Surprise

Autumn Aspirations

"I told you you'd do really well!" Chanyeol's cheer beside me was deafening, but I didn't mind because I was too busy grinning like an idiot and jumping up and down, overjoyed by my mark from the Biology unit test that I took. I hugged the sheet to my chest and grinned widely at the three boys who were looking at me with amused expressions on their faces as they watched me.

"Our little introvert has finally grown out of her shell," Luhan remarked, watching me and chuckling. Chanyeol nodded in agreement and slung his arm over the former's shoulders. "Definitely. How long has it been? Like a week?"

"Almost two weeks," Sehun corrected, laughing when I jumped over and pulled him into my little celebration, tugging his arm and pulling the both of us up and down.

"Oh right, how could I forget," Chanyeol shook his head, smiling. "she''s been like a dark cloud over me for as long as I could remember, since we took our test. Such a pessimistic little introvert," he tsked disapprovingly at the two of us as we jumped up and down.

"Not an introvert anymore, thanks to Lay and his Noraebang idea. It still amazes me as to how just a single session could change her so drastically," Luhan pondered, cocking his head to one side as if scrutinizing me. "Would this girl even smile a month ago?"

"Yeah rarely, but mostly just to me," Chanyeol stated proudly, patting his chest, "because I can get everyone to smile. Happy Virus, anyone?"

Luhan glared at him and smacked his arm playfully, going over to his seat to pack his bag and go off to lunch. "Yeah yeah, you're the special one. Are we going to lunch or-" his eyes widened when he turned around, seeing me leap up into the air and tackle Sehun into a bear hug, the momentum almost pushing us both falling onto the ground. Instead, he only swerved sideways, arms flinging to my back to catch me and spinning both of us around, my legs flinging out behind me. "Thank you so much Sehun!"

Luhan slowly turned to Chanyeol, who was looking at me with the same astonishment as Luhan, and the two guys stared at each other silently before turning back to us. 

Sehun slowly let me down, laughing. "You're welcome. Teaching you actually helped me study as well, so it's a win-win." He reached over to fix his hair and sweater before reaching over to fix my hair as well. "You look like you got struck by lightning," he remarked, smoothing down my hair. The simple gesture and close proximity sent goosebumps along my skin, and I swallowed hard to calm myself down. He's just being helpful like his usual self. Nothing more, Kyungmi.

"Do I...know you?" We both turned to see the other two guys staring at us like deer caught in headlights.

I laughed and walked over to them, test paper still clutched tightly in my hand. "You two are so dramatic!" I reached a finger and poked the two between their eyebrows before slipping behind them to get my backpack.

"I don't know you anymore, Kyungmi. You were so calm and serene back then, and now you're like" Luhan gestured his hand at my hair, "this." He blinked twice and grabbed Chanyeol's bag from its place in his seat and tossed it over to him. Chanyeol was still in a daze, so the bag smacked the side of his head and dropped onto the ground.

Sehun burst out laughing and walked over, picking the back up from the ground to hand to him as he rubbed his head after the pain registered, glaring at Luhan. "Yah, Kyungmi, I helped you with all the other subjects! I don't see you uttering a single word of gratitude to me," he said, seemingly miffed by my action.

"Well, we didn't have tests on any of those subjects. Besides, I did thank you! I bought you lunch!" I retorted, zipping up my bag and walking over to him, pulling his hand away from the side of his face to examine the damage. "You have an imprint of the zipper on your temple," I giggled, pressing my thumb against the spot and giving it a good rub in an attempt to fade it.

"What? A mark? YAH LUHAN!" Chanyeol whipped his head over, getting ready to strangle the male. Luhan took one look at Chanyeol and burst out laughing, running to hide behind Sehun. "I dare you to hit Hunnie! You wouldn't dare~"

"Why you-" his sentence was left unfinished as he took a running leap at the two, tackling them all to the ground in a mess of arms and legs squirming about. I slung my bag over my shoulder and texted Kyungsoo to wait for us outside the university's doors. He texted back saying that he'll be bringing over three friends, if that was okay with us. 

I looked over at the three, who were currently lying on the floor of the room, laughing and shook my head, smiling, knowing that they'll definitely be fine with it. I was about to type yes when I thought of myself. My fingers paused above the keyboard and I pondered for a moment. Two months ago, I'd definitely say no and back out of the meeting, but that was then. I've returned to normal now.

I sent a yes to him and walked over to the three guys, leaning down to look at them. "Get up, children, Kyungsoo and company's waiting for us outside. You're rolling around on the dirty floor," I said, scrunching my nose.

"Hey! I'm the oldest out of the four of us, you little-" Sehun covered Luhan's mouth and got up from the floor, dragging the older male up with him. "Now now, don't swear at the girl." Luhan slapped his hand away and spluttered, "Who said I was going to swear? I was going to say 'you little fox'." They launched into another arguement and I sighed exasperately, turning away from them and walking towards the door, waving my phone in the air. "Kyungsoo's waiting, I'm leaving."

Chanyeol ran up to me and slung an arm over my shoulders, grinning down at me. "Wait for me, and let's ditch those two little kids." With that, he took hold of my arm and pulled me out of the room, starting our trek to the front doors. 

 

 

We finally reached the front doors and searched around for the car, struggling to recognize Kyungsoo's car. Chanyeol squinted and turned back to me, "How many people is Kyungsoo bringing?"

"I think he said three," I said, checking my text message. Confirming it, I nodded and looked back at him to see him slightly forwning. "What?"

"Well, we're already a group of four here, and I'm pretty sure that kid doesn't have a van," said Chanyeol, looking around. "so he's probably using my car as well. Look for my car, and you'll probably see his."

Sure enough, by the time we spotted Chanyeol's car, we saw Kyungsoo's familiar black Kia next to it. By then, Luhan and Sehun had already caught up to us and the four of us started to walk over to the two cars. I saw Kyungsoo step out and put his phone to his ear, and realized that he was calling me when my phone rang.

"Kyungmi, where are you? We've been waiting for ten minutes," Kyungsoo complained over the phone. I laughed as I could clearly see his expression and him stomping his foot on the pavement.

"I had to take care of the kids. I'm right behind you," I replied, and hung up as he turned around. His eyes lit up and he did a small cheer.

"Finally! We're all hungry here," Kyungsoo muttered unhappily, gesturing to the car. Curious, I leaned over a bit to look into the car, but failed to make out any faces. "Who are your friends?" I asked.

Kyungsoo made an 'O' with his mouth and went over, opening one of his car doors. "Guys! Get out and meet my friends," he pulled his head back out from the car and smiled sheepishly at us. "Sorry, forgot to make some introductions."

Two guys stepped out of the car and the other stepped out of Chanyeol's car, and my eyes widened in recognition upon landing on a familiar blonde haired male. I ran up to him and threw my arms around him, squishing him in a tight hug, letting out a delighted shriek. "Suho!" He laughed and hugged me back tightly, ruffling my hair affectionately. "Surprise, I transferred to your university."

"You hid it from me!" I exclaimed, pulling back and staring at him wide eyed. He smiled and patted my head, nodding his head. "Yeah, my pleasant surprise for you," he wiggled his eyebrows cockily. I scoffed at him, but could not keep the grin off of my face. "You are such a narcissist, Suho."

Kyungsoo looked at us, surprised, while Luhan and Chanyeol stared wide eyed at me again.

"You guys know each other?"

"See? She's doing it again!"

I laughed as both of them spoke at once, overlapping each other. "Yeah, we're close childhood friends," I smiled, linking my arm with Suho's. Kyungsoo nodded and pointed to the two other guys, who up until now have been looking around a bit confusedly. "This is Baekhyun and Chen. We're Drama buddies." Both of them gave a slight bow and greeted us warmly.

"So I got Suho to drive Yeol's car over here after I realized we all wouldn't fit in my car, " Kyungsoo said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Are you all sitting in his car then?" I stayed silent and kept my hold on Suho, looking down.

Suho noticed and laughed, reaching over to nudge my head lightly. "Aigoo, we can catch up later, you little introve-" he paused and scanned the situation. "You've been hanging around guys all this time? And you're louder, smiling more. It's only been two months, too." He stopped and looked at me, eyebrows raised in surprise. "You've changed!"

Chanyeol laughed and slung an arm over my shoulders. "Our friend Lay got this little introvert out of her shell at a session of Noraebang," he said proudly. Suho looked at us and raised his eyebrows. "Lay? He's pretty much an introvert himself. That's pretty impressive," he said approvingly.

"Oh, you know Lay too?" asked Chanyeol surprised. I nodded. "Yeah, how do you know Kyungsoo as well? You never told me this!"

"We were all neighbours and went to the same school before I moved," explained Suho, "way back in elementary school. You wouldn't know them anyway, so I didn't mention them." We turned around at the sound of a car horn to see everyone in the two cars already, Kyungsoo pointing at his watch from inside the car. The three of us blinked and Chanyeol moved to the driver's seat of his car, leaving only and Suho. I frowned and turned to walk with Chanyeol, looking back at Suho, unsure. He smiled and nodded, giving a short wave. "We'll catch up later!"

 

 

"So tell me, Oppa," I asked while slurping happily on my udon noodles, looking over at Suho, "why did you transfer to my university?"

He turned over and gave me a sidelong glance before returning his attention to his own meal. "Well, I realized that your university had more course options than the one I went to, so..." he shrugged, "with some last minute tweaks, I was able to come over. Plus, you seemed so dead in the beginning, complaining about this and that almost everyday, I felt like if I left you alone for just one second, you'd go crazy."

The group of guys blinked at him, then me, and I turned red under their gazes. Slapping Suho's arm, I was increasingly more alarmed when they started laughing. "Yah, Suho! Y-you want to die?" I stuttered, reaching over to strangle Suho's neck. He choked on his rice and moved his hands to his neck, prying my fingers off of him and instead twisting me around so that I was now trapped under his hold on me. "Nope, you couldn't kill me if you tried," he grinned down on me, with half of my body on his lap while my legs dangled off the side of my chair. 

"Whoa, Suho, I didn't know you were like this towards girls!" Kyungsoo gasped, staring at the two of us in surprise. Chen and Baekhyun looked at us in amusement while Sehun and Chanyeol were shaking each other and pointing to me, eyes wide yet again. I struggled in Suho's grip and sank my teeth on his wrist lightly, causing him to yelp and release one of his hands on me. I snickered and took that as an opportunity to swung a foot around the leg of the table to pull myself up, but he was faster and lunged forward, arms around my waist and yanked me onto his lap. We ended up in a weird position with my head hanging off of his lap, both of my wrists bound by one of his hands, and holding me secure by placing his thigh over both of my legs. "YAH!" I yelled at him, kicking my legs to no avail.

We noticed the silence around the table and looked up to realize that everyone had stopped eating and were staring at us, frozen. Chen was the first one to speak. "Suho! Stop abusing girls already!" Baekhyun shook his head, smiling, and got up from his seat. "I'm going to the washroom. If anything happens, for the record, I was in no part of this," he chuckled and left.

Kyungsoo threw his hands up in the air. "Man, you're not even like this towards us guys, yet you're half strangling Kyungmi to death here." I shook my arms in his grip and squeaked, "Get him off of me then!" Kyungsoo and Chen got up, with the former pulling me off of the chair while the latter detangled us. After I got up, I brushed my hair and patted my clothes, giving Suho a glare, who just grinned back in response. "I'll get you, just wait."

I turned back to see Chanyeol looking at me with his eyes slightly narrowed while Sehun had his mouth agape. "Are you two...dating?" 

"That guy?" I spluttered in disbelief, pointing to Suho who was faking an innocent expression. "I'd rather be a cat lady, thank you very much."  Suho pretended to be hurt, holding a hand to his chest and faking a sob. "But Jagiya-"

"Ew, quit it already!" I interuppted, throwing a napkin at his face as he erupted in laughter. "You're making my fingers curl."

"Just kidding, no we aren't dating," Suho said to Sehun after he calmed down, "like I said before, we're just childhood friends. We've grown really close together as children, so we play around like siblings." Sehun nodded slowly in understanding, but I noticed that Chanyeol didn't have his usual cheerful expression and instead was still looking at us with his eyes slightly narrowed. "What's wrong, Chanyeol?" I asked, waving a hand in front of his face. He blinked once and turned away shaking his head, drinking his Sprite. "Nothing."

"Oh...okay," I said uncertainly. Hearing my tone of voice, he turned to look at me and gave me a small smile.

 

 

Returning to the university, I separated from the boys to get some time with Suho alone. "Oppa, let's take a walk before I go to class," I say, grinning at him. He smiled back and nodding and we walked towards the field behind the main buildings. We walked for a bit in comfortable silence, both lost in our own thoughts, until I saw Suho give me a sidelong glance and scratch his head. Knowing him for years, I knew he wanted to tell me something, but was hesitant. "What is it?" I asked.

He sighed and stopped to turn to me. "Look, I really don't want to spoil your mood or anything, but I worry about you-I care about you. And I want to talk to you about...Sihyun." At the mention of his name, my expression darkened and I started to back away from he held onto my arm. "Kyungmi, please. Are you sure you're fine about it? Just a few months ago, you..." he trailed off and made a gesture with his free hand.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment before looking at him. "It still hurts, Suho, but I'm not going to let that stop me from smiling. Not when I have such wonderful friends around me." 

"That's another thing I wanted to say."

"Huh?" I looked at him confusedly. "What about them?"

He chewed on his bottom lip and shrugged. "Between Sehun and Chanyeol...is there something going on?" I blinked at him, not following.

"What do you mean?"

"I meant," he explained, "if you have a thing with one of those two." Thinking of that with Sehun, my heart suddenly raced, and I continued to look confused. Why is my heart beating so fast? It's not like I like him in that way...do I? 

Shaking the thoughts away, I shook my head slowly. "No...why?" He glanced at me closely, and seeing how blank my expression was, he leaned back and waved a hand. "Nevermind, I'll tell you later on. I guess there's going to be more surprises coming your way."


I'm really sorry I haven't updated in so long Q___Q I have seriously been busy and am looking for a co author. This chapter might seem scattered and that's because I couldn't finish it in one setting. Please forgive me T______T Thank you so much for bearing with me! I plan on talking about Kyungmi's past with Sihyun in the next chapters before getting Sehun and Chanyeol involved C: Please wait patiently, I'm trying my best! If you're interest to co author, pleasse let me know! I'd be ever so grateful (:

xx, BeatofWings