Don't Move

Wrong Reflection

 

“What’s wrong with me?” the boy spoke. “Who are you?”

 

It’s sad to think that a beautiful person like him could be in agony. He thought as he watched a light appear in the darkness that surrounded him, the boy peaked through and he stared back at him. He wondered if the boy thought he existed.

 

He never understood what he was doing here; he never understood why the boy bothered to talk to him. His voice didn’t exist.

 

“Why can’t I see myself in any mirrors”.

 

 

Kibum paced back and forth, his eyes looked at the covered mirror and then quickly at the closed door.

 

When the door knob started to turn the young boy froze, hands clenched and lower lip shaking.  “Dr. Shong,” he looked at the man as he walked into the room.

 

“Kibum are you feeling alright?”’ the doctor walked to the covered mirror and removed the sheet. The boy flinched and turned his back on his “reflection”.  “Look at the mirror,” Dr.Shong mumbled.

 

“I-I’m fine sir,” Kibum stayed where he was. “Do I have to?”

 

Kibum felt the doctor’s hands on his shoulders and without saying a word he turned him to the mirror. He was still insane.

 

“Do you still see him?” the doctor questioned but he didn’t answer. Kibum walked up to the mirror and placed a hand on it, his “reflection” was different looking.

 

“He looks so stressed”, he leaned in and the doctor just sighed.

 

You looked stressed, you mean?” the doctor started to walk back to the door.

 

“YES!” Kibum looked back at him realizing the mistake he just made, “I do”.

 

“No point lying to me Kibum, a nurse will come in with your new medicine. Hopefully this one will work.” the doctor shook his head as he left.

 

He was still insane, he wanted his reflection to leave. “I yelled at you so many times,” Kibum looked back at him. “Why can’t you just leave?” The man he saw short, the man he saw didn't even have the same hair color as him. "Is it sad that I wish you could talk?" the boy sat down, his eyes never leaving the mirror. "I would probably feel more crazy but...at least I wouldn't be alone".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What yeah guys think?? Thanks for reading!! I hope you liked it.