Seventh Month

Prayer

The curtains were thrown open and sunglight cast it's warm rays onto Seunghyun's face. He immediately recoiled, his eyes crunching in an attempt to block off the brightness. It had been awhile since he had felt and seen the sun and he was not pleased. Seunghyun sat up on his bed and looked around the room, looking for the person that caused his discomfort and discovered Jiyong fleeting around in his rooms, picking up stray items, humming to himself quietly. Seunghyun eyed him blankly until Jiyong looked up and met his stare.

"Oh hyung, you're awake." Jiyong said this with no surprise in his tone; his purpose had been to wake him up and get him out of bed. Seunghyun said nothing and continued to watch. Jiyong paused and decided it was best to let his hyung get comfortable with company again before he attempted to drag Seunghyun out of the apartment. He sat on the bed and made himself comfortable, ready to wait for however long he needed for Seunghyun to speak.

"Is there something you want?" Seunghyun's voice was raw; he hadn't used it in a while and when he had, he was yelling at the heavens to rid him of his misery. Jiyong shrugged and smiled sadly. Seunghyun's face was unshaven, his hair a mess and his eyes were puffy, dark... emotionless. The blank look Seunghyun gave him made him shudder unconsciously; it was like his hyung wasn't there at all.

"I came to get you out of here," he said simply.

"I don't want to get out of here, I'm perfectly fine here." Seunghyun's monotone voice made Jiyong's heartache in empathy for his friend.

"Hyung... I can't let you be like this anymore. It's been seven months since you've left this apartment." Seunghyun started playing with his fingers, avoiding Jiyong's stare. "I can't watch you fall apart anymore, hyung. It's time to start getting yourself together and start moving on." A flash of annoyance coursed through Seunghyun's body unexpectedly and he tried to swallow down the feeling.

"I can't."

"Why not? Hyung, come on she would have-"

"She would have what, Jiyong? Huh? She would have wanted me to move on? That's bull!" For the first time in seven months, Seunghyun's eyes lit up in anger and Jiyong stared at him calmly. This was what he wanted. He wanted a reaction.

"Yes, hyung, she would have. She wouldn't want you to be sitting here, doing nothing. She'd want you to be active and to be continuing on with your life and eventually move on." Jiyong paused, wondering if he should push Seunghyun's anger. He figured he had rather see him angry than with no emotion at all. "Soomi would have wanted you to try and continue your life and to try to find somebody else that could help you through it, she would have wanted you to go out and drink and do things that you used to do."

"Seriously? You expect me to move on? You expect me to try to find somebody else?" Seunghyun stood up, his shaking frame towering over Jiyong. "Tell me, Jiyong, how the can I move on when my soulmate, my everything, the person I built the rest of my life around has been ripped away from me? Huh?" Jiyong was about to speak but Seunghyun cut him off.

"Don't give me that bull about how we all loved her too and we all felt the same pain because you didn't. You haven't felt this before, Jiyong. You can't tell me you understand because you've never anything like this." Seunghyun's ire had calmed and he sat in a chair next to the bed, running his hands desperately through his hair.

"Tell me what it feels like, hyung. You need to talk about this." Jiyong felt bad for pushing him, but if Seunghyun didn't talk to his pain about someone, he was going to drown in his anguish.

"It feels like," Seunghuyn whispered, his eyes filling with tears. "It feels like, like your heart is heavy in your chest and every single time it beats, it hurts. It aches so bad, it feels like I can't breath." He took in an unstable breath. "I can't go out there without her, Jiyong. She was such a huge part of me, we were the perfect team. I'm so lost without her."

Jiyong sighed sadly as he look at his hyung. There wasn't anything that he could say to Seunghyun that would help him so he sat in thoughtful silence. Seunghyun rubbed his eyes and sighed deeply.

"I'll tell you what," Jiyong said carefully. "Come out to dinner with me and the guys and if you do just this one thing for me, I won't push you. I'll let you go at your own pace." He saw Seunghyun about to protest so he cut in quickly. "We miss you, hyung, we really do. We loved noona and yes we don't feel the same way you do but, we still miss her. We lost her, hyung, and we can't lose you too."

Seunghyun took another deep sigh and nodded hesitantly, making Jiyong smile genuinely for the first time in almost a year.