011

Pillar (ON HOLD)

BAEKHEE

That impromptu dance battle was months ago. Since then, I had gotten closer with Winner and especially, the Mix and Match trainees. Although Jinhyung and Hongseok lost, I cheered them all on. I was in the middle of running on the treadmill, when I got a call. I slowed the treadmill to a slow jog, and picked up the phone. "Hello?" "Baekhee ah! Happy 20th birthday!" I grinned widely, eyes crinkling, It was my mother. "Mommyyyy~ Thank you! Where's Dad?" I asked. She laughed with mirth. "Oh honey, he's out right now. Why don't you give him a call?" "Alright, I'll call him after. How's every thing going so far?" "Life is great. I'm back to normal. We miss you so much! How are you?" I smiled. "I'm doing fine. I've made lots of friends here at the company, and I'm a trainee." "That's wonderful! I knew your dancing skills would come into play. What are you doing right now? Did I interrupt anything?" "No, no, no, Mom, you didn't interrupt anything. I'm just working out." "Running, eh? Are you eating well? Have you been sleeping well?" "I'm doing great." Just then, I saw Mino enter the gym. He waved at me. I beamed, and waved back. "Alright. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you on your special day." She sounded really sad. I frowned. "It's fine. I'll talk to you later, ok? I'm going to call Dad." "Okay, honey. Bye! Love you," she said. "I love you too, bye." With that, I hung up the phone, and started sprinting again.

I got off the treadmill right before lunch, panting. Gulping down the rest of the water in my bottle, I was a bit surprised to see Mino sitting on the bench next to me, staring at me with an incredulous expression. I raised an eyebrow at him. As I wiped my face, he expressed, "How do you run at that pace for so long?" I laughed. "I was on the track team. I did both short distance and cross country, so this is nothing." He shook his head. "Are you going back to your dorm?" I nodded, "Yeah. I need to shower." His nose crinkled, and he pinched his nose. "You smell." I glared at him and threw my water bottle at him, hitting his head. He chuckled. "Well, let's go get you your shower. I'll walk you. I haven't seen Hanbin and them in a while," he explained. I hummed in response, and we headed out.

I waved goodbye to Mino, and I opened the front door. I threw my keys and towel on the coffee table, and hit the shower. Twenty minutes later, I stepped out of the bathroom and put on a gray sweater, black leggings, and a tan scarf. After drying my hair, I put on eyeliner, and slipped my glasses on. I checked the time. It was 1:14 PM. I threw on a black long coat, put my wallet, keys, and phone into my pockets, and headed out the door, putting on a pair of boots.

Lydia picked me up in front of the apartment building. I got into her car, and sighed in relief at the warmth. "Hey, Baek. How's being 20?" I smiled, "Doesn't feel much different. Where are we going?" She switched lanes. "We, my friend, are going out to eat. Then, shopping. I'm treating." I opened my mouth to protest, but she cut me off before I could say a word. "Nope, nope, shut up, Baek. It's your birthday, I'm treating." "Alright," I said, reluctantly.

We arrived at an Italian restaurant. Lydia parked the car, and got out, walking towards the entrance. I just followed her. "Hello, and welcome. Do you have a reservation with us today?" the waiter asked, looking at us. "We have a reservation for 2, for 1:30 PM." "Last name please?" He tapped on the screen in front of him. "Paek," she replied. "Alright, right this way please." He grabbed two menus and led our way to our table.

"My name is Woojin, and I'll be your waiter today. Can I start you two ladies off with something to drink?" he asked, glancing at the both of us. "I'll have a lemonade." Lydia said, flipping through the menu. "And you?" He looked at me. "Um, I'll have sparkling water." He nodded, and smiled. "I'll be right back with your drinks." Before he left, he glanced nervously at my colorful hair, which I recently re-dyed. I chuckled lowly, under my breath. "So, how are you doing so far? As a trainee, I mean," Lydia asked, staring at me. I shrugged. "I'm getting by. I mean like, my voice is thin, so I have a hard time projecting. And my voice is kind of low too, for a girl." She nodded. "How's dance?" I grinned. "Fantastic. I kid you not, his jaw dropped when I danced Ringa Linga, after practicing for only two hours." She smiled, then asked, "What about that girl trainee that got dropped? I heard it had something to do with you?" I bit my lip. "Yeah. We had our monthly assessment, and we had to perform our own choreography. I couldn't help but notice that her dance moves were really familiar. I apparently started moving my body along, doing the same choreo as her, and YG noticed. He asked if I knew the dance, and I nodded. He told me to get up and dance, next to the girl. So I did, and we did the exact same moves. YG asked where I learned it from, and I told him that it was my choreography, that I posted on YouTube a while back." "I see.." We continued to talk, and after finishing our meal, we went shopping.

"Bye Lyds!" I said, waving. "Bye, Baek. Happy birthday, once again. Take care, okay?" With that, she drove off. I carried my bags up and into my dorm. She had gotten me a Kate Spade bag, and a new pair of sneakers. I washed my face and changed into a loose white tee and black track pants. Dialing my dad's number, I went to lay down on the couch. "Hello?" "Dad!" "Baekhee! Happy birthday!" he said enthusiastically. I grinned and hugged a cushion. "Thanks Dad. Mom told me to call you, and I don't know why. Do you have something to tell me, or.." "Honey. I got my job back." I shrieked and jumped up, dropping the cushion. "Oh my gosh! Dad, congrats!" He chuckled. "So now, you don't have to worry about us anymore, okay? Just focus on training." "Alright daddy. Thanks!" Dad hummed. "No problem, sweetie. Now, go get some sleep. I love you." "I love you too Dad."

I didn't go to sleep. Instead, I took out my phone and started to practice my singing. Half an hour into my practice, someone knocked on the door. I hopped off the sofa and went to open the door. I was greeted by a bear hug. "Julie! Happy birthday!" someone yelled. That person got shushed by someone else. I was released from the hug and I looked at my visitors. I broke into a huge smile. "Jackson! Mark! How are my favorite couple doing? Come in!" Mark blushed, and Jackson tugged him in. "We're doing great. Thanks," Mark said, smiling shyly. "We got you a little something," Jackson said, grinning. He wiggled his eyebrows. "Oh my god, is this something inappropriate because if it is I swear-" I was interrupted. "NO! Sheesh, why do you people think so lowly of me?" Jackson pouted. "We got you a new phone. We noticed the screen on your phone was shattered, so we splurged and got you the Note 3. What do you think?" Mark asked, looking proud. My jaw dropped. "You guys, why did you spend so much money on me? I love it, of course I do, but you two seriously should've just gave me something of lesser value. I would've been happy with anything. Thank you, though." I hugged the two briefly. "We have to go now, but before we do, Hanbin told us to tell you to go to their dorm. Take care, okay? Next time we see you, I expect you to be making your debut. Happy birthday once again, Julie!" Mark pecked my forehead, and Jackson gave me one last hug before they left. "Bye!"

I knocked on the door quietly. No one came to open the door. Frowning, I tried the doorknob. The door opened, and I was greeted with pitch black darkness. Then, someone the light, and the nine trainees, plus Winner, started singing happy birthday. I grinned, ecstatic. I clasped my hands together, made a wish, and blew out the candles. "What did you wish for, noona?" Donghyuk asked. I shook my head. "If I tell you, it won't come true!" He sulked. I looked around. "Wait, where's Jinhwan?" Hanbin frowned. "I don't know. He said he'd be back later." I pouted. "Now, now, I know you and Jinhwan hyung are the closest, but the birthday girl is not allowed to be sad," Seungyoon chastised. I laughed half heartedly, but I was distracted. Where was Jinhwan?

I returned to my dorm, collasping onto the bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone vibrated. Groaning, I rolled off the bed and grabbed it. 

To: Baekhee

Come to the rooftop.

-Jinhwan

I pushed the door open, and cold air hit me with a blast. I shivered. "Hey, Baek." Jinhwan stood there, smiling. "Hi." I said with a small voice. He frowned. "Are you cold? Come here." I obeyed, shuffling towards him. He took off the scarf he was wearing, and wrapped it securely around my neck. I gingerly touched the navy colored fabric. "Don't you need it?" I asked. He shook his head, and gave me a side smile. "I'll be fine." We stood together looking over the edge of the building, standing behind the short stone wall. "How was your day?" he asked quietly, looking at me. I stared out into the skyline, and smiled. "Great. Lydia took me out for lunch. Dad got his job back. Mark and Jackson came to visit. The boys threw me a little surprise party," I summarized. Then, I got curious. "Why weren't you there with the rest of the guys?" "I went out, and got you something." I looked at him with wide eyes. "Why does everyone have to spend money on me?" I asked, incredulous. He laughed. "Because it's your birthday?" "But still.." I trailed off. He grabbed my wrist, and turned me so I was facing him. He handed me a long, black box. "Happy birthday," he grinned, eyes crinkling. I opened it, and grinned. There, inside the box, sat a gray crewneck and a black beanie. Underneath it was a guitar. I glanced up at him. "A guitar? How much did it cost?" "About $150." I gasped, and smacked his arm lightly. "What was that for?" he asked. "So expensive!" He chuckled lowly. "Relax. I split the cost with the rest of the GOT7 members, since they felt guilty that they couldn't come," Jinhwan explained. "But, Jackson and Mark did," I said, confused. "That's because they're your best friends. Knowing Jackson, he probably annoyed the heck out of his manager to bring him here, and he dragged Mark along." I giggled. That sounded like something Jackson would do. He continued. "As for the sweater and beanie, that's just something I wanted to give to you." I beamed, set the box down, and threw my arms over his shoulders, resting my head on his chest. His heart beat steadily. Jinhwan wrapped his arms around my waist. "You like the present?" he asked. I nodded. "Mhm. Thank you so much." "Anytime," he breathed out. I took a deep breath before I released him. He smelled like vanilla. Pleasant and addicting. "It's getting late," he said, "let's go back." "Okay."

Jinhwan and I walked back, shoulder to shoulder, not saying much. The silence, though, was comfortable. He was a quiet person, and I didn't talk a lot. By the time we reached my door, it was 11:24. "Thank you, again, for everything." I said, lips lifting up in a tired smile. "Don't mention it. Good night, Baekhee. Sleep well," he said. "You too, Jinhwan," I replied. Then, I did something that surprised both me and him. I tiptoed, and pressed my lips against his cheek briefly, before smiling at him, cheeks warm. I glanced at him quickly, before turning and walking into my dorm. I blushed deeper, when I remembered how his cheeks were flushed, in a light pink, after I kissed his cheek. I set the box down and shook my head. I had no idea why I did that. 

As I got into bed, I realized that I forgot to give Jinhwan his scarf back. I'll just give it back to him the next time I see him. 

Just before drifting into a deep sleep, I remembered Donghyuk's question.

"What did you wish for, noona?"

To fall in love with someone who loves me as well.


Author's Note: Hello hello sorry for neglecting my stories ;-; I have been busy, helping out with the school musical and preparing for my piano test. But, now I'm back, and although I can't guarantee a schedule of sorts, for updates on this fic and Gray, I'll try my best to get a chapter uploaded every once and a while. Anyways, YAY! FINALLY! SOME INTERACTION BETWEEN JINHWAN AND BAEKHEE! Yes yes yes, sorry it took so long, but IT'S FINALLY HERE! I'm planning to bring his dating rumor with AOA's Jimin into this, so be prepared, yeah? Thank you for reading!