Prologue

Mystogan's Sister

I watched as Jellal sneak out into the darkness outside the kingdom , it made me felt left out. I had to escape.

I hate this place , no , I dislike this place. There's Coco here , there's no way I could hate this place. This hellhole , it's still my home. Home sweet home.

I could not just watch as Jellal sneaked out so I packed everything I needed so I could escape and see what my mysterious brother is up to. "What is oniisan up to?" I murmured to myself as I climbed out of the medieval window to escape. Suddenly , a creak could be heard. I panicked for a second but then I remembered the doll I put with a white wig under the thick blanket. I quickly jumped off the ledge , holding on to the rope. I hissed as the rope caused friction on both of my palms , hope it didn't burn. I slowly slid down the brick wall of the tower.

As I reach the bottom , I felt a presence. Should be the guard. As I turned around , I see Jellal. "Oops. You saw me." I whispered and quietly laughed sarcastically.

"What are you doing here , Kira?" Jellal asked monotonously. How should I answer him? ... I know! "To escape duhh." I replied in the same tone.

"Why would you want to escape?" He ask again.

"Are you dumb? Nobody would love this hellhole if they were like me , trapped in there , suffocating."

He asks too many questions , it really infuriates me.

"Okay. Let's get going," He rolled his eyes.

I started following him suddenly , proud that I didn't make it seem as a lie against him. As you can see , me and Jellal didn't have a great brother-sister relationship. We just didn't get along well.

As I walked with him , it was awkward but it's not like I care. Jellal did not even seem to care too.

"You ask too many questions .." I blurted out suddenly. Oops.

"And you .. talk too much." He retorted back.

"Where are you going anyways? Stopping Dad?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yes .. You should not be following me anyways."

I scoffed , following him? It made me want to laugh hysterically. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Follow you for what dear brother? It's not like I want to live my life as a mage .." I trailed off , not knowing what to say next.

"Okay .."

"Hn."

§~§~§~§

"Are we there yet?" I asked , annoyed.

"No , can you shut up? You've asked me that a hundred times already!" He whined. I just smirked,"Oh really? I didn't know that."

He rolled his eyes and ignored me.

I saw the Anima as soon as we were in the middle of the Royal City.

"You ready , oniisan?" I asked , feeling a tinge of fear.

"Yeah, why? You scared?" He teased and chuckled.

"No .. Go away."

After bickering, we held hands and jumped into the Anima.