one;

Green, Black, White

I

 

His hands slowly moved his brunette locks which used to be hidden behind his head to slowly reach his clavicle. His small fingers rubbed the tips of the hair, and then he slowly lifted his head up to see his reflection portrayed on the mirror.

 

His tip of head virtually touched the corner of the mirror. Slowly he turned around with his greenish orbs examining his reflection, especially his hair-covered nape. His palm went to his hair which slightly covered his nape, and then he managed it until his nape was perfectly covered.

 

The voice of a foreign bird with its wings flapped outside surprised him. His hand immediately went down and he immediately looked at the wooden window that was slightly gapped; the faint shine still illuminated and lighted his room which signed that it was still evening.

 

He quickly stopped being in front of the mirror for a long time; soon enough he tightened his ochre coat and turned around to quickly leave before night. His long hands fisted in a ball and he snuggled them inside his pocket. He stepped in rush towards the door, and then he open it.

 

The dark spiral stair was so long downwards that he was taken aback for a moment, but then he really decided to go down. He took a tiny step which made a huge echo that reflected all over the mansion. He was stunned, but he decided to take another smaller step.

 

One step, two step, he didn’t realize that he could actually went down the mansion, the little room he kept on being locked inside. From where he received this braveness, he didn’t know.

 

Suddenly a small creak came from downstairs which made him paused his breath and his walk. A moment after that, everything went back to complete silence, which made his heart thumped in nervous.

 

“Mom?” he slowly braced himself to spoke.

 

No answers. He had also known that his mom won’t be home today.

 

Okay, he inhaled back. Since his mom was the only another person who might be present at the mansion, it must be some passing animals which accidentally made a noise. He stepped on the new rung and sighed deeply, slowly continuing his walk.

 

This was the first time for him to walk out of the mansion without his parent’s guidance, and this might be the cause of his heart beating too fast and his breath rushed in need of oxygen. He, Lee Donghae, had been locked for forever, and for the first time in that little forever, he dared to step out of the ring.

 

The more Donghae stepped down, the more Donghae fastened his pace. He was afraid that someone would catch him while running away, but in the same time he couldn’t think anymore and he was only able to run, the only aim was still inside his head –to get out.

 

Donghae didn’t realize how fast he ran that right now he had stood in front of the door. His hands slowly pushed the doors to open it. The free wind from outside smoothly dashed his locks, the fresh wind he hadn’t inhaled for almost… ten years?

 

He had even forgotten how the world outside looked like after the incident happening on him when he was a kid.

 

Donghae glanced at the sky which still showed the sun. He hesitatingly stepped out of the mansion with his fists balled inside his pockets; his nails clenching tight on his palms. He was either nervous or scared. But then he braced himself, mentally suggesting that everything will be okay, everything will be settled nicely.

 

As long as he got home before night, it was all safe. He believed that.

 

 

II

 

Hyukjae pressed his eyelids with his fingers to depress his sleepiness, and then he exhaled.

 

He opened his heavy eyes as he faced the white ceilings above him and all the hospital’s belonging that surrounded him. Hyukjae released a loud sigh, and then he banged his head softly on the table in front of him and covered his head with his hands.

 

Wasn’t a cup of coffee enough for him to stay up a little longer today? At least he had to work until eight, which means he still had to open his eyes for another four hours. The worst part was that yesterday he had a dawn shift until five, so he had no proper sleep after.

 

Well, he’s used to the schedule where he worked until dawn but then sleep until evening, but suddenly this evening his partner-in-another-shift couldn’t come, so as a nice backup, he stayed on the hospital’s emergency 24/7 room.

 

Hyukjae yawned with his whole heart and rubbed his face. He lifted his eyebrows to open his eyes wider that made him less-sleepy. Junsu swore to him that that guy’s coming in thirty minutes, how come that duck-butted inhuman person left him here?

 

When he’s sleepy like this, he started thinking about weird things. Why was the 24/7 section in a hospital created? Why does one day have 24 hours? If in the past a week was only three days, wouldn’t it be 24/3?

 

As his mind started making some illogic speculations, his head started to hung down and his eyes started to close until those speculations disappeared, changed into a blank black screen, and then it changed again into a yell from someone in front of him.

 

“What the-“ Hyukjae shrieked and immediately opened his eyes when the yell surprised him. It was predictably Junsu, his partner-in-shift friend who stood in front of him and was now bursting in epic laughter because he had succeeded waking Hyukjae up, and Hyukjae’s reaction was so hilarious.

 

Hyukjae immediately groaned in hatred and in reflect he threw the crushed paper cup of coffee towards Junsu’s head. Junsu screamed between his laughter, but still for that boy, Hyukjae’s surprised face and shriek was the best thing to laugh at.

 

“Okay, okay. I get it, my face is fabulous!” Hyukjae finally spoke to stop Junsu from over-laughing at him. Junsu stopped laughing with a smile on his face, and then he said, “Go home and rest. You look awful.”

 

Hyukjae smiled. He stood up to pack his things which were put around the table. Junsu was standing beside the door with his hands folded, examining Hyukjae as he waited his table to be emptied for his shift.

 

Without making eye contact Hyukjae said, “You were a ing devil and now you’re a saint angel, damn it.”

 

Junsu snickered. “Devils were angels.”

 

Hyukjae simply raised his eyebrows; he was too tired to reply. He took his white hospital coat off and he went towards the wall opposing the door to hang it there along with three coats other doctors had.

 

In an instant, he was ready to go home. Hyukjae took his bag and walked towards the door with heaved steps. Junsu smiled and patted Hyukjae’s shoulder, “Drive safely.”

 

“Ain’t gonna die,” Hyukjae joked. Both of them laughed lightly, and soon enough Hyukjae left the 24/7 room.

 

Hyukjae walked towards the lift, went down until the basement, and then he approached a white audi parked right there. He put his bag on the middle seat, got into the driver seat, and then he drove himself home quickly. Still, Junsu’s advice got stuck inside his head, which nicely forced him to drive slower.

 

It’s been five at the evening. He couldn’t be keener to get home quickly, change into his casual daily clothes, get into his cool bedroom and fall asleep peacefully under his fluffy blanket. Hopefully his roommate bought a liter of milk, so he could fill his stomach up first.

 

Hyukjae yawned and stopped his car as the traffic lamp turned red. Oh God, maybe coffee is better for him if the situation is like this. But it would be a pity because he needed it now, not later when he reached the house.

 

He couldn’t bear the heave anymore that he took a shortcut. There is always a shortcut wherever you’re heading, it’s just people don’t know it yet that the main streets are crowded mostly. Hyukjae turned left towards a small alley and slowed down his car a little, he didn’t want the alley’s walls to scratch his beautiful car.

 

Hyukjae covered his mouth when he yawned with one hand, and then he continued driving. He remembered that he had prepared a thermos of hot chocolate on the middle seat, he had the desire to take a sip, and at least he had to try if it could depress his sleepiness. If he wasn’t wrong, chocolates are made by some tiny percent of caffeine, and it also exists in coffees. But the time to drink is not now, he reminded himself. No stopping at the middle of a small alley even though it was still evening.

 

If his mind was still working properly in his sleepy state, once he got out of the alley, he would meet a small-treeless-park that can’t be called a park and it meant he’s quite near with his house.

 

Nonetheless, he was right. He turned right at the exit of the alley, and right beside his car was the park. Hyukjae groaned in happiness. He stopped his car beside the park and then he stood up with his head touching the sedan’s ceilings to take the thermos.

 

He went back to his seat once he had the thermos with him. He opened the cap to pour the chocolate inside the cap, and then he started taking a small sip, feeling how warm it was. Hyukjae widened his eyes to make his orbs opened a little wider, and that’s when he caught two, no, three figures at the park.

 

He couldn’t help but watching. Among those three persons, one was weaker. Those three were back-facing him, so he couldn’t really examine nicely. The other two were… bullying the weak one? He didn’t know but the situation didn’t seem right.

 

Kids nowadays, he thought and took another calm sip. The chocolate worked a little for him, but he just realized that he’s a little bit more awakened because of the scene. Hyukjae looked up to see them again, and that time he realized something.

 

It wasn’t a bullying scene, it was the one.

 

He widened his eyes a little. The weak one was still in complete clothing, but the other two kept on attacking the weak one. The weak one was now laying down the ground, tried hard to kick those bad guys (weren’t they?) but kept on failing.

 

Hyukjae could hear the weak one’s faint screams, such as ‘leave me!’ and ‘help!’ but Hyukjae had no rights, he thought so, a moment before an imaginary hammer knocked his head and told him that he should do something.

 

He squinted a little and examined the weak one. Okay, he made an agreement with himself. If the victim seemed to be quite strong, he’s not helping. But if the victim, the weak one, was really weak… he’ll think about it.

 

The weak one was now sitting down and kicking, but soon enough one of the other two knocked him down and—Hyukjae couldn’t see. Again, the weak one sat down to kick, and at that time, the weak one’s hair got accidentally brought aside and Hyukjae was stunned.

 

Without making and agreeing any other agreements, Hyukjae ran out of the car and slammed the door which made the two bad guys looked at him. Hyukjae tried his best to get the weak boy (soon he realized it was a boy) off of them by threatening them, and he succeeded.

 

Once the bad guys went away, Hyukjae brought the boy to his car, asked him whether he’s okay or not, but whatever Hyukjae asked to the boy, he kept on answering, ‘yes’. When Hyukjae asked about the scene, he said yes. When Hyukjae asked about the bad guys, again, he said yes.

 

 

“You better stay with me, it’s been quite late.”

 

 

And he said yes.

 

 

 

...

yo hi asdfghjm15's here or just call me jm. c:

is this too long, too short or just too awkward? do you get the fantasy feels or nah? ._.

thanks for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and reading! xD