nine;

Green, Black, White

Kibum just walked out of his house and Heechul’s for the first time since he recovered from the light fever (though he made up a little part). Once he said he wasn’t that sick anymore, Heechul immediately kicked him out of the house to buy some kitchen things and fresh foods since he said I’ve been ed up with canned meats and instant micro-waved foods, Kibum.

 

Heechul didn’t even mind that the rain just began (and now was slowing down), he kept on saying that Kibum was genius enough not to let him fall into the same ‘sickness hole’ for the second time.

 

Kibum grunted lightly as he ran towards a pavement to protect himself from the rain. He straightened the umbrella once he stood in a safe place, and immediately water poured out from the umbrella’s wet part. People were standing around him as well, just trying to hide themselves from the rain.

 

He lightly puffed his cheeks when he tied the umbrella back again, turning it around so that the pointy tip faced the asphalt. Behind Kibum was a restaurant or café, he didn’t exactly know even after having the place only five until ten minutes driving from his house.

 

Nanny’s Pavillon, wasn’t it? Heechul took him there once when he was still on his high school years; it wasn’t a too long time ago that he just took his third semester of college now. But his memory still remembered that all kinds of chocolate beverages in this place were nice.

 

Kibum leaned his side on the glass wall of the restaurant, casually pulling his phone out of his jeans’ pocket. The screen was a bit watery and he wiped it with his shirt’s corner, his index finger reached a button to turn the screen on.

 

 

3 new messages:

 

08:14 Heenim: idk but

08:14 Heenim: KIBUM I NEED TO TURN ON THE STOVE BUT YOU TOOK OFF THE CABLE OR SOMETHING.

08:15 Heenim: come back asap or ill burn down yer kitchen

 

 

Kibum lifted his palm to cover his mouth when he laughed at the spam. He leaned his head on the wall as he pressed the reply button, and—

 

His eyes accidentally caught a glint of someone sitting inside the café, his side facing Kibum but he could recognize the person clearly. The body posture, the head, the back, wasn’t it Lee Hyukjae?

 

Kibum squinted and looked closer at the restaurant. Yes, it was definitely Lee Hyukjae, he remembered talking to that guy last year. He remembered Heechul telling him that Hyukjae’s house wasn’t that far from their house, he remembered that Hyukjae lived in a house with one tall, giant-ish roommate.

 

But the guy in front of Hyukjae wasn’t huge, Kibum swore, he was small.

 

Kibum remembered well that Heechul told him the Hyukjae things. Hyukjae had one cursed boy living in house for a moment. Was the boy in front of Hyukjae the cursed boy? He wouldn’t have to think these kinds of weird speculations if he saw Hyukjae with someone, he might just laugh because the gossip that Hyukjae’s a playboy as hell had spread. But this might be the cursed boy.

 

Hyukjae and the boy weren’t moving at all, he saw. All they did was just staring at each other in complete silence (as what Kibum concluded), but suddenly Hyukjae spoke which could be seen by his head moving a little and a bit of changes in the boy’s expression.

 

Kibum aimed his eyes towards the boy. The boy was foreign, he could swear on it. His hair was long, he seemed to be only Hyukjae-around height, and Kibum didn’t know if they were such contact lenses or not, the boy’s eyes were green. ing green.

 

Kibum’s fingers that were frozen in front of his phone’s screen slowly moved to reply Heechul’s text.

 

 

Hyung, idk if this is right or not but…

 

 

XVI

 

Siwon folded his hands and stared at Donghae who was timidly standing in front of him, his head slowly moved to protest. “No, Hyukjae-ya. I’ve told you that the purple one was better.”

 

Hyukjae who stood beside Siwon shook his head and said as he stared at the taller man, “Who in the world would wear purple shirts?”

 

The three of them were choosing clothes for Donghae –well; now it might be ‘the two’ because Donghae just followed their so-against-each-other will. Hyukjae and Siwon even fought for the placement of buttons, the brand stitch behind the neck, and now in Uniqlo the two were fighting because of color.

 

“Yah, Donghae-ya!” Siwon spoke a bit loud to Donghae. “Pick one, that ugly red shirt or this purple one?”

 

They made Donghae confused, of course. Donghae thought for a while before finally scratched his head a little and spoke with a wide grin, “Can’t choose…”

 

The shopping day went like that. Hyukjae ended up snatching both shirts and walked alone towards the cashier to just buy both for Donghae (problem solved). Hyukjae, Siwon and Donghae now walked towards an ice cream stall on the same floor with the Uniqlo.

 

There weren’t too many people in the ice cream stall, so the seats were still available. Hyukjae immediately approached a seat nearby to save it from people taking while Siwon was ordering (while yelling at the two what were their orders though), and unexpectedly Donghae followed him to sit beside him.

 

Hyukjae smiled a little and scouted towards the side so Donghae’s space would be larger. Donghae sat down bouncily and once the two were sitting, Donghae said, “Thank you for today!”

 

A small smile escaped Hyukjae’s lips though he didn’t expect it. “No need to thank us, Donghae.”

 

“But you help me so much, I need to thank you!” Donghae shook his head and widened his eyes a little. Hyukjae would kill himself because of thinking like that, but that was adorable.

 

“Thank me then,” Hyukjae answered and lifted his chin.

 

Donghae smiled wider and nodded, but slowly the nod faded away as the smile disappeared. Hyukjae twitched his eye in confuse when Donghae did that, but he laughed instead after Donghae said, “How should I thank you?”

 

 “You look like my nephew!” Hyukjae squealed lightly as he hugged Donghae’s head, laughing so hard. Donghae groaned with his light voice and tried to push Hyukjae away, but Hyukjae was too strong compared with his light and diffuse muscles.

 

Thankfully Siwon came to interrupt. Though it was unintended, but it saved Donghae from Hyukjae’s super-clenching lock. Donghae lightly grunted and straightened his strangled collar, still with his eyes squinting at Hyukjae.

 

I was crazy, Donghae thought. He was definitely a mad man back then for blushing in reflects when Hyukjae just overrated the skinship a little. He was a mad man back then when his heart beat faster when Hyukjae did those…

 

Donghae blinked to shift his mind and immediately glanced at Hyukjae. Hyukjae didn’t even mind everything seriously, the older man was now chattering gladly about the ice cream and how nice cookies and cream was.

 

Hyukjae’s laugh echoed inside Donghae’s ear. Those plump small lips were now endlessly speaking to Siwon, and his hand scooped the ice cream with the tiny spoon. He was still chuckling when he aimed the spoon towards his mouth, feeding himself the cold and icy ice cream, accidentally leaving some whitey tracks around his red lips.

 

Donghae’s cheek grew a bit red and he immediately shook his head to shoo away the thought. He pulled the ice cream cup which had been put in front of him closer to him; slowly raising it to eat it. When Siwon asked him what flavor he wanted, he randomly said vanilla just because he was… confused? Or was he too excited to just sit beside Hyukjae?

 

He was busy thinking unimportant things when suddenly Hyukjae’s voice snapped, “How’s yours?”

 

“Huh?” Donghae immediately looked at Hyukjae with surprised gaze, worrying that he had missed something or whatever. But he knew it wasn’t something serious when Hyukjae pointed Donghae’s ice cream with his spoon and said, “How’s the vanilla one?”

 

Donghae blinked before finally taking another scoop. He thought for a while before finally saying, “A bit too sweet, but… delicious?”

 

“It’s not too sweet!” Siwon who had the same taste with him whined a little in disagree. Hyukjae widened his eyes, and then his next action was unexpected –either surprising, for Donghae.

 

The older man lengthened his hand and immediately snatched Donghae’s spoon to taste the ice cream. It was too late for Donghae to pull his cup because Hyukjae had scooped some and now was eating it.

 

“Yah, how is it?” Siwon muttered.

 

Hyukjae thought for a moment before finally saying with his head looking at Siwon, “Yah, not too sweet your ! This is like a cup of frozen sugar, you know?”

 

Donghae tried hard to hold his laugh.

 

 

 

 

Heechul immediately slammed his hands on the table once he finished reading the message from the other Kim guy.

 

Lee Hongki who was currently visiting him in his house immediately flinched away in surprise. After a moment staring at the angry and ‘smoky’ Heechul for seeking an answer, he yelled, “Are you crazy? I nearly got a heart attack!”

 

“Heart attack your , read this and you’ll be as shocked,” Heechul muttered between his anger. He lifted his phone and without even being given eye contact, Hongki approached him and took the phone.

 

Hongki sat on the table and scrolled a little to open the message. “Let… me… guess. Another so-called insensitive girl who broke you up in only one side?”

 

“If it’s only a girl problem, do you think I’d be that angry?” Heechul looked at Hongki and groaned.

 

Hongki just smiled a little and continued scrolling. “Ah. From this Kibum guy?”

 

When Heechul didn’t answer, Hongki supposed it means a ‘yes’.

 

Hongki opened the message and the first thing he saw was the stove things and Heechul’s threat to burn down Kibum’s kitchen. He laughed on his breath, but his laugh stopped in an instant as he reached the newest messages.

 

 

Hyung, idk if this is right or not but I think I saw Hyukjae.

 

He’s with the cursed kid

 

Nanny’s Pavillon

 

Sitting together, eating

 

Are the ((cursed)) kid’s eyes ing green?

 

Another tall guy called Siwon comes. Does Hyukjae have another friend to hang out with except the Siwon guy and the new cursed kid?

 

I’m afraid you’ll have to make him kill the boy asap.

 

 

“This can’t be right,” Hongki murmured in shock.

 

Heechul groaned an ‘I know right!’ in his breath. He rubbed his face with his palms and slowly opened his mouth.

 

 

“There’s only one thing to make sure of it; ask Hyukjae.”

 

 

...

a/n:
ninth chapter woo! i'm updating at school so i have no time to beta it, sorry if there's still any mistakes lol.
thank you for those who read, subscribed, commented and upvoted!