[1]

The Vet and His Blind Mistress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wooden door to a plain brown house flew wide open releasing conflict of fighting and pushing when an old little lady was seen beating the back of a man, who was at least a foot taller than she was. "Get out! Get out I say and don't ever come back!" When she succeeded in hurling him out of her home she slammed the door in front of his face. The man threw his body against the door; banging and knocking on it.

"Ms. Lee listen to me! Your puppy really needs to be moved to a better environment in order for her to be healthier! Ms. Lee!" The man called again. He had pitched black hair with high cheekbones, attractive on the outside; he was dressed in a black shirt, black jacket, and dark blue jeans. He gave up when there were no answer.

Then a familiar ringtone came from his pocket, he fished out his phone with his hand and without looking at the caller ID's, he answered it. "What?"

"Kim Jongdae, meet me at the usual."

"Why?"

"Have you heard? Super Junior's new song is out? I got the pre-ordered album!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah! I know they're your role models, so if you want this album for free you better hurry and come grab it before I sell it on Amazon!"

Jongdae his lips; trying to decide whether he should race for that free album or try to convince the woman inside the home otherwise. "Fine wait for me! I'm on my way." He snapped his phone shut and turned to face the door, "I'll come back soon."

With that he headed toward the cafe he and his closest friend always meet.

At one table a woman with heavy black eyeliner and wavy black hair sat silently. She stared ahead of her, except she wasn't seeing what was ahead. She was blind for as long as she could remember, yet she makes enough money to live in a mansion alone.

"Chaewon!"

She turned her head a little at the call of her name, she knew who was behind that voice. A friend of hers she had always thought of as a younger brother. She smiled when she heard him move into the seat across from her, gently nudging the table. "Chaewon, sorry did you wait long? Filming took longer than expected."

She shook her head keeping her smile, "It's okay Minhyuk, work should come first."

He leaned closer to her and smiled brightly, "I know but the thought of you being alone for a long period of time pains me. Especially when it was me who set up the time for our date. Anyway, should we order something to drink or eat? Let me know what you want, I'll pay today."

Before she could reply, the door to the cafe open and heavy footsteps entered, then as someone was about to pass her, he or she knocked over her white blind cane. Out of reflex she reached down for it, but felt someone's heavy breath against her soft cheek.

Jongdae froze when the side of Chaewon's face was too close to his. He was immersed in her beauty and the smooth and softness of her skin. Yet his hand fell over the stick and slowly he curled it into his palm using his slim fingers.

"Hey! Get away from her!" Minhyuk shot up from his seat, sliding his chair back.

"I-I'm sorry...." Jongdae apologized as he placed the stick around her hand and stood up slowly. She turned her head a little at his voice.

His friend, Kim Minseok, hurried over after witnessing the whole scene.

"Oh Jongdae." He said as he stood beside the lad,

"Sorry about that Miss, I didn't see your stick." Jongdae apologized again, this time Minhyuk scoffed as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"If you're really sorry then at least get down on your knees and apologize properly!" Minhyuk demanded.

"Hey aren't you being too much? It was an accident, my friend didn't purposely kick over your girlfriend's stick." Minseok stood up for Jongdae.

"Too much?" Minhyuk asked, this time Chaewon interfered.

"Minhyuk it's alright. It was an accident, he already apologize to me. Don't make a big scene in here." She said looking toward his direction. The man heaved a hateful sigh.

"Chaewon, to you it may have been an accident but this man may be a crazy fan of yours. He purposely-"

"Who's a fan of whose? Choose your words carefully." Minseok warned, the man gritted his teeth.

"If your friend here isn't some fanboy of my Chaewon then who-?!"

"Minhyuk I said that's enough!" She raised her voice this time, "Nevermind, let's just go elsewhere." She insisted. Minhyuk walked over to her side and helped her up. As they were walking by, he turned to Jongdae and smirked a little before leaving.

Minseok raised a fist, "I should have ack him! Jongdae don't mind them, it's not new to meet a rude person like him in Seoul."

Jongdae turned to face his friend, "I know Minseok. Now where's that album I came for?"

Minseok smiled this time, he gestured toward a table with a black backpack, "It's in there."

Minhyuk was holding onto Chaewon's stick in one hand, while his other was resting in his pocket, she had her arm hooked around the same arm. They walked together along the side of a water fountain, some resting areas, and mazes made of waist-height green bushes.

Chaewon smiled as the passing gentle, wind kiss her soft milky skin.

"Chaewon." Minhyuk started earning a hum from her, "We've been friends for a while and I know you'd want to follow your parents' dying wishes but if you're not going to....How about reconsidering my confession?"

Minhyuk's confession was freshed in her mind, though it happened more than a year ago just a year after their first encounter. Because Minhyuk is an actor and she is a model, they've come across each other's paths to work on one project together. Through that meet, Minhyuk was the first to reached out to Chaewon and treated her kindly, even looking after her.

Then it was a year after they met where Minhyuk confessed his feelings for Chaewon, but was rejected when she told him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter