[4] The End

The Vet and His Blind Mistress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae and Chaewon began dating then. 

It took them half a year to settle in together. Day by day Chaewon received lots of love from Jongdae's parents. Minhyuk hated the idea but gave in when Chaewon convinced him otherwise, though he began to show support for her and their relationship, he was still angry at Jongdae. 

But beside that, everything was going well. Everything except one major thing was missing. 

They're still yet to marry. 

Jongdae's father had announced that he has found new eyes for Chaewon, and that she was to go through surgery first for it. And if it's a success then she'll be able to see herself in her wedding dress with her husband beside her. 

After all it was a life commitment event. 

"Are you really going to continue being a model? When are you going to tell him about those old erts?" 

Chaewon and Minhyuk were sitting on a bench hidden somewhere in a nature-friendly park. Chaewon smiled at the thought of Jongdae and Minhyuk's caring words. 

"It was the only thing easy thing I was good at Minhyuk. I just had to stand and move accordingly to what I've been told. It's easier than any other jobs, don't you agree?" 

Minhyuk sighed, "Sure, but don't forget. You may have the skills and talents for posing even when you're blind, but these old farts only look at your face and figure." 

"Minhyuk....Don't forget, father said he have found eyes for me. I may be able to see again. They won't be able to use me anymore because I'll be able to see again."

"That is if you see again." 

"Yeah....If I do see, I'll be able to see you for the first time too." 

Minhyuk scoffed a breathy smile, "Of course, and you'll regret refusing someone as handsome as me." 

Chaewon only smiled at his proud statement, "That's why I want to see what you look like." 

Minhyuk's smile faded, "But when are you getting the surgery?" 

Chaewon shrugged, "Father said soon, but I don't know how soon." 

"I see. Well until then, enjoy your time with him. When you see him I'm sure you'll change your mind from him to me." 

"Minhyuk, Jongdae's my fiance...." 

"I was only kidding." 

Weeks later. 

The surgery was set for tomorrow in the afternoon. 

A week later. 

Jongdae was sprinting through the hospital halls. 

It was the day; they were going to remove the bandages around Chaewon's eyes. 

It was the first day to see whether she can see again or not. 

Jongdae ran toward the door of the hospital room. Inside he saw his father unwrapping the endless bandages around Chaewon's shut eyes. He noticed Minhyuk sitting on the couch across from them. 

As their gazes met, Minhyuk shook his head. Sending him a 'why are you late you bastard?' look. Jongdae ignore him and focus on Chaewon. 

She was sitting so still and straight on the seat in her knee cut dress. Her long black hair was still as wavy as usual. Something that Jongdae has always liked about her. She fit wavy rather than straight hair. 

On the side, Jongdae also met his mother's gaze, who was also present and was the most excited to see her daughter-in-law getting good eyes. 

She gestured for Jongdae to follow her for a moment. As they left the room, the only ones left were Jongdae's dad, Chaewon, Minhyuk, and two other nurses. 

In the hall Jongdae was looking down to meet his mother's eyes. Her arms were crossed over her chest. "Why were you late? Didn't I warn you to show up early? Chaewon was looking for you earlier." She scolded. 

"Sorry I had customers. That's why we should go in now, now that I'm here-"

"No, I need to send you on a short errand."

"What is it?" 

"Go buy Chaewon a ring." 

"Right now?" 

"Yes right now hurry. I would have send you earlier if you have came earlier." 

Their conversation turned into angry hushes in a matter of seconds. 

"But how can I do right now?!" 

"Because we do not know if Chaewon will be able to see or not! So go now, propose to her after even if she can't or can't see! You love her don't you? Then at least show her that much no matter what the results are!"

"But can't I go after?!" 

"No! I said go now! After you won't have the time to go buy one since you'll be staying with her!" 

Jongdae couldn't argue anymore, "Fine, I'll be back in a bit then." His mother nodded and pet his head. 

"Hurry." She said softer this time. 

Jongdae's mother entered the room, right when her husband was just done with removing all of the wraps.

"It may hurt a little at first but try opening your eyes." Chaewon heard her father-in-law said. Minhyuk was now standing closer to Chaewon. 

Once the wraps were off, Chaewon's vision under her eyelids were blinded with whiteness. Mainly from the brightness of the room, lite by the earth's main light source; the sun. 

Due to excitement, Chaewon tried to open her eyes quickly. Instead she winced when the bright light stung her eyes. Minhyuk kneal in front of her, looking up at her slowly, encouraging her quietly. 

Jongdae's parents watched in silent, as they knew Minhyuk was her only good friend.

"Try again, slower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter