Friendship is more important

Love Collection

 

Staring at the girl that I love talking sweetly with her boyfriend really irritates me. I was happy that we finally get time alone to catch up and talk after not seeing each other for a month. Both of us were busy with things of our own and not to mention Krystal needs to give time to his clingy boyfriend. I swallowed all my complaints and grab my drink sipping it looking around the coffee shop to see if anything interesting happening to kill time. After who knows how long that I almost finish my drink Krystal finally hangs up with her clingy boyfriend.

 

“Sorry Amber.” She apologized. She didn’t dare to mention his name because she knew it’ll make me even more jealous than I already am.

 

“I thought I would need to grab a second one and wait until the sky turns dark for you to finish your sweet talk.” I raised the drink in font and put it down on the table feeling a little bitter.

 

“I’m sorry I’ll get you another one.” She still had a smile pasted on her face like she isn’t talking my words seriously.

 

“You’re hurting me you know that I still love you.” I sighed deeply and slumped into the one seated sofa.

 

“And this is why you’re still my best friend.” She smiled before grabbing her drink for a sip.

 

 

 

I’m in love with my friend Krystal Jung. She knows and that’s why it’s amazing how we are still able to be friends and even became best friends. It all started at Jonghyun’s 21st birthday party, it’s not one of those normal parties where you eat dinner with a bunch of friends then go clubbing or what-so-ever. It’s an enormous party like that went on through the weekend. A rented holiday apartment at the beach side, boxes of alcohol and crowded with people of all kinds. And what they do? Eat, swim, games, drink, get drunk, sleep then repeat all those things again until you’re wasted. When I got the invite I was not given a chance to say no other than throwing our friendship away like trash.

 

Waking up in that early morning I quickly threw a few t-shirts and shorts in the duffle bag along with a few of my personal belongings. Just at the right time I heard the car honk outside, I quickly stuck my head out the window and was welcomed by Jonghyun’s expensive sport convertibles. He was wearing a bright yellow shirt with sunnies flashing his teeth as he waved his hands to me. I quickly left my place and hop in his convertibles. Along the way we turn up the music on high which I think annoyed some people while waiting for the traffics but we couldn’t care less, at least Jonghyun wasn’t.

 

We got there and settle our things down before starting the party with a beach BBQ, beach balls and surfing. By night the amount of people increased twice the amount during the morning, many came late after they got off work. Everyone just crowded at the beach house, mainly eating, drinking and chatting. I was with my group of friends chatting happily before I spotted a certain beauty standing alone in the balcony. I excused myself and who knows how I got that courage I approached her.

 

When she turns over to face me I was more stunned. How could there be a human in this world this beautiful? If you were to ask me whether we had any intimate actions going on, I would have to say no. I’m not that shallow with love, I don’t start a relationship straight away because of one’s beauty. But I must admit it’s her face that made me wants to be friend with her.

 

We spent the entire weekend knowing each other and it was that party got us started as friends. We exchanged phone numbers and even added each other on Facebook. I didn’t dare to contact her after we parted but it’s funny because we often chat on Facebook. I guess it’s that which lead us to meeting out a lot.

 

It also didn’t take long until I was certain my feelings for her. As I thought it was the best timing for me to confess my love to her she brought along her boyfriend to our dinner, a dinner that suppose to be just the two of us. I wasn’t my usual self the entire dinner and I was sick of looking at their affections feeding each other like I’m invisible. But anyways I didn’t want this love to eat me out so when it’s finally the two of us I took the chance to confess. I knew the answer but I just need to get it out otherwise I won’t be able to let go.

 

Obviously she’s shock about my sudden confession and what even more of a shock is I still want to be her friend.

 

“If you needed a friend to chat or help I’ll always be there for you.”

 

I still can’t believe I said that.

 

 

 

“Hey Amber, come shopping with me.” Krystal finished her drink and placed it on the table before grabbing her handbag and my arm.

 

I didn’t even get to protest about that idea but was dragged off the one-seated sofa. Great, I thought I will need to accompany her shopping for some girly clothes and she would joke with me how good I look wearing them. But instead she turns to the left and looks at the men wear. She picks up this black shirt in one hand and a white one on the other hand and held it up in front of my body.

 

“Which one do you think will look good on him?” She had a hard choice of choosing either black or white.

 

I rolled my eyes, there goes again can she stops thinking about him and think about me for once?

 

“Why don’t you just wait till he shops with you?” I push the two shirts out of the way and walk straight through pretending to browse at the hanging clothes.

 

“He doesn’t like shopping plus his figure is similar to you just that you’re shorter.” I heard her said at the back of my head.

 

“Please…?” She pouted once I turned around and I was defeated by her cute face.

 

I knew what she wants so I grab both of the shirts and marched to the fitting room. Her face instantly lit up and followed behind. I quickly tried on the shirt and walk out like a model for Krystal. I repeated changing into different clothes until Krystal let me off. When she was satisfied I immediately collapsed on the sofa while Krystal still deciding what to buy. My heart ached so much to see her happy face because of someone else but me.

 

I sent Krystal home as the sky is getting dark; I couldn’t possibly let her travel alone when I have a car to take her. Throughout the travel we both didn’t spoke a word; I didn’t felt like speaking to her whenever I thought all she’s been doing on a catch up for us was her boyfriend. It was getting so boring for Krystal that she took her phone out and starts texting. Her constant giggles and sweet smile just told me that she’s texting to no one other than her boyfriend. I pull the brakes when I arrive in front of her house and she finally shoves her phone back in her handbag. I didn’t even pull out a smile but she was so oblivious that she didn’t catch my unhappiness.

 

“Thanks for today Amber.” The way she said it sounds as though she knew I was unhappy, that she knew I hated her talking about him in front of me and all that unhappiness disappear in a flash when I felt her soft lips on my cheek.

 

I wasn’t able to react to it and when I did she left heading to her house. My hand slowly reach and touched the burning cheek, unknowingly my lips curved showing a small smile.

----------------

This one-shot here (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/71245/7/chocolate-sweets-series-amber-fxband-krystal-luna-sulli-victoria) is a continuation of this one-shot excpt it's not Kryber.