The Surprising Encounter

The Series Of Silent Inflection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His dark hair reflects the moonlight that lit from the windows. Jeon Jungkook, or known as a gifted pianist, recite his melodies in the middle of the night. Clad in his white buttoned shirt – untucked against his pants, he was still except for the fluid movement of his avid fingers running on the piano keys.

His lashes framed his dark eyes, as well as a patch of fatigues covering just below his lower eyelids. Inspiration always hit him at this ungodly hour. And that threat his older brother to stand by the large arch of their living room.

“Keep it down, will you?” the older hissed. “You’re waking the neighbors.”

Jungkook’s fingers stopped, head turning towards the source of the voice. “They should feel grateful to hear my new masterpiece.”

“Father will not tolerate a report from the police this time. I’ve covered you last time, I don’t want to do it anymore.”

Jungkook stands from the stool, playing with the keys of the piano one by one. The melody reverberates around the room like it was mocking his brother’s request. A slow smirk formed on his face.

“You’re done being a shadow of mine, Hoseok?” Jungkook’s tone was low. His eyes gaze upon his messily haired brother –apparently Jungkook’s late night practice contributes to his lack of sleep.

“No.” Hoseok snorted. He stride towards his brother and pull him away from the piano. “You’re driving me insane.” He muttered as they walk along the empty hallway.

Jungkook let his brother pull him towards his room, which is located right across his brother’s. As they reached their allocated room, Jungkook bowed his head and reach to open the door.

Hoseok claimed his elbow and once again, Jungkook gave him an impassive look. “Don’t worry about it. I got your back, remember?”

“Of course. I just need a lame bucket list to accomplish. “

Hoseok pulled his brother into an embrace, hands slowly the back of Jungkook’s head. “No one is going to abandon you. Especially not me.”

Jungkook pushed his brother, face frowning. “Comforting me won’t change the fact that I am worried about my future. Thus the bucket list exists, occupying me from this terrible fate.”

“Jungkook.” Hoseok searched for words, anything to comfort his step brother. “I’ll be here for you if you need anything, okay? It is not the end of the world for you.”

Jungkook nodded curtly before he bid him goodnight. He sauntered into his dark bedroom, sheer white curtain flowing by the night’s breeze. It framed the floor to ceiling windows, casting the busy city lights into his lonely room.

Resting his hands on the glass, he traced his finger aimlessly. Life for Jungkook had always been on top, a well-respected artist that people bound to chase for contract agreement. Given his accomplishment at a young age, he never felt the rough side of the world.

The advantage of his mother marrying one of the richest man in the city provided him with classes to polish his talents. Due to his lack of experiencing teenager life, Jungkook wakes up every day with thoughts of his bright music career.

And the mere thoughts of failing his only passion for music scares him.

 

 

Sunlight lit a bright Tuesday morning, quite typical for parents late for work and students in uniforms with heavy books in their bags. A honey haired boy stepped out of his house, twirling around his little parade of garden front porch. His mother bid him farewell before he set to start his typical day of college.

He rummaged his pocket, taking out a folded piece of paper with amusement. Kim Taehyung is a cheerful and positive lone son of a normal middle-class family. Life is always sunny in his perception, never a dull one. And he vow to make his summer holidays filled with exciting adventures.

Taehyung strolled around the calm street, cornering to the side with ease as he walk the path to his college. He unfolded the paper and recite the information. His eyes moved along the words, lips whispering every each sentences.

Just as he walked carelessly, a loud honk behind him rang his ears. Taehyung turned and caught the sight of a man in his thirties stepping out of the car. The car was shiny black, luxurious and arrogant looking like the owner itself.

However, from the man’s attire, Taehyung observed that he was the chauffeur though his face still screams annoyance and irritation. He approach the teenage boy and gave him a crooked smile.

“Are you hurt, sir?”

Taehyung shook his head, holding the paper tight before his chest. The chauffeur nods and step back into the car. Taehyung’s eyes followed the passenger seat behind the man, revealing two males inside.

Both are black haired, though they differ in height and size. A male with broader shoulder faced straight, revealing his side profile.  While the other gaze out of the window on the opposite sides, not even a glimpse of his face can be seen.

The side faced male turned his face and Taehyung caught him staring, giving him an apologetic smile. It was then he knew that the car belonged to none other than the sons of a successful and rich Jung Holdings.

The man’s smiling face made Taehyung return the gesture, waving as a reflex. And surprisingly, he waved back before the car sped off the street and out of view.

The honey haired male shifted his focus back on the piece of paper. The idea of volunteering in nursing sick kids made his insides tingle. He knew kids are a bunch of hyper ball and their behavior are beyond control. But that didn’t stop him. Kids could be his new adventures.

“I like his hair, Jungkook. Maybe I should bleach my hair.” Hoseok chirped, nudging the ever silent brother of his on the ribs.

“Do it and dad will disown you, Hoseok.” Jungkook’s gaze kept on the fast moving scenery. “I really hate Tuesday.”

“That’s what you said yesterday too.”

Jungkook shot his brother an aggravating look. “That literally mean I hate mornings. I would like a late night lesson but no tutor is available for my request.”

“No one cares enough to stay late just for your silly lesson.” Hoseok snorted. “Not even a million dollar. No one have the time and energy.”

“I do.”

“That’s because you don’t have a life.”

“Hoseok!” Jungkook snapped, glowering at Hoseok with bloodshot eyes. His eyelids are circled dark, given his late inspiration last night. “I accomplished more than your social life.”

Hoseok chuckled and throw an arm over Jungkook’s shoulder, pulling him closer. “There are more things to do other than tapping keys.” His grip tightened when Jungkook tried to escape and he continued, “Are you done with your bucket list?”

Struggling, Jungkook managed to reply, “It’s not that I have a choice. Its part of my therapy!”

Hoseok let out a hearty laughter, eyes shiny with anticipation. “Do you want me to fill in parts of the list?”

Jungkook’s silence indicate his refusal to accept his brother’s offers. His eyes wanders back to the fast moving scenery outside. His therapist’s words kept him unfocused, distressing him enough to hinder new addition of melody in his piece.

The smaller boy’s hand slowly crept inside his jacket’s pocket, taking out a folded piece of paper. He remembered the therapist’s advice to join the volunteer, as a way for him to understand that the world doesn’t revolve only for Jeon Jungkook.

The fame and respect Jungkook earned does not concern the well-accomplished boy, however, he suffered a great deal of stress for a boy of his age. Instead of hanging out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter