Debating Companion

The Series Of Silent Inflection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day in the children section was chaotic. And that terrible fate was multiplied by five. Jungkook stare in disbelief upon his schedule. How could someone so occupied be able to attend a two-hour session of nursing kids? Moreover, the schedule asked for five days in a week?

Jungkook stomped his way towards the doctor’s office. He had proved his points towards his manager as well as his therapist. And yes, that involves a few commanding voicse and smashing of glasses and beautiful expensive vases. Not that it matters.

Hands clutching the doorknob of the double door that leads out of the area, Jungkook readied himself with his speech. It was then he realized Taehyung pulled him away from the door.

“What are you doing?” Jungkook snapped. “Get your hands off me!”

Taehyung obliged, releasing his hands on the latter’s wrist. His index finger touched on his pouting lips as he shushed the angered male. “We’re playing hide and seek. Stay under cover.” Taehyung whispered.

“W-What?!” Jungkook raised his voice, cut off by Taehyung’s palm pressing between his lips. His voice muffled by the gesture, even so, Taehyung heard Jungkook mumbling words of ‘stupid’ and ‘I’ll kill you’.

Hearing the sounds of footsteps, Taehyung pulled Jungkook to the corner, where a small plastic house was located. The house was big enough to fit two adults. Hands still on Jungkook’s, Taehyung squeeze their bodies inside the playhouse.

“Don’t move.” Taehyung breathed. His eyes found a few gaps, used to spy on the ‘seeker’. Based on the fading footsteps, Taehyung confirmed that they are safe. “Kids can be vicious if they caught you.”

Still muffled, Jungkook thrashed and dig his fingers on Taehyung’s hands. The action immediately set his mouth free, and he screamed, “He’s here!”

That caught the attention of child’s seeker as they instantly push the house, revealing a sweating Taehyung and his partner. Jungkook gave Taehyung a smug look before he was pushed down by the kids.

They attacked his ticklish area with their little fingers and Jungkook submit defeat. He was laughing so hard that he swore he was crying from the attack. Beside him, Taehyung screamed and guffawed, laid on the soft mat with three children above him.

Taehyung’s eyes met Jungkook’s, teary from the laughing agony. He was smiling, flashing his perfect set of teeth. Jungkook resort to stand, struggling as he did so, but still manage to escape. He leaves Taehyung in the hands of the demonic children and ran to another corner.

“Don’t–“a laughter cut him off, “leave me–“another laughter accompanied him before he finishes, “Jungkook, help!”

Jungkook gasped, inhaling a good amount of air before he went back to the battle field. Four or five children now laid on Taehyung’s body, with another two girls playing with the latter’s hair.

The black haired man proceeded to circle his fingers on Taehyung’s wrist, dragging him off the kids. The children wailed in disagreement as they saw their favorite play are carried away from the match.

Jungkook helped Taehyung stands on his feet. The dampness of his palm suggests that it was a real struggle to fight when fifty finger is tickling your body while another twenty fingers are pulling your strands of hair. 

“Thanks, man.” Taehyung was gasping for air. “I told you they were vicious. You should have kept silent.”

“What’s the fun in that?” Jungkook smirked. Somehow, the image of kids attacking his annoying partner is enjoyable.

Taehyung regains his strength and straightened his posture. He was pouting, brows knitted and eyes narrowed. “What a friend you are.”

Jungkook’s face fell. Friends? He never agreed to such arrangements. “I am not your friend.”

The honey haired male whistled, attention shifted on the children’s song that occupies the room. Jungkook make a mental note that Taehyung may suffer from attention disorder. He opted to suggest his doctor to help the man, but find that a tortured Taehyung is kind of fun.

“Are you even listening?” Jungkook asked. “Never mind. You’re an idiot and you know that.”

Taehyung turned his face, eyes staring at Jungkook. “How did the parrot tells the others that it’s raining?” Jungkook shot him a confused look. Taehyung rolled his eyes and said, “Obviously it’s wet, so there’s no use of telling.”

“And how is that related to your stupidity?”

Lips pursed with a satisfaction smile, Taehyung answered, “Because I can answer my own question.”

“You’re impossible.” Jungkook shakes his head, sighing from Taehyung’s declaration.

Taehyung smiled, one that Jungkook find stupid. Because that smile is so surreal and sincere, very optimistic and dense. It was as if nothing ever hurt him, not even a bite of an ant could sweep it off Taehyung. 

“You left a piece of paper on the mat. I saved it before the kids play with it.” Taehyung hold out the paper, revealing the content. “To do list?” Taehyung eyes scanned the sentence.

Jungkook tried to grasp at his paper, only to find himself tip toeing as Taehyung hold it up, too high for his height. “Give it back, weirdo!”

“Make a friend. Be friendly to strangers….” Taehyung reach for a pen, marking on the paper. “Checkmate!” Taehyung gave the paper back and sauntered back towards the kids.

Jungkook watched him and turn his gaze down on his paper. The “Make a friend’ was crossed out. Angered, Jungkook wrote the words back. There’s no way he can consider Taehyung as a friend. Obviously, there are no chemistry. And friends are all about chemistry, isn’t it?

 

 

Thankful for Jungkook’s schedule, he was out of the building in a half an hour of the end of his volunteering shift. Standing idly by the front area of the hospital, a chauffeur pulled up by the side and step out to open the door for him. Jungkook entered the car, acknowledging his brother sharing the same car with him.

“You look awful.” Hoseok commented. “I guess it must be true that kids all the youth in you.”

Jungkook scoffed, irritated. “Do you want to trade places? I’ll be happy to do all your assignments.”

“Do it, then. But I won’t do your baby sitting work.” Hoseok chimed. He leaned back on his seat and winked when Jungkook shot him a look. “You look adorable when you’re mad. Do you know that?”

Jungkook shakes his head, seemingly tired of his brother’s teasing. He pulled out the list of paper and gave it to the older. “Make me a new and refreshing list. This is as lame as your assignment.”

Hoseok clutched his chest, face cringing in a manner to show his brother that he was hurting. “A kind brother I am, for filling in your life achievement list. I have to tell your doctor for extra credit.” The smirk in Hoseok’s face is enough to make Jungkook freeze in his place.

“A word out and I am not talking to you for the rest of my life.” The younger said sternly.

“Oh, very convincing. Maybe I should add ‘Adopt a dozen kittens’ and ‘Be a lonely grandma’.” Hoseok fell silent, smiling slowly and stare at Jungkook with hopeful eyes. “You made a friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter