O6장

Unimpeachable Fugitive: Rebirth [SEMI-HIATUS]

I stared blankly at the red big thing in front of me. My eyes just went wide and I could feel my jaw dropping. "Mercedes Benz Sls Amg latest edition. It was supposedly promoting next year but I kind of 'bribed' the person," Victoria chuckled as she whispered through my ears. "Cool colour, eh?" I nodded my head as I took another glance at the red colour sports car and gulped.

"U-Unnie, its okay, I-I can just ride a bus," I clutched onto the handbag that Victoria gave last night. Was it Coach? Or was it Channel? I couldn't remember it. All I know was, from the moment I got myself up from the bed, Victoria had insisted me to wear 'perfectly' to school. She even called in a few human beings to dress me, style me, and make-over me. Trust me, the person that was standing on the other side of the mirror wasn't me at all. This is the current me with my current mood.

"Eh? No," Victoria shook her head repeatedly or rather, firmly. "I'm not allowing that. This is just my little present for you for your first day of college life, dear. Come on', you do have a driver's license, right?" Hah. Talk about driver's licence. Sure, I did have but it had been stopped after I walked myself in the prison gate. "I knew it," Victoria snapped her fingers after I shook my head. "Guess I have to drive you to school today."

 

 

College wasn't amazing as it seems. Victoria said that I must not study too hard and must be friendly to others or else I would be bullied in college. I don't get it when she told me to not study too hard. Getting good results and grades is a good thing so why not study hard? It couldn't harm a person, right? From my point of view, people always follow and respect those people who had higher academics than others.

"Byeol," I almost ignored that name but reality struck me back and I looked for the source of the voice. "I know what you're thinking of. Do you know why you must not study too hard? One, people would see and calls you a nerd. Secondly, people would bully you by asking you to finish up their assignments and thirdly, people are more interested in social than academics so beware."

Okay, I didn't think of that. I've just realize that I've never been to school before. How could I know what people think of me? 

I could hear people's whispers and gossips before me and Victoria stepped into the Principle's office. "Isn't that Victoria Song?" one was saying. "The Queen of Korea, right? Who is that girl beside her?" another was saying but quickly turned away when I stared at them. I just shrugged with the thought that Victoria must have been really popular.

"Miss Song," I knew it was mean of saying that person standing inside the office fat, but I'll just go with Mr. Chubby. I guessed I was lucky that I didn't say it out loud because Mr. Chubby was actually my principle. I don't want to get into trouble at my first day of school. "I'm glad you can make it. How's everything?"

"Everything's good, Principle Kim," Victoria accepted his handshake and so do I. "Principle, it's Mrs. Buck, actually." Principle Kim raised an eyebrow in confusion and finally nodded when he caught a look of the wedding ring on Victoria's finger. "This is my god sister, Choi Byeol. She's a new student here today and she's taking business and management."

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Choi Byeol and I'm twenty-three this year," I slightly bowed before him and later brush a few strains of hair to the back of my ear as it was getting a little messy after that bow. "Please do take care of me, principle." The old man gave a hearty chuckled and nodded his head in amused. If he was an English guy, I would say he was actually Father Christmas that flew all the way to Korea.

"Byeol, I'm so sorry but I would like to have a chat with Principle Kim," Victoria said as she rested her palms on my shoulder. "Can you walk around first by yourself? Will you be okay?" I smiled and nodded my head after seeing Victoria's concerned eyes. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"No no no, its okay, Mrs. Buck," Principle Kim said as I was going to head for the door. "I'll ask one of my students to take her around the school. It was a big school after all and she might get lost. He's the President of the student council so it wouldn't be a matter." I wasn't sure which button he pressed from the phone but there's a female voice answering after he pressed that button. "Secretary Lee, call the President in."

After a few minutes of waiting in the office, the office door swung open and a blond hair guy walked in with a smile on his face. That smile only lasted for a few seconds as the books that he was carrying dropped to the ground. As he was picking up the fallen books in a hurry, it was my turn to be surprised. I couldn't believe what I've just saw. Was it just an illusion? I bet that guy was thinking the same thing as I do. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself down. It's just an illusion. It will be gone after I had opened my eyes.

"Han, why are you so anxious?" Principle Kim said and I quickly opened my eyes. I couldn't understand, as if my brain short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. Around me, everything was in fast-forward while I was motionless in the middle of it all. How could this happen? I pressed the heels of my hands into my eyes until I saw nothing but sparkle. I tried to sit down, but it was more like a stumble and fall that left me in a trembling heap on the floor.

"Byeol," Victoria quickly rushed to my side and supported my weak body. "Byeol, are you okay? Byeol!" I nodded to myself and took a deep breath, hoping it would help me to balance. I didn't want to look in front anymore; I couldn't. Staring at the ground was the best thing to do for now because I'm not sure what would happen to me if I glanced at the person that was standing in front of me.

"Byeol?" The blond hair guy who was known as the President of student council finally spoke up as I still stare hard at the ground. That voice, I knew that voice. It was so hard to forget yet so easy to remember. "Your... Your name... Your name is Byeol?" 'Byeol'. Wow, I couldn't believe that name just came out from his very mouth. That question though, it was heart-breaking and painful at the same time.

Why does my heart felt pain when it was supposed to be pleasure? Why do I felt shocked when I was supposed to be pleased? Why do I felt scared when I was supposed to be at ease? Why?

"Yes, she's my god sister, Choi Byeol," Victoria patted my back as she smiled at the blond hair guy. "Isn't she a beauty? Hey, I'm not giving her to you, hoobae-nim. You're taken, don't be greedy." I couldn't laugh at that joke, I couldn't. Which person could laugh in this situation when it was all so wrong? Everything was a mistake. Walking in to Victoria's house and taking the choice of studying in college.

"Hmm, seems like she's okay now," Principle Kim nodded and turned to face that blond hair guy. "Han, Byeol is a new student in our school and I want you to bring her around so she can get used to the school's environment. She's taking business and management so her class will start at ten in the morning. Now it's eight-thirty in the morning so you two got about one and a half hour to tour before her class starts. Byeol, just following him and you'll be alright."

Alright? How could I be alright when I am still shaking here? It seems like God is not helping with my first day of school because my day just turned bad. "O-Okay..."

 

 

"Jageun, that is your name," the blond hair guy said firmly after we were out of the office. He never changed at all. That look, that eyes, that nose and... that lips. His chestnut eyes was still as brown as ever and his chubby cheeks that I used to play with. "Byeol isn't your name, tell me the truth."

I don't know why but I just couldn't tell him who I was. Why? Why was it so hard for me to tell him who I was? Why couldn't I tell him? It was like those horror movie that you watched where they used needle and thread to sew your mouth. My lips felt like it had been sealed tightly. 

When you meet anyone you know, pretend you don't know them. Jageun is your past now, you're now Choi Byeol. Don't linger around your past or you'll get hurt. You might even hurt the person you once knew. Victoria's words kept playing in my mind as I was about to tell him the truth.

What if he really did have a girlfriend? Wouldn't his girlfriend felt sad if she knew about both of us? I couldn't hurt anyone anymore. I hurt him once and I'm not going to let that happen again.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Choi Byeol and I'm a new student here," I squeezed my tears in as I bowed slightly at him. "Sunbae-nim, please take care of me." Hey, that wasn't so bad, right? Maybe I should move on with my life; my life as Choi Byeol, not Jageun.

"I know you're Jageun!" he said loudly after I've introduced myself. I almost fell down because of his sudden uproar. "You look just like her and you sound just like her. You can't fool me. Was it my father? Did he bribe you to forget me or to leave me? Jageun-ah, tell me the truth!" Why is he doing this to me? Don't look at me like that, Han. My throat was getting dry as I felt a gush of liquid was forming in my eyes.

Yes, Lu Han. I sound just like her and I look just like her because, I was Jageun.
 


`author's note

TA-DAH. I know it's lame but... the main actor is out!
What do you guys think will happen next?
I'm sorry that after five chapters Lu Han is only out...
But I promised more will come, soon! 
Don't be a silent reader! Comment more, I love your comments! <3
Ooh, tell me about your opinion on this trailer for my story.
It was made by Pandomonium Productions and I'm totally loving it!
Click here.