four;

Green, Black, White

VI

 

The brownish coffee liquid came out of the transparent jar once the man lifted it, casually caused the coffee to drop away once or twice instead of get poured inside the mug on the table where he leaned his elbows. The man slowly put back the jar and continued speaking towards the phone he held between his head and his shoulder.

 

“Really?” he released a small chuckle with a slight sarcasm annoyance, and then he spoke again with his fingers massaging his head, “For a moment you’re a holy genius, and then you’re a ing . Heh, even worst, you’ve turned into a like forever.”

 

Kim Heechul sneered after a moment letting his talking opponent speaking. He continued, “That cursed girl is weak. You’ve got your damn gun. You brought your-”

 

The speaking opponent cut him in his speech, and then Heechul yelled a scold as a reply, “YOU LET HER GO, HANGENG! WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST KILL HER?!”

 

Anger took over his emotion. Heechul slammed the phone down its place when the man named Hangeng was still in the middle of his words (or yells as well), and then he groaned with his head laid back and his hands on his face. Hangeng, his working partner, just ruined a little piece of his plan and he disliked it so much he nearly hated the fact.

 

Heechul took the mug of coffee and downed it until the last drip. He shook his head in disbelief and anger when his head replayed Hangeng’s words, and then he clicked his tongue.

 

He was distracted by the sudden voice of the opened door, revealing a figure he had known without even have to look at it. The figure released a smooth and deep chuckle, and then the guy said, “You woke me up, hyung.”

 

Heechul’s lips curled up a little. He replied to the guy who was now entering his room, “Is that even a big deal?”

 

The guy raised his shoulder and said, “I’m not feeling well, you should’ve treated me special.”

 

“If letting you sleep for ten hours and waking you up by smoothly yelling towards someone that isn’t even you was considered treating you specially, well, I’ve been treating you so,” Heechul replied jokingly. “Come on, Kibum, you’re not even helping me these days.”

 

“Heavy cases?” Kibum muttered; he took a seat on the corner of the table. “I thought Kim Heechul is strong and tough, is ready to finish all cases without any helps from me, a college student,” he smirked a little.

 

Heechul scoffed and said, “Does my sarcasms influence you?”

 

“Just because you keep on blabbering those,” Kibum answered with a chuckle. “Come on, tell me. What’s up?”

 

Heechul leaned his back again; his fingers were playing with the mug’s handle. “It’s just Hangeng, that foolish. He let a cursed girl go.”

 

They were in a moment of silence, and then Kibum spoke, “I can see you still have some up.”

 

Heechul inhaled and started to speak after considering, “You remember Lee Hyukjae?”

 

Kibum nodded, “Uh-hum. He’s the one who works as a… doctor, if I’m not mistaken?”

 

Heechul nodded before he continued to speak, “He found one cursed kid. I don’t know what the hell is inside his head or what kind of Satan controlled him, but Hyukjae said that the cursed little boy would stay with him for a while and he even asked for four days, Kibum! He asked me to give him the damn four days before he would finally slaughter the kid, where he’s in a freaking opened position, a very easy one!!”

 

“Woah,” Kibum mumbled after a moment of silence, still he managed his emotion really nice. “Something special that made him protecting, maybe?”

 

Heechul massaged his head a little again. He lifted his shoulders in tiredness between his anger, and then he said with a groan, “I can’t understand that man.”

 

Kibum chuckled and went down the table to walk again. Heechul spoke again, “I’m serious, Kim Kibum, once you say you’re quite well, you really have to help me.”

 

“Ain’t a problem,” Kibum casually said.

 

“Oh, and fill my glass again, please?” Heechul said as he lifted his empty mug of coffee, smiling until the sweetest he could be.

 

“You bastard, Kim Heechul,” Kibum whispered jokingly without even mentioning the ‘hyung’ before finally taking the glass and bringing it towards the house’s kitchen.

 

 

VII

 

I will slice you if you don’t text me back a ing nice reason.

 

 

Hyukjae sighed and put his phone down. This was the minus point of working together with Kim Heechul, the perfectionist-said man, which he would haunt you down until your deepest soul for a job’s responsibility only because you asked a moment for him. Did he even have a piece of patience left in his head? Hyukjae thought so.

 

He decided not to text back because he expected no conversations. The phone call at Donghae’s arrival moment, exactly this morning, was enough. Moreover, the phrase ‘slice you if you don’t text me back’ was a metaphor.

 

Hyukjae went down the bed and walked towards the door, slowly opening it to go to the living room. Siwon was still there, working on his endless report although it has been nearly two at the afternoon, and Donghae was sitting at the sofa with his eyes nailed at the TV.

 

Ah, Lee Donghae. Yesterday night he was just another stranger; a person Hyukjae won’t even recognize the presence. But now, he’s likely a part of the house. He ate, he slept, he even took a bath in the same place where Hyukjae and Siwon did. It’s funny how things happen so fast.

 

“You’ve finished?” Hyukjae asked to Donghae as he approached the younger man, slowly placed himself to sit beside the green-eyed one. Donghae looked at Hyukjae in slight surprise, but then he nodded with a small grin.

 

Hyukjae poked Donghae’s wet hair. “I can’t believe you washed your hair in holidays,” he said and shook his head. “Usually I don’t even take a bath.”

 

“His hair’s long and good, isn’t it?” Siwon who was working on his task suddenly spoke without releasing his eyes.

 

Hyukjae mumbled an agreement. “Do you lengthen this or…?”

 

Donghae grinned either in happiness or sheepishness, and then he answered, “I do. I like it.”

 

“That’s great and unique,” Hyukjae said and whistled a little. He fixed his position a little to stare directly at the TV, but his mind went nowhere.

 

 

Lengthening your hair to hide your barcode? Sounds smart.

 

 

“You like unique things?” Donghae suddenly spoke up boldly with his eyes staring at Hyukjae, expecting for answers directly. Hyukjae was silently surprised, but then he chuckled a little.

 

“Of course I do,” Hyukjae said. “I myself am uniqueness, I mean, there’s really nothing wrong in being one, so why not liking it?”

 

“If be able of living after not taking a bath for two days means uniqueness, well, Hyukjae is the most unique,” Siwon spoke up which made Hyukjae laughed and cursed at Siwon.

 

The other two kept on talking back at each other about Hyukjae’s laziness, but Donghae shut his mouth and thought deep about Hyukjae’s previous words. If there is nothing wrong in being unique and different, so why not liking it?

 

Listening Hyukjae talking about accepting and things made Donghae feel like blabbering all things about him or whatever, but whenever he felt he’s ready for it, he found out that he was scared. For a moment he was all prepared to speak, but when he was in front of Hyukjae, his mouth got taped, his head went empty and his fingers went cold just by the thought of ‘speaking’.

 

Was this the thing people call ‘nervousness’? Or Donghae just didn’t want Hyukjae to know? Or was it another better case, was he just unprepared yet?

 

For Donghae, confessing a thing like this was a big, huge deal. Sometimes you have things inside you that aren’t even wrong, just unique or weird, but for admitting it you feel like you need a century. Why couldn’t he just go ‘I’m cursed, isn’t that cool?’ casually?

 

He was thinking about telling Hyukjae –and maybe with Siwon too, this thing by just inserting a word or two in the conversation. If Donghae didn’t tell them, that’s okay, but at least Donghae had to be brave if someday the two of them accidentally saw the barcode. Heh, even when Hyukjae poked it in accident, he jerked like a kitten which was rained by cold water.

 

The strange between laughing and gasping voice from Siwon cracked his deep thinking moment. Donghae immediately blinked, only to see Hyukjae who still managed to sit beside him, but with laughter along with Siwon.

 

Hyukjae looked at Donghae and spoke between his sniffles, “Isn’t it too hilarious?”

 

Donghae grinned awkwardly as a response because the truth was that he listened nothing when the two talked. Soon enough he didn’t remind himself to notice nor he had the urge to, but he drowned himself even deeper inside his thought.

 

It was the moment when he lived a ‘nice’ cursed life two days ago, but having tons of obstacles a day later without knowing that he would end up staying in a simple house of two older boys. He just knew, he just realized that attempting to run away from his real house gave a u-turn in a cursed life of his.

 

Would he be happy if he had never seen the u-turn?

 

 

 

a/n:
i'm depressed so yeah decided to write a little on this xD
thank you for the readers, subscribers, commenters and upvoters!