Prayer

Prayer

The sunny day seemed to mock Seunghyun as he made his way to the venue. He had roses in his hand and he fidgeted with his tie. His usually expressive eyes had no expression today; he couldn't possibly feel anymore. He reached the church and as he entered, he braced himself for the condolenses he would receive from his family and friends. He didn't want any of it. As soon as Seunghyun walked in, he was greeted by his mother and mother in law. Their teary eyes searched for his emotionless ones but he refused to meet their stares. He bowed in greeting and then moved past them, past the two families crying over their loss. He looked for his friends, the ones he knew wouldn't keep repeating how sorry they were or how he was going to get through this. Seunghyun saw Jiyoung first and Jiyoung instantly waved him over. After sitting with Jiyoung, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri found their way to them. Daesung sat next to his hyung. He somehow knew that out of all of them, Seunghyun needed him the most. He confided most in Daesung.

Daesung gripped his hyung's shoulder as they prepared to listen to the service commemorating her life.

****************

Seunghyun had barely made his past his front door before he broke down. He fell on top of his bed, shaking and sobbing from the pain of it all. They had invited him to dinner and drinks to maybe forget it for a little while but he had refused. Alcohol would make him worse. His hands fisted and his eyes closed tightly as the unstoppable images played themselves in his head.

Seunghyun smiled as the jewelry consultant went to get a box for the ring. It was going to be their anniversary soon and he wanted to surprise her with a new ring he had designed himself. He had told her he was going to the bathroom to be able to pick it up. He walked out of the jewelry store happily, about to call her when he saw her at a bubble tea stand. She looked in his direction and then saw him, smiling and waving him over. He smiled back and started walking towards her. As he was walking, he heard a commotion. What sounded like a gunshot and frantic screaming. His eyebrows furrowed in worry. Seunghyun looked at her but she wasn't looking. She was looking behind her. Time seemed to almost stop for Seung Hyun. He saw the killer with a gun in his hand moving towards her, he saw her wide eyes as she watched him come to her and shoot her twice. They both fell to the ground; him from being tackled by the guards and her from the shots. Seung Hyun moved then, moving past the struggle from the ground to her, where he bent down and saw her eyes still open. They were still moving, she was still alive. He sighed in relief and called her attention to him.

"Right here, I'm right here." Seunghyun said as he gripped her hand and her eyes found his. She smiled as if nothing had happened. Seunghyun tried to blink away the tears but it was a failed attempt. His tears fell rapidly down his cheeks. She reached up and wiped away some of the tears and he chuckled away a sob. She kissed him softly on the lips.

"I love you," she breathed.

"Don't, please." Seunghyun begged. He tried to cover her wounds with his hands, tried to stop the bleeding. She squeezed his hand and smiled, trying to keep a strong face for him. He couldn't see her suffering. He had to believe she wasn't in pain and that's what she was trying to do.

"I can't stay awake anymore."

"Yes, you can! Yes you can." He couldn't hold back the sobs anymore. She shook her head with a weak smile.

"I love you, I love you, please don't leave me."

"I'll always be with you. Always." Seunghyun watched as her eyes closed and she stoppped gripping his arm. He kissed her limp hand and begged her to come back but it was useless. She was already gone.

Seunghyun cried harder as he realized that the only reason she had been awake when he had reached her was because she was waiting for him. Waiting to tell him what she felt. Seunghyun cried until his eyes seemed like they were closed with how swollen they were. The house felt cold and lonely. It was too quiet.

Seunghyun moved to her side of the bed, breathing in what was left of her. He hugged her pillow as more tears fell quietly. It was 11:00pm. He closed his eyes tiredly, but he knew he wasn't going to fall asleep. He evened his breathing and listened to the clock tick. Seunghyun thought he felt the bed move but he shrugged it off. The bed seemed to be getting sunken down, as if someone was making his way towards him. The moving was obvious now; the bed was creaking. He opened his eyes as his heart raced and a sudden heat ran through his body. He felt something touch his cheek and he freaked out, turning around but seeing nothing. His heart beat faster and faster and his breathing sped up. Seunghyun swallowed.

"Soomi?" The book on the night stand fell. Seunghyun let out a cry of surprise. This is impossible.

"Soomi. Are you in here?" Nothing. He paused and thought for a few minutes. He decided to lay down on his back and close his eyes. Just as he closed his eyes, he felt the weight on the bed again. If he had been moving, he wouldn't have felt it. Seunghyun had to lay very still. He stretched his arms out and left them open, an invitation. He felt a light weight on his left side, and then the feel of her head as she layed it on his chest. His heart thudded painfully and his mind raced. Am I going crazy?

He felt her arm under his shirt, rubbing soothing circles on his stomach.

"Soomi," he breathed as he relaxed.

"I'm here." Just a light whisper. If he hadn't been waiting for a reply, he would have never heard it.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Are you doing alright?"

"Heavenly." Seunghyun thought he heard her giggle and he chuckled. Her sense of humor would never leave her.

"I haven't been sleeping that well. I've tried, but I can't."

"I know." Seunghyun eyes were starting to close.

"Come back." Silence. "Can I at least go with you?"

"No!"  He jumped and open his eyes. Her response was loud, it seemed like she was in the room with him. His tears leaked again as he closed his eyes and his lips trembled.

"You must stay strong. We'll find each other again." Her voice was back to that small whisper. "Sleep."  They passed a few minutes in silence, and Seunghyun knew he was about to lose consciousness.

"I love you." He whispered softly. "I love you so much."

"I love you too. And I'll always be with you. Always."