Chapter 1

The Classy or The Badass [[ON HOLD]]

The Difference

decorative-lines-3_large-1.png

Classical music was played in the huge ballroom. Couples were swaying back and forth in their expensive tuxedos and shiny dresses. Every single decoration was screaming the word luxury, posh, expensive and classy. That’s what I thought too.

“Close your mouth. You look like you’ve never seen this before,” Myungsoo spoke. Since I was too stunned to do so, he did it for me.

“That’s partly true. I mean, look at that ice sculpture! It’s huge!” I stared in awe at all the ice sculptures in shape of a big ship, situated at every corner of the ballroom. I felt Myungsoo’s hand under my chin, pushing it up to close my mouth again.

“You look like a blowfish,” He commented. I was ready to snap back at him but I was distracted at the sight of the buffet that was served. “I don’t care…” I walked over to the buffet table in a possessed like mode. My mouth was drooling with my saliva at the sight before me.

Lobster, oysters, king crab and…a chocolate fountain!!! This, my friend, is heaven. My eyes shined with joy as I picked a plate for my food but was stopped when someone grabbed my hand. By someone I mean him. And by him I mean this rich kid.

I sighed. “What now Myungsoo?” I asked as calmly as I can eventhough my fingers itch to scratch his hand off my bare arm. He seem to understand my discomfort and retracted his hand. “Sorry, I forgotten you hate skinship,” He gently took the plate from my hands and put it back on the table. “What are you doing?” I reached out to take it back but he pushed it away. He held a finger in front of me while shaking his head in disagreement. “Nu-uh. We have to greet the other guest first,”

“But why?” I whined. “It’s not even our party. Why do we have to greet them?” He clucked his tongue at me. “Manners,” he simply said. I gave him a look. Oh right, he is the Kim Myungsoo after all. The well-mannered heir of the Kim Company. I rolled my eyes. And I’m married to him. “Whatever. Let’s just go greet some guest with smiles on our faces while talking about shares and other stuff I understand well,” Note the sarcasm. I put on a sarcastic smile and held his arm. “But, you’re so buying me another meal after this,” He chuckled but nodded his head. “It’s a wonder how you can’t get fat when you eat like a pregnant woman,” I gave him a light slap on his arm but smiled when he did so.

decorative-lines-3_large-1.png

 

“HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!!!!”

 Four cars were charging towards the red light with no signs of stopping. Four of them were police cars with their sirens hurting all the passer-by’s ears. The only difference is, only one car was in front of the other three with greater speed, and that’s the car that was carjacked by 6 crazy but young teenagers.

“Hyung! I know we need to drive fast but do we have to go this fast?!” Niel screamed from the backseat as he held on to the head of the passenger seat like his life depended on it. Well, his life does depend on it if he doesn’t want to be thrown out of the car. Ricky somehow, was having a different story. “WOOHOO! FASTER! FASTER! I’m like on a rollercoaster!!!” He stuck his head with his tongue out, out the window like how a dog would be like.

“Shoot,” L.Joe cussed when the police was still on their trail. “Why can’t they just give up?” He swerved the car to the right at a junction which was followed by his other friend’s groaning. “Get off me, fat-!” Changjo pushed Chunji away roughly, who was squashing him because of the speed of the car and gravity. “Maybe because, THEY WANT THEIR CAR BACK!!!” Chunji quickly tried to sit up straight to avoid Changjo’s punches and kicks but not before answering L.Joe’s obvious question.

All L.Joe did was laugh. “No way. I saw this car first. Hah-AH!” A tyre fell in a small hole which caused the whole car to shake like there was an earthquake inside. “I think I just saw my life flashed before my eyes!” Niel cried out. He started banging on the windows. “Get me out of here! Jesus! Buddha! SpongeBob?! Anyone!”

L.Joe blew his bangs away from his eyes. “Fine, fine. Just give me a minute.” He kept swerving the car left then right while laughing like a madman. The other friends –excluding Ricky who seems like he’s having fun instead- swore they were going to puke. As L.Joe continues to drive crazily, the buildings around them started to disappear but instead, more trees and greeneries were appearing. The sirens from the police cars were fading and L.Joe smirked knowing that they had lost him. The trees parted and they arrived at a wide open plain.

L.Joe finally pulled over and the others didn’t need to think twice to throw themselves out. “LAND! How I missed you!” One by one they dropped to the ground. Some even kissing it. “Oh God, I need to puke!” CAP started to turn green as soon as he got out from the car.

“Oh come on! Was my driving that bad?” Everyone but Ricky said yes. “Hyung! That was amazing! We should do that more often. L.Joe gave Ricky his fist and they fist-bumped. “And that Ricky, is why you’re my favourite.” Changjo made a face. “Gross, you sound gay,”

“I’m only gay for you guys. Only gay for you,” L.Joe joked but caused his other friends to groan in disgust. “I think I need to puke again!” “How would you ever find a girlfriend like this?” That absurd question brought everyone to laughter including L.Joe. “Well, even if I did fall in love and get a ‘girlfriend’, she must have been like me.”

“Oh my God! You’re both are going to be on the front page with ‘The Devil Couple’ written in bold.”

“More like ‘The World has come to An End’”

“What about ‘Ice Princess has finally melted The Ice Prince’s heart’?” Everyone just stared at the maknae as he seemed to be in his own world.

“Now, that’s really gay.” Someone commented. “Ey, ey, ey! I’m the maknae. Leave me be!”

L.Joe shook his head in amusement. Ice Princess melting the Ice Prince’s heart huh? Now, that’s interesting.