3. Final decision

Day by Day

Thinking of it made her feel scared about what was going to happen; she knew that the answer would be divorce; she just didn’t want to be believe it.

Through the night she ended up staying outside, she fell asleep with all the heavy thoughts going through her hear, she didn’t know what to believe, and she didn’t know what to say. All she’s ever wanted was to have a good family, a happy one where there’s no trouble, but now that’s not even possible anymore.

 

          As she was walking home, she could feel the morning breeze blowing through her hair. She wanted to be gone again and not bother about going home for 1 more night but she had no choice but to face reality. She then reached home, she saw her mom sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee, her mom then looked at her like nothing happened, smiling and asked her where she has been, she told her mom that she fell asleep at the library while studying and that she’s sorry for not calling. Her mom then spoke up.

          Mom: Irene, sweetie… can I tell you something very important? And promise me that you won’t be mad or rush out of here.

          Irene: I promise mom, what is it?

Even though Irene already knew what her mom wanted to say, she still wanted to know her mom’s side of the story and how she really feels.

          Mom: your dad and I are getting a divorce, I know this is an unhappy situation but I hope you can understand our decision.

Although Irene already knew about the situation, she was still left speechless. The one happy family she once knew completely lost their happiness, she thought that everything was still going fine and that her parents loved each other but it turns out that her appa loved someone else. 

She understood what her mother wanted to say, so she didn’t say anything else and just followed what her mom told her to do, Irene’s mom have decided to move back to America where she grew up. Irene knew what it meant, she knew what it exactly meant, she has to leave her appa, she has to leave the country, and most importantly she has to leave her best friend Sehun.

 

          Irene didn’t know how to tell her best friend that she was leaving; a day after her mom had told her that they were leaving; Sehun then shared very important news to Irene.

 

          Sehun: Irene! Guess what just happened to me?

          Irene: you got free bubble tea? (she laughed)

          Sehun: no. not today, but yeah, I just got casted by S.M.E! can you believe that? They think I have what it takes to be an idol (he said excitedly while smiling)

          Irene: Congratulations!!! So I guess you’ll be too important now to even hangout with me (acting like she was saw but she’s just joking around)

          Sehun: oh come on! I may become important and hot, and all the girls might want me but still I’m not that important to not be able to hang with my best friend (he put his arms around her shoulders and messed her hair)

 

They laughed. During that night the two ended up getting bubble tea and just went around the mall so they could spend some time together, later on that night Sehun walked her home.