Mission: Buying the Props

Fake or Real?

Seohyun half-heartedly pushed the bell after squeezing her brain whether to push it or not. She has to do this. She just has to follow Jongin's command and be a responsible, reliable member for a day. 


"Okay. I'm ready to see his face." Seohyun mumbled with determination spiraling all over her face. Seohyun pushed the bell and after a moment the gate was opened. 

"Luhan." Seohyun muttered. 

Luhan shot her a pretty smile before locking the gates. 

"You're early." Luhan uttered. 

"Yeah, like you forced me to." Seohyun scoffed after rolling her eyes.

Luhan flashed another pretty smile. He can't stop smiling for the fact that she still looks pretty even without makeup. Hey. He's a professional in this makeup thingy so he can tell right away. He has a sister remember? And you know what that means. 

Every day, Makeup Day! 

"Hey do you get the address?" Luhan asked as they started walking. 

"Yes. Lay's house is not that far from here. You know what? I think that if we're doing this meeting again I'm going to his house only." Seohyun said. 

"Why? Picking up your boyfriend is your first priority." Luhan strictly protested. 

"Fake boyfriend is not even in my list. My mom called yesterday and she said you were with Tiffany again. Just what the heck are you trying to do? I thought you two were already broke up." Seohyun said, furrowing her eyebrows. 

Luhan shot her a gleeful smile and nudged her on the arm. "You're jealous."

Seohyun harshly turned towards him. "Don't be delusional. I'm just warning you. My mom's going to kill me." 

"I hope she did." Luhan mumbled. 

"Excuse me?" 

Luhan stopped his feet. "I think it's here." 

Seohyun fixed her gaze on the house and looked back on the address. "Push the bell." Seohyun ordered Luhan who is still surveying the two-story house. 

"No. You're still my servant so you should do it." Luhan stubbornly refused. 

Since she knew she's going to waste her time if she started another war with mouths she obediently pushed the bell. 

After a while, Lay opened the door, looking blank as usual yet handsome with his messy ash hair. He took seconds before realizing what's happening and when he finally did, he locked the gates. 

"Who do you live with?" Luhan naturally started the conversation as they started to make their way to the assigned café. 

"My grandparents. My parents live in Changsha, China." Lay responded, coolly putting his hands in his quite tight pant's pockets. 

"So you're Chinese!" Luhan exclaimed, suddenly feeling a pinch of excitement for having a Chinese buddy. 

"Yeah. Is that shocking?" Lay looked at Luhan weirdly, lifting one eyebrow. 

"I'm Chinese too. So how did you learn Korean then?" Luhan asked. 

"My grandparents are Korean so I'm slowly learning from them."

Luhan nodded again. 

Without noticing the presence of Seohyun that's just between them, Luhan continued to ask Lay questions as though they were doing some kind of interview and for one second, Seohyun hoped that a car hit both of them. 

 

Tiffany walks inside the café, feeling like a queen for a gazillion of times after elegantly pulled out her sunglasses. She intently looked around the 80s themed café until she found Jongin waving his hand towards her. Tiffany flipped her hair as if she was doing an advertisement before walking like a supermodel. She pulled out a seat on the right side of him. 

"Where're the others?" Tiffany asked after scanning the vacant seats around them. 

"They're on their way." Jongin simply said with his eyes sticking to his phone, playing Clash of Clans. 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and took out her phone with Moschino pink mirror as the cover. 

"Gosh. I looked terrible." She said on the mirror. She took out her makeup bag and pulled out an eyeliner. Tiffany glanced at Jongin that is still on his phone. Tiffany pulled out his phone. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jongin huffed. 

"First, you're looking at it too close and second, hold this." Tiffany said as she handed the pink mirror to him. She applied the eyeliner carefully. 

Jongin snorted in disbelief. No wonder Luhan left her. He thought. 

Tiffany took out her red lipstick and brightened her lip, followed by BB cream. 

"I've been holding this for 10 minutes. When are you going to stop exactly?" Jongin complained as his hands started aching. He didn't even know why he's still doing it for her.
Since he can even play his phone, Jongin ended up staring at her face. Double applying the makeup makes her looks like a clown. With that dark red lipstick, ant legs (eyelashes) she totally looked like one. 

"Yah Kim Jongin. What the heck are you doing? Hold my mirror properly." Tiffany scolded as she coated her cheeks with light pink blush. 

Jongin snorted with one hand held against his chest, trying to calm his crazy heartbeat. They barely even spoke to each other. For your information, Jongin did try to be friendly but this girl only has her eyes set on Luhan. And now she's forcing him to hold her mirror? They're not even friends! Or acquaintances! Well. It's a surprise that she actually knew his surname. 

"What the heck are you guys doing?" A voice greeted them. Jongin turned his head to Luhan.
"YAH! Do you know how long we'd waited?!" Jongin busted in anger, scowling his face after Tiffany snatched back her mirror. 

Luhan sat in front of Jongin looking taken back. "We're not that late." Luhan uttered, getting sulky like a toddler who just got scolded. 

Seohyun ignored them and placed herself on the empty seat next to Jongin whereas Lay sat down in front of her. 

"Okay. Whatever. Since you guys are here now, let's discuss about the props. Who has the list?" Jongin immediately calmed down after the member completed. He looked at each of them with his scary, thug-like eyes. 

Tiffany fumbled with her Prada bag and took out a crumpled paper. "Here. The list." 

Jongin shot her another disbelief  look. This girl is unpredictable. Jongin eyed the list up and down and looked up with a determined face that somehow almost made Seohyun cracked up. That was the first time she ever saw his face like that and that was rare. 

"Since there're lots of things we need to buy we have to divide groups first. 3,2." Jongin said. "How about rock-paper-scissor?"

They all nodded in unison without thinking much. 

"The one who wins first gets to pick the partner." Luhan said excitedly. 

1st round

Lay - paper
Seohyun - paper
Luhan - scissor

VS

Jongin - scissor 
Tiffany - rock

2nd round

Luhan - rock

VS 

Tiffany - paper

"I won! I'll choose Luhan." Tiffany pointed at Luhan. Her face couldn't look  happier. 

Luhan grunted as he facepalmed himself. He was just one step from winning. And if he won, he will definitely choose Seohyun and spend time together. But now that dream had been crashed by Tiffany. 

"Seems like I'm with Lay and Seohyun." Jongin mumbled as he ripped the list apart and gave half to Luhan. "You take this one, I'll take this one." 

Luhan took it and scrutinized it for a moment. 

Seohyun tapped Jongin's arm. "You are really dying for the leader position." 

Jongin chuckled. "Because there's no one wants to be a leader." 

"Jongin you're so cool." Seohyun complimented dreamily and she meant it. If only she saw him first then everything will be perfectly fine. She bet her mom will cancel off the marriage. Ugh. Why did that devil even appeared in her life?!!

"Hey. I'm listening." Luhan warned, shooting the two a glare. 

"Call if you're finished then we will choose a place." Jongin told as they nodded obediently. 


After finishing their breakfast that Luhan was forced to buy, the two teams separated to the nearest stores for the props. 

"Where can we find paint?" Lay asked, staring on the list upper to lower. 

"I know a shop, it's, here." Jongin stopped and appointed at the board. 

"Did you do some research or something?" Seohyun asked, amazed simultaneously. How can someone be ready at everything? 

"I live around here." Jongin said as they stepped in to the workshop. 

Lay looked around the shop as if he was seeing the galaxy. It was literally the first time he ever walked around Seoul. Each time he came to Korea was only to visit his grandparents and if you count this time, he only visited the place 3 times. 

Lay analyzed the paint and read the words carefully. 

"Did you even know how to read?" Seohyun asked, standing still. 

"Hey I rarely even come here." Lay protested in a little bit of Chinese tone that made Seohyun cracked up. 

"I like your Korean." Seohyun teased and walked to Jongin who is talking to the owner before he could even fire back. 

"Don't mock me!" 


"Tiffany we're not here to shopping. Just, how many times am I supposed to tell you?" Luhan said, annoyed by her hyper-crazy mode. 

Tiffany ignored him and kept checking out on the latest outlets for the summer season. 

They were going to buy fabrics for the costumes and also checking out examples for the tailor team as reference but Tiffany didn't even bother to buy the props. 

"Oh come on Lulu, have some fun!" Tiffany exclaimed with her eyes sticking to the floral dresses. 

"Don't call me Lulu and I'm going alone." Luhan left the place but stopped when Tiffany immediately clung on to his arm. 

"What's on the list?" Tiffany asked. 

Luhan rolled her eyes but still managed to control his blood pressure. "We have to buy curtains for the background, things." Luhan said apathetically. How he hoped that he's with Seohyun. 

"Stop linking to my arm!"

"I like your arm!"

"Blue curtains." Tiffany mumbled and looked around the curtains section. Tiffany grunted. "All of them looked so ugly. Don't they have like soft blue without ugly patterns?" 

"Can you just pick whatever? It's not like you're going to get starred in the musical anyway." Luhan scoffed. 

"Hey I'm the main star!" Tiffany piped. 

"Then why did you even go with us? Don't you have practice to do?" 

If they're still together, he would possibly has mental disorder critical level. 

"The practice is at 10." Tiffany said, still looking for the right curtain. 

Luhan pulled out his phone to look at the time. 9.29. He grunted. 


"Fake mustache? Where on earth can we find that?" Seohyun said to Jongin. 

"I think I saw that somewhere. Maybe the store is on this row. Let's go." Jongin leads the two who already at the stage of loosing their energy. They had been walking around the town for 2 hours and Jongin is still energized. 

"Hey can we go eat or something? I'm hungry." Seohyun suggested as her stomach grumbled. 

"You can go with Lay if you want. I'm not hungry yet." Jongin said without turning back. 

Seohyun heaved a sigh as she glanced off her shoulder to look at the helpless Lay. He didn't really actually helped much in the process of buying or renting the props other than asking questions on how to pronounce a Korean word and so on. 

"You know. You're really different when I met you in that morning." Seohyun remarked as they strolled throughout  the boulevard. 

"You're saying that I'm a really bad guy at that time rather than that night when I saved you." Lay said, coping with her unclear comment along with a charming smirk. 

"Rather than bad you're more like an a-hole." Seohyun admitted with the less-offensive tone. 

"You bumped me remember?" 

"Well. I was figuring out about what happened at the night before until you bumped me." Seohyun bolded the last part. 

Lay cooly let it off by chuckling. "You never really give up do you?" 

Seohyun cruised in silence as she took the time by thinking deeply. She concluded with a shrug. "I don't know. You, Lay-sshi, are lucky because I'm not the type who usually talk to boys like you." Seohyun teased as she poked his sturdy arm. 

"Then what type of boys do you talk to?" 

"I like Johnny Depp to be specific." 

"So you like someone who's married." Lay responded and he didn't looked like he was joking.  

"No!" Seohyun uncontrollably hit his chest. Lay crumpled in pain and faked a groan. They both laughed as they stepped inside the nearest restaurant they could find. Seohyun checked the restaurant's name before forwarding it to Jongin and Luhan.

While waiting for the members to message back, Lay ordered the food with his not-so fluent Korean on his own. Seohyun glanced over the maid who clearly didn't understand on what Lay's blabbering about. As his kind colleague Seohyun kindly corrected his pronunciation. After getting the hint the maid finally walked away. 

"You're good." Seohyun complimented but apart from her face, Lay was unsure if that was from the bottom of her heart or just teasing. 

"Are you mocking me?" 

"No! You did improve a little. The way you said pasta is totally Korean-like." Seohyun said in a more sincere way. 

Lay snorted when Seohyun's phone beeped. 

'Is this a date? I hope Lay's not with you.'

Seohyun shut her eyes for a moment. Trying to clear up her mind and reminding herself about the Seo-Lu deal. Is there a middle finger emoji here? Seohyun thought because she really wanted to double tap it. 

'Just come already!' Seohyun viciously typed back making Lay shot her a look. 

Seohyun shoved her phone in to her bag. Lay was playing with his phone and she didn't have anything to do aside from looking around the place. It has a western theme and she can see that the place was half covered with black. She moved on with scanning the people around her, chit-chatting useless things, flirting but most of the customers are paying their attention to their phones. Seohyun reverted back to the couple who she classified as flirting. They were a bit far from her seat but after widening her eyes at the guy, she realized that it was her own dad with the same girl she saw in the picture. 

Seohyun covered her face with the menu after realizing they are making their way towards her direction.  Seohyun thought her dad recognized her but they just headed for the exit. 

After their glimpse was nowhere in her sight, Seohyun instinctively stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Lay asked. 

"I need to go to my dad." Seohyun quickly chased them whilst Lay followed her from behind. 

From afar, she can see her dad with the woman crossing the zebra-cross. Seohyun ran with all her might she but before she could even cross, the light turned red. 

She wanted to know about the woman. She wanted to know why he's doing this. This may be her last chance. Without caring about her safety she crossed it but a car suddenly speeds up and..

"Seohyun!"