001

Pillar (ON HOLD)

I was on my way back home from visiting my mom in the hospital, when I got a call from Lydia. I pulled over next to the sidewalk. I answered the phone. "Hello?" "Yah, Jung Baekhee! Come meet me at the Starbucks on Fifth Avenue! I have a little something for you." Lydia was my friend, who used to be in the dance crew called Quest Crew. She had quit due to personal reasons and left for Korea, where she now worked under YG Entertainment as a composer. She was visiting NYC and was staying at my apartment, for a week. "Yeah sure, I'm going to head home to change and get ready. Give me an hour yeah? I just left the hospital," I replied. "Yeah of course. I need to get some shopping done anyways!" Lydia said. I chuckled. "I'll meet you at my house then. Dad should be home by now." "Alright. Hey, is your mom feeling any better?" She asked, sadness laced in her voice. I sighed. "No, she's still.. asleep. I asked the doctor but he said there has been no changes in her condition so far." My mom had been living at the hospital for 2 months now. She was driving home one night, when a drunk driver hit her. Apparently, the impact caused her to hit her head harshly against the steering wheel, and now she's in a coma. Hospital fees have been forcing my dad to overwork himself and me to work multiple jobs. However, I was constantly getting fired because I couldn't work many hours a day, due to my hectic schedule. Lydia, being such a sweet unnie, sent part of her paycheck to us each month, so she could lighten up my dad's workload and burden. Although we attempted to pay her back, she flat out refused our offers, the reason being was that my dad let her stay at our house whenever she came and visited. "So, see you in an hour?" I asked. "Definitely. I'm going to let you continue on your way home now, bye!" she exclaimed. "Bye, unnie." I hung up and drove back home.

I stepped out of the shower, took off my contacts, and chose my outfit. I ended up wearing my loose white crop top that cut off a little above my navel, and my black Chachi pants. I put on my black sneakers, that been a gift from Lydia. I dried my hair, and put on my black beanie that said JBH on the side. I had recently highlighted my curly hair blue, and I moved my hair to the front so it hung right at the top of my rib cage. I applied winged eyeliner and mascara on, and slipped on my glasses. I put some lip balm on, grabbed my money and slipped in into my pockets. I made some pasta for my dad and left it on the counter, along with a note to tell him that I was out with Lydia. I took my phone and keys and headed out to the car.

 

I opened the door, and the scent of coffee hit my nose. I crinkled my nose; I didn't like the smell or taste of coffee. I couldn't stand caffeine. I found Lydia sitting in the corner, on her phone, and I walked towards her. "Hey," I greeted, sitting. "Hey yourself, I've been waiting," Lydia sassed. I chuckled. "Sorry I was making food for my dad," I said. She laughed. "It's alright. I had a feeling you wouldn't have been able to leave the house without making food for him. You're always so worried about him. Like, c'mon Baekhee. He can take care of himself. You're like his mother I swear," she deadpanned. I laughed. "So, what do you want? Unnie pays today," Lydia said, looking at me. "No it's okay I can pay for myself," I said. "No it's ok, I'll pay. I'm going to leave tomorrow anyways, and it'll be a while before I see you again. Unless you say yes to what I have to tell you," she said, grinning. "Alright then.. uh.. get me a venti caramel frappe, yeah?" I asked, ignoring her last sentence. "Sure. Whipped cream?" she asked. "Yassssssss." She laughed and got up, going up to order. She soon came back with our drinks. "Yah, Jung Baekhee, how can someone so tiny drink a venti?" she teased. I crossed my arms and pouted. "I'm not that short! I'm 152 centimeters tall, okay. That's good enough. At least I'm only shorter than Taeyang by three inches. He's only 5'3"." I said, laughing. Lydia giggled. "Yeah, but your dad is pretty tall. He's like, what, 5'10"? I thought you would've grown when I was gone, but I guess not. I keep on forgetting you're 19 and that you won't grow anymore. You act too much like a little kid. It makes me wonder how you got into Julliard, and became an alumni in such a short time, with you being so foolish." She shook her head. "Heyyyyyyyy, I can be serious sometimes!" I whined. She chuckled. I took a sip of my drink. I closed my eyes in content, when I tasted the sweetness of the caramel and then the bitter aftertaste. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked. "Oh right," she leaned forward in excitement," so you know how you need a job that will pay a lot right? A job that will make use of your degree?" I nodded my head. "Yeah, why?" "Well, I kind of recorded you dancing the other day, when we were at the studio, and I sent the video to my boss." "What the hell?!" I exclaimed. She held up her hands. "Now, before you kill me, he called and said he wanted to meet you. He wants to hire you as a back up dancer for the upcoming boy group, iKon. You know, from that show you watch. Mix and Match?" I considered her words. "How much does he pay?" I cautiously asked. She slowly grinned a mischievous grin. "A lot. So, want to work for YG Entertainment?"

 -

 

A/N: First chapter is up! In case you're confused, Lydia is Lydia Paek. She was in G Dragon's One of a Kind music video. Please leave your feedback in the comment section! Thank you for reading!