Lightless

Prayer

Seunghyun woke up the next morning with a massive headache. He hadn't slept that well, hoping that she would come back for just a little while. He checked his phone to see many missed calls from Jiyong. Seung Hyun looked at the clock. 11 am. He to his back and breathed deeply swallowing the lump in his throat. Memories of their mornings together flooded in his head.

Seunghyun awoke to the sound of thunder. The clock told him it was 6 in the morning. He stretched and groaned. Seunghyun a small hand rub his back soothingly. He smiled and turned towards her, enveloping her in a hug. He touched his forehead to hers as she placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Do you have to go anywhere today?" Soomi asked. Seunghyun shook his head. Soomi squealed childishly and hugged him tightly. They cuddled for a few minutes until his stomach growled. Soomi giggled and got up.

"I'll make you a surprise breakfeast, ohkay? You can't come in the kitchen!" He laughed as she threw the pillow at his face.

Seunghyun forced the memory to stop. He made his way to the bathroom and showered very slowly, letting the hotness of the water relax his muscles. After the shower, Seunghyun walked towards the kitchen, the coldness making him shiver. He opened the fridge and looked for something to eat but nothing really appealed to him. He looked in the cupboards and a package fell out. A small package of ramen seasoning. He picked it up and smiled, his eyes filling with tears, the memory continuing suddenly.

Seunghyun walked into the kitchen, laughing amusedly as he saw her dancing as she cooked. She turned around and saw him.

"Hey!" Soomi screamed playfully. She put the spoon down and tried to push him out, but instead he slung her over his shoulders. Her small fists hit his back lightly, ordering him to put her down.

"No!" Seunghyun said, throwing her on the couch and running back to the kitchen to peek at the food. Soomi laughed and ran after him. She tried to unsuccesfully cover his eyes but he was already looking at the pot.

"Ramen?"

"Yes! But it's a special ramen." Soomi smiled.

"It looks like regular ramen to me." Soomi glared at him and pushed him out of the way with her hip, continuing to put ingredients in the pot. Seunghyun picked up a package of ramen seasoning.

"Don't you need this?"

"No. Then it won't be special."

"But then it's not ramen," he playfully swung the package in front of her face. She took it and threw into the cupboard, pretending to lock it. Seunghyun laughed at her silly antics. Soomi met his eyes as he watched her cook.

"What?" Soomi asked softly.

"I love you." Seunghyun said, pulling her in for a kiss. "I love you more than anything." Soomi smiled agaisnt his lips.

"I love you too."

Seunghyun sat on the ground, his legs not able to support him. His left hand gripped the insignificant ramen seasoning package as he tried to regain his composure.

"Soomi," he croaked. "I miss you."