mouthed, what the heck. Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders in response.

 

“ATTENTION!”

 

All the trainees scrambled into three orderly lines, chests out, backs straight, heels together.  That is, all the trainees except for the new ones. Baekhyun, Chen, Luhan, Sehun and 8 other trainees glanced around nervously unsure of what to do.

 

“Well go on, then!” They all tried to get into the lines with the others.  

 

Siwon, hands behind his back, walked through the lines, glaring at each trainee. He stopped at Jonghyun, “Name?” He barked.

 

Jonghyun stepped forward, “Kim Jonghyun, sir, vocal.”

 

“Let’s hear it.”

 

Jonghyun grinned and began to sing.

 

I guess it’s true; I’m not good at a one-night stand,

but I still need love ‘cause I’m just a man,

these nights never seem to go as planned,

I don’t want you to leave will you hold my hand ~

 

 Oh won’t you –

 

And about 6 of the trainees joined in and sang, “Stay with me.”

 

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped, not only did Jonghyun have one of the best voices he had ever heard but Siwon was now in the process of engulfing him in a gigantic bear hug.

 

“You’re perfect! No wonder you are Kyu’s favourite!!”

 

“Who’s ‘Kyu’?” Baekhyun whispered to the guy next to him.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, he’s sort of one of our vocal coaches. He’s also one of the CEO’s best friends.”

 

Siwon heard the voices and snapped to face Baekhyun, Chen and the guy standing next to Baekhyun, “You! Name and position!” he glared at Chen.

 

Chen hesitantly stepped forward, “uh, Kim Jongdae, vocals, uh, sir.”

 

“You’re new aren’t you?” The girl with honey coloured hair smiled at him. Chen nodded, “Would you like to sing us something?”

 

Chen nodded again and nudged Baekhyun to sing along with him mouthing, “Let Her Go”. Baekhyun nodded and followed Chen’s lead coming in at the end of lines and covering his ad-libs.

 

Only need the light when it’s burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know your lover when you let her go

 

Only you know you’ve been high when you’re feeling low

Only hate the road when you’re missin’ home

Only know your lover when you let her go

 

Chen and Baekhyun finished and everyone was staring at them. The girl who Chen had hit with a pillow had wide open and Suho and his friends looked stunned. What had they done wrong? Did they sing the wrong lyrics? What if they had sung really off-key? What was Baekhyun going to do with this first impression? He’d barely made it a day and he was going to get kicked out! So much for rescuing his Dad’s life and his parents failing marriage. Baekhyun couldn’t even look at Chen; he nervously glanced at Siwon.

 

 

 

(A/N this was sort of a filler chapter, establish some new characters that sort of thing :) Siwon is not the sedan man!! Forgive my awful spelling and grammar! Saranghae <3)