chapter two

Bucket List

4 months later

Sehun waited outside of Soojung’s room as she got her last check up, he looked through the window and eyed the beautiful and healthy girl he hasn’t seen in years. He smiled at the thought of Soojung, his best friend who he fell in love with a long while ago.

When did I fall in love with her? He asked himself. Was it when she hugged me that time during Valentine’s Day?

Sehun shook his head.

We were just friends then, and it was probably out of pity.

Was it when she said she loved me?

He shook his head.

She only said that because I said it first.

Was it when she clung onto me? When she held me close and said she didn’t want to live without me?

He shook his head.

She was sick then and was scared of disappearing forever.

 

Sehun sighed, and scratched his head. “I’ve always been in love with her.” He mumbled.

“Who?”

He turned around to see a woman in her twenties. Standing up, he bowed slightly subconsciously.

“Her?” She continued. “That girl? In the office?”

Sehun turned to look at Soojung, then back at the woman. “Sorry if it’s rude for me to ask but, who are you?”

“Her little sister, Yoora’s little sister.”

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “Yoora?”

“Yoora Lee, the author who passed away half a year ago.” She mumbled. “I’m Yuna.” She said.

Sehun glanced at the girl from head to toe. “A-And?”

“My sister was an organ donor; she donated one of her kidneys when she was eighteen…so when she passed away, her organs went to someone else. I found out a couple days ago that a girl named Soojung got her heart and her eyes; I’d like to meet her so I came here. They said she would be in today for a checkup.” Yuna said.

Sehun looked at her speechlessly. “R-Really?”

Yuna nodded. “Her name is Soojung right? Jung Soojung.”

Sehun nodded.

“And you’re in love with her.”

Then his face contorted with fear. “Ah-“

Yuna held her hands up. “I won’t tell her.” She chuckled.

Sehun leaned against the wall. “Thanks.” He said softly.

“I just want to meet the person my sister saved, at least her heart still beats in someone else’s body…at least her eyes are able to see the world she missed out on.” Yuna whispered.

 

Soojung came out of the office with a smile on her back. “Sehun…”

He looked up. “Soojung…Is everything okay?” He walked up to her and held her arms. “The doctor said you’re fine right? No sign of disease anywhere?”

Yuna watched the two and smiled. Boyfriend material right there. She thought. What a lucky girl

Soojung shook her head. “I’m perfectly fine.”

Sehun sighed in relief. “Soojung-ah, there’s someone you should meet.” He looked at Yuna. “Her name’s Yuna…”

Soojung looked over waved. She held her hand out. “I’m Soojung.”

Yuna smiled. “I know.” She said as she shook her hand.

 

Sehun goes down to the café of the hospital to wait while the girls talk.

“You’re beautiful.” Yuna says. “My sister would be happy to know her heart went out to someone as beautiful as you.”

“Sister?” Soojung says.

“My sister is the person who donated her organs to you. I’m grateful it got to someone who’s willing to live life.” Yuna says.

Soojung’s mouth drops. “I…I never got to thank…” She bows down. “Thank you…even…if I never met your sister…thank you.”

Yuna smiles. “Yoora was an author…she wrote a lot, because stories were her only way of escaping reality. Even if she made a lot of money, her life was tough; always under pressure and stress to make a novel flawless. She had so much she wanted to do before she died, that car accident was very unfortunate.”

“What’d she want to do?”

Yuna turns to her. “Yoora…had a list on her wall. It titled ‘Before I Die’, well I like to call it a bucket list.” She says. “She only completed one of them.” She sighs.

“Can…I have that bucket list?” Soojung asks.

Yuna her head slightly in confusion. “Why?”

“She’s the only reason why I’m alive; I want to do something for her soul. I’d like to complete that bucket list, because even though the rest of her wasn’t able to complete her dreams, at least her heart would.” Soojung says.

Yuna tears up and looks away. “That’s very sweet of you.” She whispers. Then she digs into her bag and pulls out a few things. “I don’t have much of her belongings left, they took her house away after she passed and when I got there, this was one of the few things left. Although it would be nice if I could have this as a memory of my sister, I think it would be better in your hands.” She says as she hands her a list.

Then Yuna stands up. “It was real nice meeting you…I’m just relieved that my sister’s heart got to someone like you…someone who’s so genuine and real and beautiful.”

Soojung stands up as well and bows. “I’ll make sure Yoora’s heart will be fulfilled with all the dreams and things she’s wanted to do.”

 

Sehun gets up when he sees Soojung walking towards him. He’s a bit nervous; did Yuna say anything to her? About him? Hopefully not, if anything, he wanted to confess on his own.

“You okay?”

Soojung chuckles. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“What is that?” Sehun says as they walk out of the hospital.

“Bucket List, it’s a bunch of things Yoora wanted to do before she died and I’m going to complete it. It’s the least I could do for a person who gave so much to me.” Soojung says.

Sehun smiles nonchalantly. “That’s so sweet of you.”

“You’re going to help me right?” Soojung grins.

“Of course.”

 

On the way home, she unfolds the piece of paper. Soojung could see Yoora’s neat handwriting and a list of nearly thirty things she’s ever wanted to do. At the top, she could see the first and last thing she’s ever completed on the list.

  1. Go Bungee Jumping!

 

Soojung scans the list and stops at the middle. Number 15, which says;

 

15. Meet Kim Jongin

 

She raises an eyebrow. Who’s Kim Jongin? 


[a/n] comments are much appreciated!